Everquest Mangler Server - DOING IT ALL AGAIN, AGAIN!

lost

<Bronze Donator>
That camp used to be worth farming but the mask can be dumb rare and not worth it unless youre getting at least a krono which is possible. I'd say the people that sell it are the ones camping multiple picks or camps.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I guess if you want to raid here you should be a bard. My level 47 box bard has been recruited out of the blue by three good/decent raiding guilds. Then they find out I want to play my paladin as a main :(

Still, not excited about classic or Kunark raiding so I hope I'll find a good fit just before Velious.

Last edited:

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
ripisis.jpg
Was dicking around today and randomly dcd and came back to a random name change and 3 day suspension. Rip Isis. Daybreak dont give any effs

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Wow thats bullshit. Everyone knows Isis existed before the terrorists, specially in video games.. I had a char named Mindrape on phinigel and they renamed me to Mindtickle but never suspended me. I'd raise some hell on the forums, thats pretty bad assumption that you meant ISIS and not Isis.. you didnt even have a lastname suggesting it was ISIS so I could see a name change but suspending? Didnt even talk to you to ask what your name is from.. so much for roleplaying. I'd say I'm an avid roleplayer and some DBG GM ruined my roleplaying experience.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah even in the email the reason was just char name. I put in a ticket to dispute but not expecting anything for a 3 day. Mindtickle is funny

Some of this stuff is always weird. Way back in orginal, Fall of 1999, I tried to enter the last name of "spinechewer" and got turned down each time I tried. I finally caved and hit on "spinegnawer." No problems.

I am not sure you can easily decode how their red flags go off.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah even in the email the reason was just char name. I put in a ticket to dispute but not expecting anything for a 3 day. Mindtickle is funny

Honestly they wont reply until the third day. I've had a few 3 day suspensions and tried to fight them immediately when they disconnected me, and routinely they wouldnt reply until after the suspension.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Some of this stuff is always weird. Way back in orginal, Fall of 1999, I tried to enter the last name of "spinechewer" and got turned down each time I tried. I finally caved and hit on "spinegnawer." No problems.

I am not sure you can easily decode how their red flags go off.

I'm fairly certain that at one point in time all character names and surnames were globally unique. Guild names still are as far as I know.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

- Progression servers that have not launched Underfoot now allow players at level 20 and higher to use the Extended Target Window.
- Track now indicates whether your target is above or below you.

Wow, really loving these two patch changes.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
EQ's inconstent name filter was because it had a standard automatic filter, but it would also prompt any online guides/GMs to approve a character name. If you were online as a guide, you'd literally get a popup with with "Character name Lllleegholaz" and approve/deny buttons. If the guide did nothing it would eventually time out and approve it, but if the guide denied it, it would also add the name to that server's automatic filter. This is why sometimes it would deny a name instantly, or only after a few seconds (if a guide denied it), and why the naming rules were not applied consistently across all servers (or even at different times of day).

Louis

Trakanon Raider
EQ's inconstent name filter was because it had a standard automatic filter, but it would also prompt any online guides/GMs to approve a character name. If you were online as a guide, you'd literally get a popup with with "Character name Lllleegholaz" and approve/deny buttons. If the guide did nothing it would eventually time out and approve it, but if the guide denied it, it would also add the name to that server's automatic filter. This is why sometimes it would deny a name instantly, or only after a few seconds (if a guide denied it), and why the naming rules were not applied consistently across all servers (or even at different times of day).
Yup.

One day, early on i was attempted an assortment of childish names. None of them were working then one finally did. When I logged in, the guide or gm was like quit it, this is your name and assigned me some random shit.

I guess if you want to raid here you should be a bard. My level 47 box bard has been recruited out of the blue by three good/decent raiding guilds. Then they find out I want to play my paladin as a main :(

Still, not excited about classic or Kunark raiding so I hope I'll find a good fit just before Velious.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the big deal with you tunesters, group wide buffs esp. resists?

DickTrickle

When did shaman get forage? That's not classic, is it? I just realized it on my box shaman today.

Xevy

Log Wizard
When did shaman get forage? That's not classic, is it? I just realized it on my box shaman today.

Iksar shaman I think always had it, as they have to forage stuff for the Iksar cudgel quest. I think most all races have forage and/or hide now. Ogre's with hide is best RP decision.

Vinsanity

Trakanon Raider
My surname back in 99-01 was "Dysphasia" and I was forced to change the name when someone petitioned it because their child had the condition...

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I'm currently leveling a monk and my brother is leveling a ranger at the moment on Mangler, and we are looking for a guild to join for raiding when we hit max level.

The main thing is that we're just not in to the "playing EverQuest as a second job" thing anymore. We're old farts, and to be completely honest, the game is more about socializing with friends than being the first to down everything.

We'd like to find a guild that raids once or twice a week with out raid attendance penalties. I know that sounds counter productive, but really, we can't commit to being on every single time the guild raids nor can we commit to being on all through a holiday just because the next expansion unlocked at the same time.

We're looking for good people to group and raid with that care more about the individuals behind the characters than the pixels themselves. What would be ideal is a guild of fellow old farts that raids every Friday night or something. I'm 46 and he's 51, so it's not like we have shit to do on any given Friday night other than play EverQuest or watch tv anyway lol.

Also, not looking for a guild where the raid leaders yell at and berate the guild members. There's no call for that kind of shit. We're all adults here, so there's no reason to talk talk down to one another just because a 20 year old raid boss roffle stomped the raid force. I'd rather laugh about it, and try again than get yelled at and told to L2P.

Anyway... if anybody knows a guild that we would fit in to, let me know.