Everquest Mangler Server - DOING IT ALL AGAIN, AGAIN!

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Oh man, this dude is on my server.

giphy.gif

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anything on these types of servers that is typically underplayed that people are looking for? Not really sure what I want to play.

DickTrickle

Anything on these types of servers that is typically underplayed that people are looking for? Not really sure what I want to play.

Honestly, not really. So many people have boxes, if need arises people just end up switching. Or, if they're not that common, it's because they don't stack well in groups or raids. Like, paladin is pretty low, but that's because only one in a group is necessary and you really don't need a lot in a raid (more warriors or SKs are usually just as useful).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kahleem

Trakanon Raider

Find your RaidLead, or Raid Officer, and give them a list of things you'd be willing to play and let them pick FROM that list. Don't ask them what's needed unless you're 100% willing to play anything. You'll get dragged around otherwise.

SK/War/Mage/Necro/Druid/Monks are pretty overplayed. Raids are almost always looking for bards, enchanters, clerics, etc.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
We're not recruiting but I can tell you from classic on, we had a 1-2 month span where we weren't oozing enchanters. Enchanters are OP as fuck in groups so everyone wants to play them. If you want a "no one plays that!" class it's Paladin or Rogue or Beastlord. If you want to be useful? Any priest/tank/caster dps. There are 10,000 monks on the server. There are a lot of mages, but most of them are boxes.

My guild isn't recruiting atm, but we've always been looking for basically wizards (can't have too many), mages, and rogues. We hover around 7-11 clerics, 2-5 druids, and 3 shaman since the beginning of the sever. Tanks are good, but usually they're not geared which can be a problem. Paladins basically just need their DA hammer and enough hp to survive the DA downtime. SK's like to play wizards, but that shit will end soon when they can't be caster pussies. Warriors need aggro weapons and besides BoC, you're mostly out of luck except raid items. Monks are so prevalent because literally you get your epic and you're done with gear if you're not a puller. You just fucking punch shit with your fists and you'll be adequate. Rangers are mostly the same. Get a good bow, get EQ and AM3, autofire. Rogues need insane gear and non-retarded tanks to pull good dps.

If you want an easy to gear character that will always have a place, it's probably Wizard or Mage. Wizards just need a big mana pool, then focuses, then mana regen. Most fights are so fast now that you don't even need the mana pool, just focus efffects. Mages can summon their own focuses. Their 62+ pets are basically epic pets without threat and their nukes/rains are pretty decent. Also raids love a good mod rod.

I'd basically not recommend starting a warrior/rogue unless you're krono rich. SK's/Paladins can fudge it depending how much you're tanking. You can be a camp monk, but there's already HUNDREDS of them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone have advice on the best mount I can reasonably buy for my level 40 shaman on mangler, be it pp or DBC

Kaines

Potato Supreme
We're not recruiting but I can tell you from classic on, we had a 1-2 month span where we weren't oozing enchanters. Enchanters are OP as fuck in groups so everyone wants to play them. If you want a "no one plays that!" class it's Paladin or Rogue or Beastlord. If you want to be useful? Any priest/tank/caster dps. There are 10,000 monks on the server. There are a lot of mages, but most of them are boxes.

My guild isn't recruiting atm, but we've always been looking for basically wizards (can't have too many), mages, and rogues. We hover around 7-11 clerics, 2-5 druids, and 3 shaman since the beginning of the sever. Tanks are good, but usually they're not geared which can be a problem. Paladins basically just need their DA hammer and enough hp to survive the DA downtime. SK's like to play wizards, but that shit will end soon when they can't be caster pussies. Warriors need aggro weapons and besides BoC, you're mostly out of luck except raid items. Monks are so prevalent because literally you get your epic and you're done with gear if you're not a puller. You just fucking punch shit with your fists and you'll be adequate. Rangers are mostly the same. Get a good bow, get EQ and AM3, autofire. Rogues need insane gear and non-retarded tanks to pull good dps.

If you want an easy to gear character that will always have a place, it's probably Wizard or Mage. Wizards just need a big mana pool, then focuses, then mana regen. Most fights are so fast now that you don't even need the mana pool, just focus efffects. Mages can summon their own focuses. Their 62+ pets are basically epic pets without threat and their nukes/rains are pretty decent. Also raids love a good mod rod.

I'd basically not recommend starting a warrior/rogue unless you're krono rich. SK's/Paladins can fudge it depending how much you're tanking. You can be a camp monk, but there's already HUNDREDS of them.
Being one of a dozen clerics all vying for healer loot burned me out on original EQ and is why I will never play on a non-emu server again

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Super helpful guys, thanks. Thinking I might just hit up a Wizard. I've never really played one and one-button booms with ports does sound appealing.

Needless

Toe Sucker
can confirm, rogue channel rarely breaks 50 people in it lol
my rogues 55, i think i can start doing some pug flag encounters woo

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
can confirm, rogue channel rarely breaks 50 people in it lol
my rogues 55, i think i can start doing some pug flag encounters woo
I know a guild that has all of like 1 rogue that is elemental flagged right now. The one rogue pretty much gets everything for 10 dkp.

DickTrickle

Yeah, rogue daggers is about all they get for 10 dkp. They probably have to compete against a dozen rangers for chain drops.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, rogue daggers is about all they get for 10 dkp. They probably have to compete against a dozen rangers for chain drops.
True, but oddly enough, said guild has minimal rangers too. Really odd make up to be honest. Heroes of Swords and Boards is the guild by the way.

Oh and... I should point out I'm in no way endorsing said guild. There's some nice people in it, but their raiding is slow, cumbersome, and raid leadership doesn't listen to people that have done it a thousand times before and know better than them. The only reason they killed Fennin Ro was because someone who knew what the fuck he was talking about got loud in discord and told them what they were doing wrong after they did it wrong twice in a row wiping.

But... if you want raid gear and flags, you can do worse than that guild. Trust me. There's way worse out there on this server.

DickTrickle

I'm so grateful for my guild, hearing stuff like that. Not a single wipe in all of Pop. We were a little close on time on the first rathe council, had some sloppiness on our first xegony, and had to reset a zek brother twice in time, but those were the only bumps. Cleared time in 3.5 hours on the first run through -- just a lot of knowledgeable folks. Plus they're pretty laid back.

• 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I'm so grateful for my guild, hearing stuff like that. Not a single wipe in all of Pop. We were a little close on time on the first rathe council, had some sloppiness on our first xegony, and had to reset a zek brother twice in time, but those were the only bumps. Cleared time in 3.5 hours on the first run through -- just a lot of knowledgeable folks. Plus they're pretty laid back.
I miss being in hardcore raid guilds that got their shit done fast and efficiently. That's the part that I think people get wrong. They think that being in a hardcore guild means you will be raiding non-stop, but the reality is that hardcore raid guilds spend less time raiding because they get in and get out fast as fuck.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
We've had 1.5 rogues in our guild forever. I believe our top DKP is a rogue who's never bought shit because he gets any dagger for 1-2dkp. He also has knowledge of future expacs so he's one of the "well, there's a much better X in Y" guys. He still fucks for DPS though, when our retards aren't pushing the mobs around like they're on an air hockey table.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
We've had 1.5 rogues in our guild forever. I believe our top DKP is a rogue who's never bought shit because he gets any dagger for 1-2dkp. He also has knowledge of future expacs so he's one of the "well, there's a much better X in Y" guys. He still fucks for DPS though, when our retards aren't pushing the mobs around like they're on an air hockey table.
As a paladin main who loves using stun, I apologize for your entire raid.

• 1Solidarity

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bards needed much? Also, I thought enchanters were massively overplayed on these TLP servers?

DickTrickle

They're overplayed but the reality is they're the best DPS in most zones so it's still a great class for grouping.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They're overplayed but the reality is they're the best DPS in most zones so it's still a great class for grouping.

Kinda had my mind set on a bard, I'm gonna try both classes to level 10 and which one I like. I haven't done a TLP yet hoping they launch a new one soon.

DickTrickle

Bard will always be desired in group and raid. Enchanter raid usefulness is usually more limited, if that's something you care about.

• 1Like