Everquest Mangler Server - DOING IT ALL AGAIN, AGAIN!

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
I'll out it.

Holly flat out admitted that botters keep the lights on in her secret guild leader meeting. They aren't going to do shit to stop it...ever. They just want to act like they are doing something about it to keep people paying.

Edit: The main issue with trying to make 2 servers and have 1 contain all the MQ2 people is that they are going to go where the money is...IE the truebox server so they can have an advantage over the peasants and make money.

why is this so epiphanic?

"scarlet letter" the botters and their gains and allow unilateral pvp on them

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Does not really indicate what they are doing to do on the new truebox server though. I just dont understand why they would mess with a formula that has been working.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Provided the instancing continues as a server feature it's hard to really give a shit. On the last few servers I was on the botters set up shop at each era's premium camps and prices fell rapidly. As long as MQ assisted bot raid teams aren't plowing Hate or whatever 24/7 and heavily inflating the currency in circulation I can live with it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'd just like to see a server where if you want something you can go get it, and the difficulty of the encounter is all that is stopping you.

Lazy people could still buy stuff, but I'd rather pay the iron price.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Server with just botters is a dead server. Since botters require live, krono spending community to thrive. If they can't sell their phat lootz it's not worth anything.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I imagine the hope will be that there are enough 2-3 boxing folks that will keep the server afloat. I know that I've wished for a TLP I could 2-box on without jumping through hoops. Who knows what the pop will look like though tbh.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
After playing on Selo for a few months I realized that having to use other laptops to box is just ridiculous.

I'd like to be able to box 2-3 toons on 1 pc using Isboxer and not have half my office taken up by laptops and networking equipment.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
If this was any other game company (IE; Blizzard, Nexon, NCSoft, EA, etc.) imagine the shitstorm that would follow upon hearing that you're actively not banning folks for terms of service violations, *and* need their multiple accounts to inflate KPIs.

Based on that conversation even occurring, I'd cancel my subscription and the subreddit would be on fucking fire if that was say, Ion or Ghostcrawler from Blizzard saying that shit to a small community of people who all use WoWGlider or Honorbuddy.

You guys are seriously held by the balls by these people at Daybreak. Jesus.

• 5Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 5 users

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
AMA on discord April 8th, so hopefully rules and a timeline for the new TLP.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
If this was any other game company (IE; Blizzard, Nexon, NCSoft, EA, etc.) imagine the shitstorm that would follow upon hearing that you're actively not banning folks for terms of service violations, *and* need their multiple accounts to inflate KPIs.

Based on that conversation even occurring, I'd cancel my subscription and the subreddit would be on fucking fire if that was say, Ion or Ghostcrawler from Blizzard saying that shit to a small community of people who all use WoWGlider or Honorbuddy.

Or maybe we dont treat this like it's our entire lives and aren't all autistic retards.

But you do you

• 2Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
AMA on discord April 8th, so hopefully rules and a timeline for the new TLP.
Dreamweaver said earlier this week that they are planning on giving that info out mid next week. Fingers crossed!

• 1Like

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I'm going to give live a try legit. I started a toon on FV way back and realized that most of the "high" population were bots farming shit to sell on bazaar. Swapped to a regular high pop server and have almost finished the grind to 115. I'm hoping there are actually people to group with at 115 and I'm not wasting all this effort to get to max level for nothing, because I just don't dig the running boxes to grind content thing.

• 1Worf

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm not wasting all this effort to get to max level for nothing, because I just don't dig the running boxes to grind content thing.
giphy.gif

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Or maybe we dont treat this like it's our entire lives and aren't all autistic retards.

But you do you

How does 'wanting transparency between the development team of a video game and its community at large' equate to 'spending all of your life on a game' and 'autistic retardation'?
Especially considering said company has publicly stated for years that they are 'constantly banning RMTers', 'banning cheaters, hackers and specific third party software users', and this flies in the face of everything they publicly stand for.

If they had pulled that shit outside of the EverQuest bubble, well... remember the political candidate in 2016's US Election that had a 'public' and 'private' position on sensitive subjects like that? Worked out really well for her.

I've moved onto games that actually have community standards they adhere to and enforce. They get my time.

Enjoy your Krono-fueled stockholm syndrome, I guess.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
How does 'wanting transparency between the development team of a video game and its community at large' equate to 'spending all of your life on a game' and 'autistic retardation'?
Especially considering said company has publicly stated for years that they are 'constantly banning RMTers', 'banning cheaters, hackers and specific third party software users', and this flies in the face of everything they publicly stand for.

If they had pulled that shit outside of the EverQuest bubble, well... remember the political candidate in 2016's US Election that had a 'public' and 'private' position on sensitive subjects like that? Worked out really well for her.

I've moved onto games that actually have community standards they adhere to and enforce. They get my time.

Enjoy your Krono-fueled stockholm syndrome, I guess.

Comparing a 20 year old game we only play for nostalgia to a US Presidential election.

You're definitely rational and not obsessed at all

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I mean, he's the dude that was coding for emus... he's definitely invested.

• 2Like

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
That AMA is tomorrow on the official discord. Here is hoping they finally give some new TLP details. That would be swell.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
From the AMA

Question 17 - How’s the work from home situation? Are you finding it easier or more difficult to get things done? I’m finding it difficult at home with coordinating, communication, and then family obligations.

For some things it's better. I have a lot more uninterrupted thinkin' time, which is good for deep solo projects like DoT consolidation.

Necro dot consolidation INC.

• 2Worf

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Question 34 - what's up with the Necro Dot revamp?

I'm working on it now! Shadowknights are going live in this patch and Necromancers are next. It may come in phases but I have the time blocked out for it and it will happen this year.

• 1Like