Everquest Mangler Server - DOING IT ALL AGAIN, AGAIN!

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Kinda had my mind set on a bard, I'm gonna try both classes to level 10 and which one I like. I haven't done a TLP yet hoping they launch a new one soon.

Just a small caution: if you play bard for a while and then try to switch to something else, it will feel like your cheat codes are taken away.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Louis

Trakanon Raider
50% bonus xp until the end of the month. Time to get that Corona grind on

Ive tried to convince myself to play other stuff while being stuck inside, but this changes things. Surprised they arent forcing the tlp out quicker to take advantage.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm feeling the eq itch but I want to see what the new ruleset is like before I fire up Mangler again. Been toying around with a lowbie enchanter and wizard

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider
Maybe I’ll get on and level up to 65. I always get burned out after a couple of weeks, but this might help take my mind off life for a few hours each night.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
New TLP ruleset information announced It's our name day celebration! Happy 21 years of EverQuest! | EverQuest Forums

Hail Norrathians,

It's hard for us to fathom that it's been 21 years since this grand adventure began The myriad lands and challenges you’ve all completed have brought us an incredible sense of awe time and time again. We couldn't be happier to share another year with all of you and can't wait to see what the next year brings.
We've got some great things in store for the anniversary, some of you’re already experiencing, such as our new Overseer feature and the Veteran AA rewards. We still have a few things we'd like to discuss below as we enter our 21st year, including our annual 50% bonus experience event, which will be from March 16, 2020 12 AM PDT to April 1, 2020 at 1 AM PDT.

New TLP server news?

Yeah, we got that. We are incredibly excited to announce the names and general rule set info for the TWO new TLP servers we will be launching in the coming months. Please put your hands, paws, and claws together for Aradune and Rizlona! Aradune is a new concept for our Truebox server rule set. It's going to have similarities to Mangler's rule set in terms of XP, era locking, and a lot more. Rizlona will also share the Mangler rule set and be our first boxing progression server in a long time. More specific rule sets and how they will function differently than the current TLPs will be shared in the coming weeks!

Heroic Level 85 Character Boost

Ready to try out a new class, want to make a home on a different live server? We're giving all All Access Members a free Heroic Level 85 Character Boost to celebrate our birthday. Start a new life in a new home, or just try something new on your current one. You'll be able to claim the bauble from March 16 through May 10!

Server Merges

To prepare you and your characters for the universal shift, we wanted to let you know what servers are on the list. We don't want anyone getting the matter in their bodies all mixed up, that can get messy.
Lockjaw -> Ragefire
Trakanon -> Vox
Fippy -> Vox
Brekt -> FV

Player Designed Anniversary Quests!

We love the ideas we've gotten from players over the years. The development team worked to implement two player-designed quests that were submitted at Fan Faires over the years. This year for the anniversary quests, prepare to dive into some relationship woes and a culinary conundrum! You can find the following quests and their quest givers below!
Quest: Fancy Feast
Quest Giver: Maitreya the Maitre D’
Starting Zone: Plane of Knowledge

Quest: I Guess this is Growing Up
Quest Giver: Emissary of Erollisi Marr
Starting Zone: Plane of Knowledge

Thank You

A huge thanks to both players that submitted the quests and to all of you for passionately sharing your ideas and love for the game with us! You've been a huge part of our lives and adventures, and we hope we've been part of yours as well.
Cheers to turning 21, and here’s to seeing you in-game!

- The EverQuest Team

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Hey, a traditional TLP with full boxing. There's a lot of people that will really like that. If you can call them people. I think the medical term is C.H.U.D?

But good for the morlocks. They deserve pixels as much as anyone.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Rumor is that the no boxing server is going to be some sort of enforced no boxing. We'll see how it pans out. a_skeleton_03 prolly knows more honestly. Sounds like guild leaders got pulled in for advice on the rulesets.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It would be easier to make anti-boxing rules and stick to them if there was a parallel boxing alternative available. The half and half didn't stop the krono farmers but it did complicate things for the Average Joes. Hell, you could go so far as to ban people from the one server to the other server. Congrats on being caught boxing! You're dorks have all been sent to Rizola.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Rumor is that the no boxing server is going to be some sort of enforced no boxing. We'll see how it pans out. a_skeleton_03 prolly knows more honestly. Sounds like guild leaders got pulled in for advice on the rulesets.
Yeah I did a focus group with DPG and a bunch of people from different areas. We brought in a few "uber guild" members on live, some major boxers, some of the staff/devs of MQ2, and some bigger guild leaders from TLP's past and present.

We did push for faster xp like Selo and 2 month unlocks but it seems like they landed elsewhere on that.

We discussed quite a bit on boxing and I hope they took some of our advice on it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I did a focus group with DPG and a bunch of people from different areas. We brought in a few "uber guild" members on live, some major boxers, some of the staff/devs of MQ2, and some bigger guild leaders from TLP's past and present.

We did push for faster xp like Selo and 2 month unlocks but it seems like they landed elsewhere on that.

We discussed quite a bit on boxing and I hope they took some of our advice on it.

Can you give any insight into what may make the servers any different from past TLPs? Specifically the Aradune one, and how "how they will function differently than the current TLPs"?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Can you give any insight into what may make the servers any different from past TLPs? Specifically the Aradune one, and how "how they will function differently than the current TLPs"?
I don’t want to out either thing that we discussed but one discussion was about boxing and the other was an entirely new type of server. I am not sure what they are referencing whether it’s a part of both things or just one. Maybe even something we didn’t discuss.

Not quite under an NDA here but trying to respect the process.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
They were a little cagey with the "it'll mostly be like Mangler buuuuuuut" so they may not have it all locked in yet. Two month unlocks with the good exp sounds alright if nothing else. Three months is so many months when they've already had a bunch of those servers.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I don’t want to out either thing that we discussed but one discussion was about boxing and the other was an entirely new type of server. I am not sure what they are referencing whether it’s a part of both things or just one. Maybe even something we didn’t discuss.

Not quite under an NDA here but trying to respect the process.

Figured so - Worth a shot!

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
As long as they are not dumb enough to do a no box server or limited box like 2 accounts max per IP. Its almost impossible to enforce unless they are willing to hire 4-6 gms just for that server. Its so easy for people to just vpn with different IP addresses these days would be pointless and a massive mess.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I'll out it.

Holly flat out admitted that botters keep the lights on in her secret guild leader meeting. They aren't going to do shit to stop it...ever. They just want to act like they are doing something about it to keep people paying.

Edit: The main issue with trying to make 2 servers and have 1 contain all the MQ2 people is that they are going to go where the money is...IE the truebox server so they can have an advantage over the peasants and make money.
hollyMQ2.jpg

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I'll out it.

Holly flat out admitted that botters keep the lights on in her secret guild leader meeting. They aren't going to do shit to stop it...ever. They just want to act like they are doing something about it to keep people paying.

Edit: The main issue with trying to make 2 servers and have 1 contain all the MQ2 people is that they are going to go where the money is...IE the truebox server so they can have an advantage over the peasants and make money.View attachment 255165
More leaks!

But yeah, pretty naive to think many botters are just doing it for challenge and not RMT. They will absolutely go where they can make more money and a truebox server is just that.