Everquest Mangler Server - DOING IT ALL AGAIN, AGAIN!

Louis

Trakanon Raider

The necro revamp is associated with stacking issues correct? I feel like I have seen this brought up for like years? Besides them working with a skeleton crew, why is this such an epic task for them to take on? Not directed specifically at you Grumpus Grumpus , just curious as to what is complex about it.

Sterling

El Presidente
The necro revamp is associated with stacking issues correct? I feel like I have seen this brought up for like years? Besides them working with a skeleton crew, why is this such an epic task for them to take on? Not directed specifically at you Grumpus Grumpus , just curious as to what is complex about it.
There's a number of issues, but stacking is part of it. What they did with the other classes is not allow the same line to stack from the same caster and then just made each dot in that line basically whatever it is + the prior dot in that line. The issue with this for necros is they still have a shitload of lines of dots, so instead of stacking 20 dots, they'll still be stacking 12 or whatever and it's still pretty dumb. Also, these revamps play havoc on TLPs since they aren't generally a smooth fix 1-max.

Also, the unique focus on necro's 2.0/2.5 is real dumb so people have been obligated to use that basically forever. Not sure if that's been addressed or not, but that shit is real dumb.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Louis

Trakanon Raider
fv.PNG

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
They seem pretty adamant about never doing another FV style server.
Yeah. They've been on that hill for quite awhile. A server with that loot ruleset would probably be horrendously toxic, which some of us might enjoy but I get why they wouldn't want it. Also, with click buffs being AAs now, having free loot is definitely a significant power boost for a guild, even moreso than it used to be.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
No, TLP news though...

I really do not understand why they dont just throw anything out there while the masses are stuck at home. It's not like whatever they end up shitting out will be anything special ruleset wise in comparison to previous TLPs

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really do not understand why they dont just throw anything out there while the masses are stuck at home. It's not like whatever they end up shitting out will be anything special ruleset wise in comparison to previous TLPs

Yeah it seems like anyone who is waiting for a TLP will sub instantly and probably buy the backpack and all that jazz. Doesn't make sense to me either.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is that really the info thus far? That they aren't interested in a free trade TLP?

Yeah pretty much, they talked about their life partners, and how long their commute times were, someones lover got appendicitis. I'm not exaggerating.

• 1Worf

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Huh. I thought there was going to be some solid info. Wasn't it advertised that way on the forums?

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Huh. I thought there was going to be some solid info. Wasn't it advertised that way on the forums?

It was advertised that way DURING the AMA...

I cant find the response now but one of the devs basically said the TLP's will be talked more about later and then nothing was said.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
It was advertised that way DURING the AMA...

I cant find the response now but one of the devs basically said the TLP's will be talked more about later and then nothing was said.
Soooooo. Working as intended

• 1Worf

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Is the necro revamp actually, really, no take backsies, being done? I swear that shit is taking longer than Pantheon, and just a troll by devs.

If so I just might be tempted for whatever new TLP comes out, or if they fail, play on the one I can actually get groups in. Don't need OP, useful would be fine.

Iksar necro was the most fun thing ever for me in EQ as an alt, too bad I couldn't main one back in the day. I played one on Agnarr for a bit, but I had to bend over backwards to get bloody groups.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is the necro revamp actually, really, no take backsies, being done? I swear that shit is taking longer than Pantheon, and just a troll by devs.

If so I just might be tempted for whatever new TLP comes out, or if they fail, play on the one I can actually get groups in. Don't need OP, useful would be fine.

Iksar necro was the most fun thing ever for me in EQ as an alt, too bad I couldn't main one back in the day. I played one on Agnarr for a bit, but I had to bend over backwards to get bloody groups.

Def was not my experience playing a necro on Corinav and Mangler. I was constantly being invited to groups because of undead charm

• 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
They actually have a legit reason for not doing a free trade server and have historical precedent besides the non-answer about breaking the 'core gameplay loop'.

It would be a CSR nightmare and they are already understaffed on purpose because most companies are leaning towards automatic solutions for most CSR issues (character deletions, item loss, item sold to a vendor, etc) - not to mention that they had a high amount of people using stolen credit cards and chargebacks back in the day that lead to a lot of innocent players getting banned. I've seen that with a game that I did CSR'ing on professionally; they'd have a lootbox that had a tradeable item in it, people would use stolen CC's or Steam accounts to get the item they'd gamble for, followed by chargebacks and banning of the daisy chain of players that got tangled up in the illegitimate transaction and ultimately ended up with the item.

Now imagine having that, plus the larger-scale RMT problem EQ has with Redguides/ECTunnel/PlayerAuctions/EpicNPC - you'd ban so many players, lose out on money, and have to staff up your CSR department for one server that might last a grand total of 3 months. Yeah, I can see why they aren't doing it.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
They actually have a legit reason for not doing a free trade server and have historical precedent besides the non-answer about breaking the 'core gameplay loop'.

It would be a CSR nightmare and they are already understaffed on purpose because most companies are leaning towards automatic solutions for most CSR issues (character deletions, item loss, item sold to a vendor, etc) - not to mention that they had a high amount of people using stolen credit cards and chargebacks back in the day that lead to a lot of innocent players getting banned. I've seen that with a game that I did CSR'ing on professionally; they'd have a lootbox that had a tradeable item in it, people would use stolen CC's or Steam accounts to get the item they'd gamble for, followed by chargebacks and banning of the daisy chain of players that got tangled up in the illegitimate transaction and ultimately ended up with the item.

Now imagine having that, plus the larger-scale RMT problem EQ has with Redguides/ECTunnel/PlayerAuctions/EpicNPC - you'd ban so many players, lose out on money, and have to staff up your CSR department for one server that might last a grand total of 3 months. Yeah, I can see why they aren't doing it.

They just need to stick with that works basically with minor tweaks. Phinigel, Agnarr, Selo and Manger were huge successes with Coirnav being the only only somewhat successful tlp recently.

They missed a huge opportunity in deciding to wait to release the tlp in the summer vs in march. I can only speculate why they are waiting but whatever reason it is, it cannot be such an issue that prevented them from changing plans once they saw the situation.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
They missed a huge opportunity in deciding to wait to release the tlp in the summer vs in march. I can only speculate why they are waiting but whatever reason it is, it cannot be such an issue that prevented them from changing plans once they saw the situation.

Is cloning Phinny and naming it The Plaguebringer really so impossible?

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I get why they didn't want to launch a new TLP before Mangler ran through Planes of Power but I'm surprised they haven't really come out with any information and that they haven't tried to capitalize on so many people staying at home.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I get why they didn't want to launch a new TLP before Mangler ran through Planes of Power but I'm surprised they haven't really come out with any information and that they haven't tried to capitalize on so many people staying at home.

A mangler clone would have been perfectly fine given the situation. Now they are going to release in June/July right when people are all back to work and summer is in full swing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users