Everquest Memorabilia / Collectables / Figures / Artwork / Posters / Irontaail's Viper

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Since I had fun making that mini Trakanon scene, I decided to tackle a few more dragons, and I must thank the fine folks on this fine topic for giving me the idea to work on dragons in the first place.

If you've been following these little creations so far, you know I have a particular interest in Venril Sathir, so when I decided to work on a frost dragon, I figured Gorenaire would be a more fitting choice then the classic Lady Vox, due to her proximity to Karnor's Castle.

This mini-scene depicts Gorenaire sent to attack Venril Sathir's stronghold by the Ring of Scale in their millenia-long war for the domination of Kunark.

Here's a few pictures.

ZEoiEzw.jpg

1ydmy9T.jpg

HjVPR7M.jpg

tJdiGd4.jpg

xaejvh1.jpg

I attempted to make Karnor's Castle based on my memories of it (choo chooooo).. turns out my memory sucks so I dusted off my EQ account and go explore the castle on my rogue.. turns out the castle makes zero fucking sense geometry-wise. From the outside in Dreadlands, Karnor's Castle is basically a huge brick shat out by Veeshan while flying above Kunark.. the ramparts are super fucking tall without any sign of anything beyond them, not even the huge huge tower visible from inside the castle. Let's pass over the fact that the weather in Dreadlands is arid and sunny but inside the castle the sky is permanent night and the castle is 80% swampy moats.

So I tried my best to make this castle faithfully but there are some "artistic liberties", I wanted to make the main tower much more imposing, and give the whole castle more of a "ruined" look, since it was abandonned for centuries before Venril's resurrection. I also tried to replicate the climate outside of the castle, with part of the base having a cracked earth effect (which I'm pretty proud of so I threw in a picture of that), added a few half-dead trees that would live in this climate, then around the entrance side it starts getting a little more grassy, since the Dreadlands starts basically as a dry desert and 3 minutes of running later you're in snowy peaks... o_O

On the castle itself, I remembered two entrances side by side but turns out there's also a single entrance that looks kinda dumb which you pass and then there's two corridors to enter the zone proper, and then that merges into one corridor again inside, so I only kept the twin entrance... I added a temple in front of it (there are two in game but it was looking too busy on the base), and the Iksar statues (I decided to make one broken to add some interest as it's supposed to be a castle in ruins). For the ramparts I made them less tall than in-game because I wanted the bastion to stand out, I kept the inside geometry more or less faithful (what made sense at least).. kept the two courtyards on either side after the keep and before the bastion.

Gorenaire is a toy dragon I found and I modified it only a little (some repaints and other touch-ups), I added the flexible stand to move the dragon around, though the "frost breath effect" on the castle is not movable so it doesn't really make sense to move it elsewhere. XD

On the rooftop is Venril Sathir defending his castle by sending bolts of dark magic at Gorenaire (he's about 3mm tall so yeah the details are sketchy).

It was my first attempt at making a tiny tiny scale castle, I sculpted it entirely from styrofoam. I also realize now that I forgot to glue the two banners on the poles above the first keep. 🤦

Anyway I hope you like it, I have some more dragons planned but maybe I'll work on other projects first, got a few of those on the backburner for a while now.

As usual, your comments, suggestions or ideas are very appreciated.

Last edited:
  • 12Like
Reactions: 11 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
And a little extra shot of the castle from above and the moats :

6R2fprl.jpg

All in all, I'm pretty happy with a few things, it was my first time attempting to depict an arid environment, first time making some trees in that mini-scale, first time painting water on translucent plastic.. plus I get to sculpt styrofoam with a goddamn hunter knife, now that's a precision tool when you're working on a two-inch castle.

VZ7tHIh.jpg

Last edited:
  • 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
That little Steamfont looks neat! I actually pondered yesterday about making some miniature continents with famous or notable landmarks. I'll keep thinking about it, but this mini diorama makes me want to do it even more. Cool find!

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Signed FV art just became available on Keith Parkinson’s website.

CD109309-513C-4599-9923-CDF953385213.png

Use this coupon code to save 20%
TPHPQ4RR

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Signed FV art just became available on Keith Parkinson’s website.

View attachment 354060

Use this coupon code to save 20%
TPHPQ4RR

FV kinda thicc. I could get down with those thunder thighs.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Everyone knows old firionia must be a stuck up high elf.

High elves are elitist assholes.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Trying to get a few EQ things for the new office. I've been to multiple Blizzcon's so I tend to have a lot of swag from them related to all things Blizzard but not much on Everquest. Where would I begin? eBay for the figurines? Is there a Everquest place to get some of this stuff?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Trying to get a few EQ things for the new office. I've been to multiple Blizzcon's so I tend to have a lot of swag from them related to all things Blizzard but not much on Everquest. Where would I begin? eBay for the figurines? Is there a Everquest place to get some of this stuff?
Pretty much 100% EBay

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Bit of a necro, but I finally got these up in my office - metal prints at 10x24.
eq wall.png

• 20Like
  • 3Mother of God
Reactions: 22 users