Everquest Mysteries

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That wasn't what I expected, but man did it bring back some serious nostalgia.

Fuck EQ was such a good game. It's really a travesty what EQ2 was.

They could just go back and reskin Everquest with all that random lore and it'd be an amazing game; even though it's already been a game.

Are there more videos like that, but with stuff about the actual lore? He piqued my interest with the Mistmoore shit, but then went into "mysteries" that I would've never know about.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
That game literally changed my life. Looking back, it seems obvious. Not sure I would have been able to see it at the time though.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I watched the 2nd video now, and it clicked for me that all that bullshit that was in the game (the random paintings, ridiculous amount of NPC's, etc) all actually made EQ feel like a real world.

Despite everything being almost completely static, it had more life in it than current generation games where only quest NPC's actually say/do anything. All the walls are sterile. Yeah, shit moves, but there's nothing interesting about any of it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kudos

<Banned>
That guy pissed me off. I was expecting actual lore. Instead I just got cock tease after cock tease. Fuck him.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
he sounds like somebody thats more a p99er. if he had played it from launch he would know they accidently promised 5 continents so kunark and velius were things even back in vanilla. for a barb shaman i am surprised he didnt mention Sulon Mcmoor,
Npc_sulon_mcmoor.png

dude had a huge cavern all to himself would kick your ass if you got too close and he was down in the bear caves for the totemic helm quest. this guy is a n00b.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
So many things I always heard, but were either not in the game or were removed for technological reasons/put in later after they had become 'legend'.

---

Sea Monsters in the Ocean of Tears (High level sharks, sure. And the Allizewsaur on it's own little island) that would glitch through the boat and kill you if you went near the railings.

The megalodon in Lake Rathe (Believe this was in early, but was removed due to bugs, then later added as part of the Shaman(?) 1.5/2.0 Epic quest).

A Clockwork Dragon underneath of Ak`anon (Did they ever add this?)

A secret entrance to the dragon spine mountains (Not in the game, later ended up being an expansion?)

A 'monster' in the lake in Kithicor Forest that could aggro on you if you ran the wall on that side of the zone. (99% sure this one was an urban legend)

Everyone and everything being tied to the Ancient Cyclops spawn. My favorite was that, supposedly, killing Dragoon Zytl in Western Commonlands caused it to spawn - So whenever I went through the zone, I murdered him if he was up. That and for sweet revenge for all of those times her ganked me while I was doing Dervish camps.

And of course, all of the jokes about zone lines 'changing' sometimes - Burning Woods comes to mind, but I heard all sorts through the years.

Ahhh. Memories. Selling: FIVE Bags of Twink Gear at T2!

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
More than anything else, I always wanted to know what the deal was with the pile of poop in (West?) Freeport.

• 2Like

Mick

<Gold Donor>
In the August 2016 Update Preview notes:

Quests

In previous updates a number of items that are used (or are not used) in tradeskill combines had their tradeskill item flag corrected. The team took a moment to review the number of items that are delivered to various denizens of Norrath in classic quests to see how many of them were correctly labeled with the 'Quest' item flag.

As it turns out only 5.6% of items delivered in classic quests were flagged correctly. The team has fixed the other 94.4% of these items, which we hope will shed some light on some yet-unsolved Norrathian mysteries.

• 2Like

kudos

<Banned>
5.6% of items delivered in classic quests were flagged correctly
What? I thought it was "Working as Intended".

The amount of negligence and just shit development by them was hilarious. It's amazing the game became such a hit honestly with these toolbags at the helm.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Back in the day I always wanted to find some secret quest involving those named scarabs in rathe mountains.

• 2Like

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
anyone every figure out the Pyzin spawn in Qeynos Hills? in a week of camping during classic I saw one spawn. Walking from the surefall glade area towards just below the skele ruins at night.

I started casting shock of swords, hit pet attack and took an SS. By the time my screen unfroze from the SS she had despawned.

At least I made some nice plat killing the Fb earing guy. 6 hour spawn for guaranteed 5k pp item drop) was nuts. I mean Ykesha's went for 4-5k and FBSS 8k

• 1Like

kudos

<Banned>
anyone every figure out the Pyzin spawn in Qeynos Hills? in a week of camping during classic I saw one spawn. Walking from the surefall glade area towards just below the skele ruins at night.

I started casting shock of swords, hit pet attack and took an SS. By the time my screen unfroze from the SS she had despawned.

At least I made some nice plat killing the Fb earing guy. 6 hour spawn for guaranteed 5k pp item drop) was nuts. I mean Ykesha's went for 4-5k and FBSS 8k
I just camped at the ruins with my druid and tracked at night. I killed all the skeletons in the area around dusk. I think I saw her twice in like 4-5 hours.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there was a wandering skeleton, wasnt it? all my caster twinks had a GBS and it was pretty easy, just took time if you had a ranger.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I remember being a phbb forum where we tried to figure out uncompleted quests. We legitimately figured out at least 40 Kunark Quests that never showed up Allakhazam. Brute forcing quest trigger text is time consuming. "Mention basically everything in the story to every npc you think may be tangentially related to this lingering quest thread." The change where NPCs would only accept traded items that they actually needed made things a lot easier/less time consuming to test.

Still never figured out how to get to Part 2 of the Dwarven Holy Polearm, if it ever even existed.

• 1Like