Everquest Mysteries

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That mob, item was insanely rare. Like 2-3 on the entire server rare. Great duel weapon :)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That mob, item was insanely rare. Like 2-3 on the entire server rare. Great duel weapon :)
i only ever saw a few other people with it. i retired it when i got my staff of forbidden rites which had the same graphic. i used to love that bug of recharging items by selling them to the vendor.

Thaloc

Molten Core Raider
In the August 2016 Update Preview notes:

Quests

In previous updates a number of items that are used (or are not used) in tradeskill combines had their tradeskill item flag corrected. The team took a moment to review the number of items that are delivered to various denizens of Norrath in classic quests to see how many of them were correctly labeled with the 'Quest' item flag.

As it turns out only 5.6% of items delivered in classic quests were flagged correctly. The team has fixed the other 94.4% of these items, which we hope will shed some light on some yet-unsolved Norrathian mysteries.

Only took 16 years. I'm impressed.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pyzjn is still the bane of EQ for me. I have camped and killed her dozens of times across Live, Emu, etc servers. Never once had the GBS drop. I swear the day I loot one is the day I win EQ! Also related, I always wondered if the GBS was part of a broken quest. It identified as "Varsoon's Undying Heart" or something to that effect. Varsoon was another high level mob in the Pyzjn cycle that would spawn. He seemed to have no purpose other than steamroll low level players in zone.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Erudites aren't the blue-collar types; who did their crafting, built their buildings, cut their marble?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i swear the erudite race was some funny racist stuff. hey lets make the one black race be segregated to a tiny island which is so fucking far away that you have to take a long fucking boat ride to get there and when you do its completely empty. then to add insult to injury they made them all coneheads.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
i swear the erudite race was some funny racist stuff. hey lets make the one black race be segregated to a tiny island which is so fucking far away that you have to take a long fucking boat ride to get there and when you do its completely empty. then to add insult to injury they made them all coneheads.
And make sure they have the best int Stat so all the honkies have to play them if they want to powegame.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
And make sure they have the best int Stat so all the honkies have to play them if they want to powegame.
what stat made anyone choose them over any other race? high elf and gnome owned for pure casters/healers/pallies and giant races owned for pure melee/SKs. were erudites even capable of playing shm or dru?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
what stat made anyone choose them over any other race? high elf and gnome owned for pure casters/healers/pallies and giant races owned for pure melee/SKs. were erudites even capable of playing shm or dru?

Erudite had the highest int, so they were the best pure caster.

Barbarians were the best rogues, but when I created my guy I knew shit about the game really and made him a wood elf.

Really didn't matter much by luclin, definitely by pop

Obviously ogres were the best warriors because of the stun resistance

Antilles

Idiot Savaunt
on emarr we had a bard named Elwyn who used to do that all the time. he called it his conga line. one time he somehow got every fucking western wastes dragon in it including sontalak. fucked that zone up so hard.

Good old El and Da`Kor!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Barbarians were the best rogues, but when I created my guy I knew shit about the game really and made him a wood elf.

i never played a rogue, but barb rogues got slam as part of their racial abilities? lizards were the best monks due to their tail ability? erudites had???? what exactly? i had a million power groups, some were shit and some were epic exp fests. never once was i in a power group that required an erudite. never.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole

This is what I was talking about, up through Veloius (if I am remembering correctly) if you wanted best pure casting it was Erudite, it pretty much had to do with how much mama you had at higher levels I think... duck that was a a long time ago.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
N
i never played a rogue, but barb rogues got slam as part of their racial abilities? lizards were the best monks due to their tail ability? erudites had???? what exactly? i had a million power groups, some were shit and some were epic exp fests. never once was i in a power group that required an erudite. never.
Never required I don't think erudite to high elf was that different but if you wanted that slight edge you had to be an Obama son.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
N

Never required I don't think erudite to high elf was that different but if you wanted that slight edge you had to be an Obama son.
how much edge? i forget the conversion now, but 1int=10 mana? how much more int did eruds get over HiE?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this might be another one of those EQ urban legends, but wasnt there a race that had a natural mana regen? was it gnomes?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Barbs did get slam but it shared a cool down with backstab so once you got that you never used slam. Only reason barbs were better rogues is their strength was quite a bit higher than all other options for rogue.

For monk, it was really back and forth. Iksar had higher AC, but humans had better fists (lower delay I think)

Erudite had the highest INT, so they had the most mana up until the point of hitting the cap

Really the only race that had an actual appreciable impact is you wanted your tank to be Ogre so they weren't stunned half of the fight. Had a huge impact on their ability to keep agro

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
this might be another one of those EQ urban legends, but wasnt there a race that had a natural mana regen? was it gnomes?
Nah, trolls had a good amount of natural hp regen and iksar had a slight hp regen though

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
how much edge? i forget the conversion now, but 1int=10 mana? how much more int did eruds get over HiE?

. Had to go and look it up cause no way i remembering, looks like Erudite int 142 to high elf 102 starting