Everquest Mysteries

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
A lot of the noob quests were pretty fun, but became meaningless once they upped the xp rate and made things easier. Unintended consequences and all that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Iksar Armor/weapon quests were super satisfying, even if they were largely pointless by the time you completed them and/or SOE finished fixing the later steps.

Except that fucking warrior Pike. Such bullshit.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
This guy has a genuine talent for video making / editing / creation... not sure if it's being wasted or this is exactly what he should be doing, y'know what I mean? Kinda fits. Love his shit.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
I enjoy his weird and quirky videos but he needs to make more lore videos, that shit was great

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Siliconemelons

Yeah, I emailed him - offering to help go through some epics with him on p99 but no reply, the lore of the epics are actually cool.

My favorite is Bard in terms of lore.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Great idea! He could do a Lore video series on each of the Epic 1 weapons. That would be amazing. It would be both an in-depth walk through and an explanation of the story & characters behind each epic weapon.

I only did Shaman, Rogue, Monk, and Enchanter personally. And, I did the cliff-notes walk through versions, skipping most of the text.

We need these videos!

• 1Solidarity

Brad2770

I just tried finding lore on the Water Sprinkler and nothing in depth came up. I’m game.

I subscribed to the guy. I suppose I’ll sebd him a message as well in hopes it will motivate him.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Yeah the lore of epics is actually fun- for the ones that have "coherent lore"

SK is good, and it continues to epic 2

Bard is actually really good

Pally is long as it is the "oldest" because it's soulfire - FA and FD

Shaman is not bad but is a little mumbo jumbo

I don't know much about caster ones

iannis

Musty Nester
I can't remember the lore about the druid leaf dagger. It was druidish. I think you were chasing in the footsteps of some ancient heirophant or something, trying to find him maybe? I mostly just remember you had to kill a lot of random shit and zone hop a LOT.

xzi

Mouthbreather
forgot what thread I opened up and couldn't figure out what the FUCK you were talking about

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah the lore of epics is actually fun- for the ones that have "coherent lore"

SK is good, and it continues to epic 2

Bard is actually really good

Pally is long as it is the "oldest" because it's soulfire - FA and FD

Shaman is not bad but is a little mumbo jumbo

I don't know much about caster ones
sham was fun to do, but i'll be damned if i can remember any of it almost 20 years later. i soloed most of in a week and got stuck waiting for The Hole shit to go live with the rest of the shaman. lucky i was in a guild that could take down all those asskickers in that little castle.

Siliconemelons

Another fun factoid of the "lore" behind epics, is that all of them, even SK - lead to bettering norrath as a whole... except bard.

The bard epic is essentially this dude that is an insane bard, was driven nuts by part of this song - he has to find the complete song, so that is where you come in.

You make him a lute whos song could be heard througout the land "trak guts etc." - your like okay,thats cool.

Then you get him the complete pages to complete the song, but if your paying attention the "song" is the song that the maestro of rancor made and used back in the day before he was cursed and whatever and sent to the plane of hate and even he lost the song during that.

So, you then give the complete song to this bard that is insane, and who has a mystic lute that has the power to project the song mystically throughout long and far distances.

Then the crazy guy gives you "a sword I found on my journey" - the epic, and then thanks you for your help and is like "I am off to the highest mountain in the dreadlands to play this song that the entire world will hear"

way to go, you got given some random sword, and now this dude is going to go and cause an apocalypse

Needless

Toe Sucker
Thats actually pretty sick. I feel bad for not paying attention to literally any epic quest i did. I think i did them all except monk/paladin/beastlord/berserker. I just followed those condensed safehouse checklists :(

Siliconemelons

Shaman is about finding your true inner-self - hence its faction name "True Sprint" - then they recycled that faction for the few original epics, such as SK (this is how you can tell what epics were developed by who and when) the TS ones were the "first" ones they made and worked on.

SK one is fairly good, the quest to corrupt a holy weapon (ghoulbane) is cool and all, but it then leads to much darker things were people then would use that power to resusrect the "first" shadowknight, Llharc (or whatever) and if this was allowed it would lead to lots of bad things... so you go on the this quest to get all these armor and other items to be able to resurrect and bind him to stop this - the will of innorukk BP, head of the valiant earring etc. etc. then you give him the stuff because he is like "I was just using those dudes to get me shit, that stuff they thing is going to bind me is just going to ressurect me and make me stronger, help them out and really help me out and I will show you Innoruks Curse" your like "sweet" the sword that innorukk himself made for the first human empowered with the might of the shadowknight could be mine!

Well, the dude gets all this shit and is like "lulz, HERE IS IS! IN YOUR FACE!" and you have to kill him - stopping his return and the plauge upon the land that he and his followers would have brought about (the old guard SKs that wanted him back got betrayed by llarch and the new guys who then killed them all for their shit)

So you kill him and LOOT THE SWORD - who needs dangerous MQ's hand ins, when you can just let a level 1 SK loot the sword :)

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
See all i remember is being annoyed by fucking Marl Kastane for that questline. 24? 36? hour respawn timer off every hand in?
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Shaman is about finding your true inner-self - hence its faction name "True Sprint" - then they recycled that faction for the few original epics, such as SK (this is how you can tell what epics were developed by who and when) the TS ones were the "first" ones they made and worked on.

SK one is fairly good, the quest to corrupt a holy weapon (ghoulbane) is cool and all, but it then leads to much darker things were people then would use that power to resusrect the "first" shadowknight, Llharc (or whatever) and if this was allowed it would lead to lots of bad things... so you go on the this quest to get all these armor and other items to be able to resurrect and bind him to stop this - the will of innorukk BP, head of the valiant earring etc. etc. then you give him the stuff because he is like "I was just using those dudes to get me shit, that stuff they thing is going to bind me is just going to ressurect me and make me stronger, help them out and really help me out and I will show you Innoruks Curse" your like "sweet" the sword that innorukk himself made for the first human empowered with the might of the shadowknight could be mine!

Well, the dude gets all this shit and is like "lulz, HERE IS IS! IN YOUR FACE!" and you have to kill him - stopping his return and the plauge upon the land that he and his followers would have brought about (the old guard SKs that wanted him back got betrayed by llarch and the new guys who then killed them all for their shit)

So you kill him and LOOT THE SWORD - who needs dangerous MQ's hand ins, when you can just let a level 1 SK loot the sword :)
that SK quest sounds soloable for my twink. maybe i'll log back in and work on their epics a while. give me new interest in the game.

Siliconemelons

LOL, yeah thankfully in p99 they didnt "cassicize" that as no one cared or there was not evidance of it being that way, but of the 3 "armor" pieces you had to wait - I think that is what he was mostly for if I remeber, the will, ear and ring?

Siliconemelons

that SK quest sounds soloable for my twink. maybe i'll log back in and work on their epics a while. give me new interest in the game.

On live or p99?

I dont know how DT's etc work on live - but the soul leech is the "hardest" part as its on CT / Fear Golems that can DT.

Ghoulbane - UGuk
Soulleech - PoFear
Blade of Abbhor - PoSky/Air (classic, 1st island faries have it visual if weilded)
Decrepite Hide - PoHate / Ashenbones rare AF, I think "now" live, broodmother always drops it

Some stuff, Dusty Tome or whatever from Ratmen can be skipped via faction, just faction farm shaman BBmnt/Nfp turn in (step 1 or 2 of shaman epic) - same with darkforge armor turn in, thats all faction/story

Then its the will of innoruk, heart of the innocent and head of the valiant - I think its all in the hole and back and forth

then Will,Head,Heart,Currupted Ghoulbane -> City of Mist, Lharc fight

(live) New quest he gives you a "coin" before agro and Kastane pops after his death for the coin to then reward you epic, its no longer looted.

• 1Like