Everquest Mysteries

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He's just doing DS powerlevelling. I used to sell this same tactic in Velk's when you could stack bard DS.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
was watching this one today
i think the last time i was in Lguk was the weekend they nerfed the Guise Of Deceiver. i was the last person on Emarr to get one. i got so lucky.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

This guy still makes great videos.
was waiting for the payoff on this guy being behind it all.
id883.png

i guess he was only focusing on Qeynos.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
Say what you want about EverQuest, but the loading screen music takes me back more than anything else I have ever encountered.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Say what you want about EverQuest, but the loading screen music takes me back more than anything else I have ever encountered.
It takes me back to "oh fuck I need to turn down my speakers, and why can't you turn off the music from the options before server select anyway, this is interfering with my death metal"

• 1Worf

Rime

<Donor>
My computer was so janky, it could not play EQ and a music player without crashing, so I listened to EQ music.

So different than today, where the first thing I do in almost any game is shut off the music so I can listen to something else.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
My computer was so janky, it could not play EQ and a music player without crashing, so I listened to EQ music.

So different than today, where the first thing I do in almost any game is shut off the music so I can listen to something else.
i liked listening to the atmospheric noises more. at least the early game and expansions, it started getting too weird in later expansions.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
It takes me back to "oh fuck I need to turn down my speakers, and why can't you turn off the music from the options before server select anyway, this is interfering with my death metal"
The amount of times I've nearly shit myself because of that fucking music is obscene. Never fails, somehow speaker volume always maxed out whenever Everquest gets reinstalled.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
i liked listening to the atmospheric noises more. at least the early game and expansions, it started getting too weird in later expansions.

Those sounds played a very important role when it was 1st person and you were meditating into your spell book. Then they got rid of spellbook med and let you use mousewheel so yeah volume no longer necessary for game play. le sigh

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
Those sounds played a very important role when it was 1st person and you were meditating into your spell book. Then they got rid of spellbook med and let you use mousewheel so yeah volume no longer necessary for game play. le sigh

Gotta perk your ears up to hear if an Orc Legionnaire spawn is heading your way on the Orc Highway! Or if there is a Sandgiant nearby!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the zone i spent the most time in was Rathe Mountains, i was determined to get that Mortificator Staff.
id3545.png

the rain sound effect was my favorite. always reminded me of summertime.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Didn’t EQ have a built in version of Winamp? So you could load music directly into the game lol

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Didn’t EQ have a built in version of Winamp? So you could load music directly into the game lol
Eventually, but I want to say that was after RoK. It's been 20 years so my memory is a bit hazy.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Eventually, but I want to say that was after RoK. It's been 20 years so my memory is a bit hazy.
same, i want to say Luclin or even PoP, you could have the same music play on a loop for all the zones. before that people had been making their own midis from the files. it was similar to people using EQwindows and then EQ making their own version of it. i still preferred the EQ Windows version, less laggy. EQ Windows was a godsend if you had IRC running in the background. it really helped at raids or if you were in a boring camp and just wanted to bullshit with your homeys or see what Furby was ranting about when he was at his security guard job.