Everquest Mysteries

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I loved Kaesora. There was a book drop here that sold for a shit ton and no one knew where to get it for a brief time when Kunark launched.

Made a mint.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Correct me if I am wrong here but I seem to recall the Moss Covered Twig originally being a main hand item and not an off hand one. Which is why it was busted at 3 dmg 10 delay.

His #1 as Kerafrym is stupid though.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Correct me if I am wrong here but I seem to recall the Moss Covered Twig originally being a main hand item and not an off hand one. Which is why it was busted at 3 dmg 10 delay.
I remember the same as I believe the mainhand damage bonus is what made it broken.

• 3Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

When Magister woke The Sleeper, we got so much shit for that. our guild was labelled the villain guild. we didnt give give a fuck, there was a mob that needed killing and if we wanted to complete the expansion it had to happen. i imagine p99 was the same situation. all monks wanted that ventani robe. Flatts is a monk.
3fa41691e961fffd44530d9c21f64744.png

suck it up bitches.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yes I believe it was OP due to the way offhand attacks were triggered based on mainhand. By using it in your mainhand, your offhand swung crazy fast and if you had something that procs (Yak for example), it would go nuts. The nerf to make it offhand only greatly reduced its OP value.

Last edited:

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When Magister woke The Sleeper, we got so much shit for that. our guild was labelled the villain guild. we didnt give give a fuck, there was a mob that needed killing and if we wanted to complete the expansion it had to happen. i imagine p99 was the same situation. all monks wanted that ventani robe. Flatts is a monk.
3fa41691e961fffd44530d9c21f64744.png

suck it up bitches.
We farmed these then eventually woke the sleeper and got a multiple shroud drop on that last kill. Grats druid.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
We farmed these then eventually woke the sleeper and got a multiple shroud drop on that last kill. Grats druid.
we had 3 active monks at the time, we got 3 shrouds on that one ventani. so there was no point prolonging it. if we didnt do it somebody else would not long after. if EQ wanted more to have that loot they would have brought him back in the last 19 years. this expansion i suspect thats what they'yre building up to. but even then, whatever loot drops its only as good as the next new thing in the next expansion.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
we had 3 active monks at the time, we got 3 shrouds on that one ventani. so there was no point prolonging it. if we didnt do it somebody else would not long after. if EQ wanted more to have that loot they would have brought him back in the last 19 years. this expansion i suspect thats what they'yre building up to. but even then, whatever loot drops its only as good as the next new thing in the next expansion.

The next expansion had a boss that dropped an item w/ almost identical stats.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The next expansion had a boss that dropped an item w/ almost identical stats.
yep. its almost always a letdown. the items that have staying power arent because of the stats. its because of the clickie effects. there was nothing special about the Sleeper encounter in that regard. by the time we were killing emperor in luclin and before farming VT. we already were better equpped than anything we had in Velious, we only did Kael and maybe Yelinak because we had started getting server transfers and they were completely naked of any gear. so we had to backfarm Bps and leggings. we didnt have too many server transfers though so it wasnt a biggie.

xzi

Mouthbreather

These are so fucking cool tbh, I was just an ultra ultra casual in EQ and never made it past like level 8 but I wish more games had items like this, even post-nerf

• 3Like

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
These are so fucking cool tbh, I was just an ultra ultra casual in EQ and never made it past like level 8 but I wish more games had items like this, even post-nerf
I didn't watch the video, but I do cry a little inside every time I think of all the holgresh beads I destroyed because I was a mage and Eye of Zomm as a clicky was useless. As a young teenager I was embarrassingly naive of "creative use of game mechanics."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user