Everquest Mysteries

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Fuckin' beat me to it. I really need to get one of those prints, though... Also, goddamn, nerdy as fuck, but I'm super jealous of his damn room.
i dont understand how you can play eq99 for ten years and still not be lv 50 and have an epic. my first guild i had in live in 99 i was lv 50 by september and the rest of the guild was still lv 15-18 having RP raids in West Karanas on the bandit camps and talking to the farmers at the farms. i was like, uh guys. why dont you get some levels? you're missing everything! they didnt care. they just wanted to run around West Karanas or other karanas playing around.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
i dont understand how you can play eq99 for ten years and still not be lv 50 and have an epic. my first guild i had in live in 99 i was lv 50 by september and the rest of the guild was still lv 15-18 having RP raids in West Karanas on the bandit camps and talking to the farmers at the farms. i was like, uh guys. why dont you get some levels? you're missing everything! they didnt care. they just wanted to run around West Karanas or other karanas playing around.
Somehow I managed to play EQ religiously from maybe 4 months into the start of the game and didn't hit max level until PoP came out, and even then it only happened because me and my IRL friend (who I introduced to the game) ended up joint leveling a character and he pushed me to do it.

My original account probably had 100+ characters spread over almost every single server with levels ranging from 5-40. Almost every alt I made would be a new class/race combo on a different server. My first "raid" was Innoruuk in Nadox when the server was in GoD in some complete shitter casual guild and people went wild dkp bidding on his FT2 ring and rapier.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
10 years later I did the 2nd part
Ahhh you're here! I found your vid on Youtube thx to the algorithm. VERY Impressive work my good man. Proud to say I'm a fan of your work.

Do you write scripts on a private emu server to get the footage?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Ahhh you're here! I found your vid on Youtube thx to the algorithm. VERY Impressive work my good man. Proud to say I'm a fan of your work.

Do you write scripts on a private emu server to get the footage?
Yeah getting the video footage is by far the most time consuming process. I would say, on average, it takes 1minute of work to produce 1s of video the way I am doing it now. It doesn't help that the Lanys/FV Arc is basically 5 different large scale battles which are a real PITA to setup with all the pathgrids / factions and just trying to make it look "natural". I'm also a big novice working with the eqemu / peqeditor so a lot of what I do is 2 steps forward 1 step back.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Yeah getting the video footage is by far the most time consuming process. I would say, on average, it takes 1minute of work to produce 1s of video the way I am doing it now. It doesn't help that the Lanys/FV Arc is basically 5 different large scale battles which are a real PITA to setup with all the pathgrids / factions and just trying to make it look "natural". I'm also a big novice working with the eqemu / peqeditor so a lot of what I do is 2 steps forward 1 step back.
Doing God's work.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Yeah getting the video footage is by far the most time consuming process. I would say, on average, it takes 1minute of work to produce 1s of video the way I am doing it now. It doesn't help that the Lanys/FV Arc is basically 5 different large scale battles which are a real PITA. I'm also a big novice working with the eqemu / peqeditor so a lot of what I do is 2 steps forward 1 step back.
Well it's worth it imo! You're doing the best work in that genre I've ever seen. Michael has a better gift for the flair of the art but he's just so... heh... he's slightly irreverent but mostly quirky but that's still not doing him justice but that's his style and we love him for that. Y'all are doing different things.

LoreWhoreGalore is good but your visuals are just more on point with accompanying the story to make it more cinematic.

What's your next project?

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Well it's worth it imo! You're doing the best work in that genre I've ever seen. Michael has a better gift for the flair of the art but he's just so... heh... he's slightly irreverent but mostly quirky but that's still not doing him justice but that's his style and we love him for that. Y'all are doing different things.

LoreWhoreGalore is good but your visuals are just more on point with accompanying the story to make it more cinematic.

What's your next project?
Well FV and Lanys is probably going to be 1 more large video (covering Kidnapping #1, Kidnapping #2, War in DL, and War in Nektulos) or split into 2 o_O

After that I want to cover Mayong, Venril, then like a 16 parter covering the different class epics (Most of the 1.5/2.0s have really big story implications that people don't read).

Morden Rasp and the initial venture into GoD is also really interesting and is already pre-written ingame, so I would just need to get visuals for it which would be pretty easy since there aren't a lot of individual characters and only goes through specific zones.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 7 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I like them, but i would like to see the stats with it and maybe a background color of some kind.
I just bought the cleric one. I don't care about the stats and shit but I'll be adding it to my home lab setup.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
EQ2 encounters and combat felt like a spreadsheet formula. Totally predictable whether you would win the fight based completely on the mobs level compared to yours.

No tactics or strategies like EQ, you know with 98% certainty if you win or lose before you even engage. So many of the abilities where DMG + Minor Stat Reduction, and whatever the secondary component was of the ability felt completely worthless and pointless. It never felt like you were balancing your resource pools, you just face smash your keyboard till shit was dead.

The social agro, small group-pulls, and leashing were all fucking stupid as well. It all felt so artificial. EQ felt alive, dangerous, and unpredictable. EQ2 felt like a video game.

Their fundamental gameplay loops were fucked out of the gates, in the attempt to be casual and solo-friendly. The only people that don't know that or acknowledge it never played a real MMO like EQ1.
EQ2 just wasn't fun.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users