Everquest Mysteries

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I loved being the helpful shaman. Made so many friends that way or just went around and made people happy. I'd often get tells from people in just bizarre places or just newbs asking for buffs and is just go on a jaunt around the world getting random people swole because if felt awesome being nice.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
well here is my try.
Erudites stat guys, always pissed off because their home city is on western bumblefuck and they got a downs head
Barbariansguys who watched too much braveheart and like smashing stuff, but didnt want to be an ugly ogre or troll
Iksar fucking 00ers or guys who had a bad rep or poor char choice and rerolled to start over.
Vah'shar kewl dudes who think they are entitled to everything.
Beastmaster kewl dudes who think they can do everyone's job. they make dr00ds look OG

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Necromancer- The best player you know. Coolest mother fucker, never gets rattled.
Rogue- Probably a great guy, always willing to put himself in harms way to drag your corpse. Gona pickpocket all the groups mobs and say "/shrug I guess mobs in this zone have shit for loot."
Gnome, any class- Probably the coolest and funniest person in the guild or possibly a boxed bot... your not sure.
Enchanters- Narcissists. They are literally the best and everyone else sucks balls. "You break mez again and I am never giving you clarity, ever."

Holy fuck this is so true. Thinking of all the top players I ever met they were almost always Necro or Bard and also played every other class great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It was a sad day when they made pickpocket its own loot table, instead of just letting me unscrupulous individuals steal all the gems

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Confirmed that ppl who played halfling are cool, chill, and fun to be around
I alway have this memory of grouping at the KFC ramp in SK with a halfling rogue. All of a sudden a gnome warrior pops up wanting in the waiting list , i told him no list and grouped him up. Not many gnomes in that region so early after release and the halfling rogue was so fascinated with the even tinier gnome. He kept /hugging him. It was hilarious watching these two dorks hugging and dancing with each other while we killed harriers, rooks and avocets. And the gigantic elephant that had a dying animation took about a half hour to complete and corpse lagged you to death.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I like the stereotype deep dive.
Clerics- Diva's, celebrities. Good/bad, asshole/nice guy... it didn't matter. Everyone would bend over backwards to get a cleric and suck their dick to keep them. The clerics knew this and milked it for all it was worth.
Dwarf, any class- Probably an old man that like hanging out with the kids, not in a creepy way. A little slow, but reliable, solid, and everyone loves them.
As a Dwarf Cleric, I can... totally recognize that.

Although "old man" would only be relative at the time. Only teens would call a late 30ish guy "old man".

• 1Like

A5150Ylee

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
did everyone have a cleric and ranger romance that caused guild drama too? i swear, i was in 3 guilds during my time and it happened in all 3, one of them it happened twice.

Holy shit! This was a thing? I played a human ranger (because I'm a masochist or something), and a HE cleric and I hit it off. It seemed natural at the time because we were both in our early 30's and had gone through divorces. We played similar times and frequently would just duo stuff and chat about our lives and try to support each other. We talked about meeting IRL, but never made a go of it.

We didn't screw up the guild with drama, but there were certainly 'jokes' about us being a thing. But I think the raid leaders made sure we were in the same group even if it really wasn't the best division of personnel.

I mean, rangers died ALOT so is it just De Clerambault's Syndrome or Florence Nightingale Syndrome?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Bringing this back onto the topic of actual EQ mysteries.

In Plane of Mischief, Bristlebane puts on a play with puppets of all the EQ God, Cazic Thule is missing however. When you kill CT in Plane of Fear he drops Puppet Strings!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was in Machin Shin on Xegony...

Machin Shin was my first guild. Good times.

CoZMkQ7.png

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
In Plane of Mischief, Bristlebane puts on a play with puppets of all the EQ God, Cazic Thule is missing however. When you kill CT in Plane of Fear he drops Puppet Strings!
Which begs the question: Is CT the real one who escaped the puppet theater and all the others are still prisoners, or is he a fake that replaced the real one?

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Ah my Trolls...

Cazic or Inny your choice; Inny had the darkness snare necklace, Cazic had a panic animal item. Cazic also had Greenmist.

Same regen as Lizards...you weren't a Shammy if you didn't Canni Dance.

And -20% exp racial penalty. -45% if you were an SK, although it was parsed out to actually be -68% originally. Took me for fucking ever to get to the Planes.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
did everyone have a cleric and ranger romance that caused guild drama too? i swear, i was in 3 guilds during my time and it happened in all 3, one of them it happened twice.

We had a Cleric in my guild that caused an endless stream of drama. She who must not be named. Almost as bad as your average Chanter...

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Holy shit! This was a thing? I played a human ranger (because I'm a masochist or something), and a HE cleric and I hit it off. It seemed natural at the time because we were both in our early 30's and had gone through divorces. We played similar times and frequently would just duo stuff and chat about our lives and try to support each other. We talked about meeting IRL, but never made a go of it.

We didn't screw up the guild with drama, but there were certainly 'jokes' about us being a thing. But I think the raid leaders made sure we were in the same group even if it really wasn't the best division of personnel.

I mean, rangers died ALOT so is it just De Clerambault's Syndrome or Florence Nightingale Syndrome?
yeah, it was a thing, we had a lot of that kind of drama in the guilds i was in. my first guild was ranger and druid, then ranger and cleric. second guild was ranger and cleric and warrior and cleric and warrior and druid. third guild was ranger cleric, ranger and cleric, monk and enc, shaman and rogue. cleric tried to get with me, also druid tried to get with me, i was convinced they were all dudes and we already had a enough fucking drama in the guild so i blew them all off.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I main'd a cle and got drunk and hit on everyone :x I eventually met up with a long-term romance in game and made love a few times. She was married though :(

Sad to say, I still get drunk and hit on everyone, just IRL

But yes, diva to the hilt as a cle.

Absolutely fantastico list ya got there, Fight :)

• 1Like