Everquest Mysteries

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i ended up trading my paw of oppalla for the Totemic helm, ironically i was running through everfrost one time because i was bound in Halas for years. i heard on the /ooc. "Hey there is a bear down in this underwater cave. i killed it, anyone want the pelt? its rotting. you got x minutes." i immediately changed direction and booked over there and got the pelt. traded the current helm for some decent item and then i completed the quest and got my helm back. good times.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
Safehouse board. Lots of drama there. Also he dumped some in depth lore there when he quit.

Oh man, I remember that place. One of the main mods there was Keith Parkinson's son, if I remember correctly.

I was so in to Rogue shit back then. I was one of those server contacts for Karana to get access to that Rogue-only forum.

I miss those old class-specific EZboards

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
And fuck it, I was curious to see if anyone ever uploaded this to Youtube, and surprise, surprise. This blew my 15 year-old mind when I first saw it.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This guy continues to do amazing work.

That firepot in Neriak just said "It's locked and you're not holding the key" for the longest time. I went there with my guide character once and it did indeed port me to LFay. Don't think there was ever another way of actually activating the thing. Was one of the cooler parts of being a guide, exploring everywhere. You weren't supposed to go into the raid zones without reason though.

Some of the GMs would summon you into otherwise unreachable locations, usually a small room with various locations written on the wall. The Befallen cat room is well known because you could glitch into it on a player character, but many other zones had one too. There was also the special guide/gm zone CShome which had most of the god models loaded, got turned into Innoruuk a few times there.

Answering petitions was hit and miss, most players were nice but there was the occasional asshole. Spent a lot of time killing mobs stuck under the world as well as summoning corpses from under it. A few zones were notorious for it, Dreadlands comes to mind.

On an unrelated note, anyone remember the "Has anybody seen my corpse?" song? I still have the mp3 from 2000 on my pc. Song starts about a minute in although the intro isn't bad if you're in a nostalgic mood...

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Baek

Golden Knight of the Realm
On an unrelated note, anyone remember the "Has anybody seen my corpse?" song? I still have the mp3 from 2000 on my pc. Song starts about a minute in although the intro isn't bad if you're in a nostalgic mood...

that was one of the first songs I downloaded on napster/kazaa or whatever we used back then. I remember jamming to that on the bus to school. That and evanescence. God i was so cool.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider

Oh, holy fuck, I downloaded that off Napster, hahaha

That's a nostalgia trip

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I remember this shit. Was wearing bronze and had some shit mainhand weapon. All these people were gods to me. Wanted to be part of this epicness so bad. Good times. I remember stringing a 50ft phone cord to my neighbors house next door so I could use my buddies internet at night, as my parents would check our phone line to see if I was playing. The lengths I would go to poopsock EQ.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Was in one of the TOT and it was one of my favorite things I ever did in EQ!

Still one of my fave vids was the the Conquest Sleepers Tomb vid, sleepers tomb was so "mysterious" at the time.

• 3Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
One of my favorite EQ "mysteries" was the Kunark Iksar armor/weapon questlines. The armor quests were generally pretty clear and solved relatively quickly, but some of the Necro Caps and the Warrior Pike took over a year to figure out (Although the Warrior Pike had the excuse that part of the quest chain was actually broken and had to be fixed by sony before anyone could finish it). Those sets/weapons were some of the more enjoyable bits of Everquest to me. Good mix of lore, scavenger-hunt, impactful itemization, and directing you to level appropriate zones to get your quest pieces while leveling. The final stage of most of the weapons was sweet, either giving you an easy Shissar Bane weapon with a sweet ratio for the time, or a clicky buff, a really good ranged stat stick, or a pike to sling across your back for a nice pre-raid cloak (as long as you didn't need your back slot for haste).

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Not classic but always like to relive the TLP Sleeper days with this rap, Photek made it - seen him on agnarr and coirnav:

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
The best of the best warrior, was dominated by a guy call "Nanak" from Vallon Zek server. He won easily using a weapon that every other War in the game dismissed. This one: http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=6638&setcookie=1

First he used a 2hand weapon, when DW user didn't stand a chance due to how the game work in pvp, and second and this is where it's important, the 50% slow proc on the hammer. An instant win when it proc.

He won the tournament.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The best of the best warrior, was dominated by a guy call "Nanak" from Vallon Zek server. He won easily using a weapon that every other War in the game dismissed. This one: http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=6638&setcookie=1

First he used a 2hand weapon, when DW user didn't stand a chance due to how the game work in pvp, and second and this is where it's important, the 50% slow proc on the hammer. An instant win when it proc.

He won the tournament.

It's interesting how we look at that is clever use of game mechanics, and a better understanding of the weapon arsenal through purposful testing, which we can easily justify as a legit win in our minds. These days it would be instantly deplored, and considered heretical due to an 'imba' weapon, hehe.

Early gaming was best gaming due to the emergent gameplay, IMO. "Good" or more accurately, creative players stuck out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dracula's Crew

Molten Core Raider

He won the tournament.

Truncheon and fungi tunic and yeah, he pretty much dominated it. The whole Twelve Prophets crew were seriously a blast to play with and all fucking lunatics.