Everquest Mysteries

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No it's just the worst loot system, even /random is better.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
All the BotB winners:

Everquest Aeno the Warder (Ayonae Ro).jpg

Everquest Aftathott the Virtuoso (Mithaniel Marr).jpg

Everquest Daahoud the Grand Master (Veeshan).jpg

Everquest Daaken the Arch Mage (E'ci).jpg

Everquest Drolkrad the Warlock (Nameless).jpg

Everquest Kevon the Phantasmist (Xev).jpg

Everquest Nanak the Warlord (Vallon-Zek).jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

kudos

<Banned>
Every time I look at really old pictures it makes me want to play. Then I remember even with old world models on, the zones have been fucked beyond repair and the "community" aspect is basically dead.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Every time I look at really old pictures it makes me want to play. Then I remember even with old world models on, the zones have been fucked beyond repair and the "community" aspect is basically dead.

The Al`kabor Project (EQMac) - Luclin 7/25

OG zones (and OG a lot of other stuff), strong community, plenty of single boxers despite three-boxing being allowed. Basically EQ Paradise in 2018.

Always surprised more forum Bros haven't tried it out, it really is an awesome server. By far the best place to relive classic EQ in present year.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Siliconemelons

TAK vs P99 the great debate.

Wonder if they ever could come to a merge agreement or something :)

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Wonder if they ever could come to a merge agreement or something :)

won't ever happen. the closest thing to that will be once they both finish their projects, go open source, and a third party combines the best aspects of both.

and i think P99 going open source isn't even 100%, tho TAKP will for sure be doing it once they finish PoP.

Siliconemelons

P99 won't open their code.

I know it won't happen, but I am saying the communities are what need to be together - although the raid scene is full- there is however a big need of general leveling population.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
TAKP at least has a steady stream of people levelling alts, since PLing is easy when you can box.

And a surprising number of totally fresh players, honestly, especially since Luclin dropped. I especially see a lot of RL friends / couples levelling lately. Especially couples -- seems like every other newbie I run into lately is part of a husband+wife duo.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Plane of Hate always had the level requirement iirc, it was Fear that was open at the start.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Aww man. I wish I had old screenshots of when I was in Arch Overseers and Club Fu circa 2000-2003. They’re all long lost on hard drives that crashed which I subsequently destroyed permanently.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
No it's just the worst loot system, even /random is better.

I'd like to hear the reasoning behind this. DKP literally was the most fair loot system as it promotes those who actually have been there for a while to get first dibs if they had the money for it.

And wasn't Hate opened after the Kithicor Forest event? I went from level 46 to 44 just from that fucking night. That GM event was so fun -- people realizing the only way to damage the enemies was by healing them, lol.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
DKP literally was the most fair loot system as it promotes those who actually have been there for a while to get first dibs if they had the money for it.

'Fair' is however you define it, and you're just describing a seniority system. DKP is an abstraction of character value that removes consideration of any contribution that character might make to the guild other than killing a dragon. DKP systems which attempt to include non-dragon kills in DKP just create more avenues to game the system. A good leader or council of leaders with their finger on the pulse of the guild's activity is infinitely more fair than DKP, according to how I've just defined it.

• 3Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
A good leader or council of leaders with their finger on the pulse of the guild's activity is infinitely more fair than DKP, according to how I've just defined it.
Just like an enlightened absolute despot is wayyy more efficient than democracy.

(to continue the analogy)

• 2Like

kudos

<Banned>
Yeah, when you break it down a loot council of no more than 3 people is the best way to handle loot. Not enough to where it's unfair for people not on the council and enough to argue something that may not be obvious.