Everquest Mysteries

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Uqua was broke with trash hitting for 3k right after the plane of time. Then they spawned a few adds when someone died. Figured it wasn't too much to ask for. But I once ran in there with my friend before it got nerfed. That was fun while it was on crack. Would've been impossible for any guild at level 65 throughout the zone though. Tallon and Vallon in time hit for 3k. Shows you the comparison.
we blew right through that expansion. Uqua was insane the first tries, then it was stupid. the risk wasnt worth the reward. i hated that shit. i couldnt even remember the names of who we were fighting or the zones. it looked like somebody put their head on the keyboard when making up the mob names. then i see Elidroth saying that expansion was a brain fart of one dev who left mid creation and even they couldnt make heads or tails of it. it makes sense. they really screwed the pooch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
we blew right through that expansion. Uqua was insane the first tries, then it was stupid. the risk wasnt worth the reward. i hated that shit. i couldnt even remember the names of who we were fighting or the zones. it looked like somebody put their head on the keyboard when making up the mob names. then i see Elidroth saying that expansion was a brain fart of one dev who left mid creation and even they couldnt make heads or tails of it. it makes sense. they really screwed the pooch.
The only thing I remember about this entire expac was grinding mobs in some weird open air chasms or some such. Fuckers hit like freight trains and we just kited/rotted them. They basically one shot us if they got close.

• 1Like

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I remember Uqua's trash causing our newly guilded knights to cry a shitstorm because I wanted disced warriors on all the trash as it was killing us repeatedly since they were all mini Time gods, and said idiocy making me quit to WoW beta

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I remember Uqua's trash causing our newly guilded knights to cry a shitstorm because I wanted disced warriors on all the trash as it was killing us repeatedly since they were all mini Time gods, and said idiocy making me quit to WoW beta
Theres a lot of shit like that. Regardless of the game, raid leaders will be convinced their way is the best way. May struggle to do it, but you eventually succeed out of sheer brute force. Then you do the same raid later with a different raid leader and they do it the way you know/remember it, and the encounter goes down easily. Sheer arrogance on their part, but its w/e. I claim ignorance more often than not. Early WoW encounters werent exactly rocket science so it wasnt a big change.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Uqua was broke with trash hitting for 3k right after the plane of time. Then they spawned a few adds when someone died. Figured it wasn't too much to ask for. But I once ran in there with my friend before it got nerfed. That was fun while it was on crack. Would've been impossible for any guild at level 65 throughout the zone though. Tallon and Vallon in time hit for 3k. Shows you the comparison.

I was in the world firsts guild at that time - I may be wrong but I think we beat a lot if not everything pre nerf. We used to have devs along at the raids to see if stuff was possible.

Tactics were often charm 2 or 3 of those trash mobs and use them to clear the zones. So many wipes though, hour after hour .. burnt a lot of us out and we moved on after GoD.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider

We didn't have that much problems with Uqua in Tide on Venril Sathir. Sure, we wiped badly a couple of times, until we figure out the adds spawning every time someone died, which meant tanks had to be that much more vigilant to pick 'em up or it was dominoes effect on the whole raid.

Don't get me started on the boom rooms though :D

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Theres a lot of shit like that. Regardless of the game, raid leaders will be convinced their way is the best way. May struggle to do it, but you eventually succeed out of sheer brute force. Then you do the same raid later with a different raid leader and they do it the way you know/remember it, and the encounter goes down easily. Sheer arrogance on their part, but its w/e. I claim ignorance more often than not. Early WoW encounters werent exactly rocket science so it wasnt a big change.

Sounds like the commentary from one of the 80 guild members that can't offer a better approach.

Most raid leaders aren't trying to piss of their guilds or make things as complicated as possible.

Daidraco

Sounds like the commentary from one of the 80 guild members that can't offer a better approach.

Most raid leaders aren't trying to piss of their guilds or make things as complicated as possible.
Never said that was a raid leaders intention. Sounds like you're looking at it from an almost bitter opposite angle? Always going to be people busting your balls no matter how well you do. What I was talking about almost a month ago now... is when raid leaders shut peoples advice down regardless of how well it would work. Those that actually speak up and try to talk about it, not those that talk shit behind the raid leaders back during the raid. Dont think Ive played with you in any game?... but trust that Ive been on both sides of the fence. Since you're also bringing up 80 members, and we're in an EQ thread, then ya - very likely the raid leader is the one fucking up if they're wiping or struggling with that many.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Never said that was a raid leaders intention. Sounds like you're looking at it from an almost bitter opposite angle? Always going to be people busting your balls no matter how well you do. What I was talking about almost a month ago now... is when raid leaders shut peoples advice down regardless of how well it would work. Those that actually speak up and try to talk about it, not those that talk shit behind the raid leaders back during the raid. Dont think Ive played with you in any game?... but trust that Ive been on both sides of the fence. Since you're also bringing up 80 members, and we're in an EQ thread, then ya - very likely the raid leader is the one fucking up if they're wiping or struggling with that many.

Have you ever been a raid leader?

We used to have a thread for every raid event, so people could give suggestions on how and what.

A lot of people still insisted on blurting out stuff during the raid events.

I was in a top 5 EQ guild for far too many years, and we had an 80ish person roster so we could field a good 54 raid every raid day, which was pretty standard. We did not have guides to follow, just whatever scraps of info could be traded with the other top guilds.

• 1Like

Daidraco

We used to have a thread for every raid event, so people could give suggestions on how and what.

I was in a top 5 EQ guild for far too many years, and we had an 80ish person roster so we could field a good 54 raid every raid day, which was pretty standard. We did not have guides to follow, just whatever scraps of info could be traded with the other top guilds.
"On both sides of the fence" was kind of the response to that. Also, Im pretty familiar with top guilds across multiple games, not just EQ. Especially here.

Anyways - The conversation is starting to change from the reference point. Some raid leaders either dont need to be raid leaders, or at least take criticism and/or advice which was my only point.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Vindicator?
Nowhere close... Kunark had flurriers.

-edit I'm probably dead wrong here, but I'm gravitating toward those Bazzzz Zzzzt mobs in Sky. Anyone else have any memories about the first time they saw a mob execute a FLURRY of attacks on your face?

Last edited:
  • 1Dislike

Daidraco

Nowhere close... Kunark had flurriers.

-edit I'm probably dead wrong here, but I'm gravitating toward those Bazzzz Zzzzt mobs in Sky. Anyone else have any memories about the first time they saw a mob execute a FLURRY of attacks on your face?
Something Im sure you're all too familiar with.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

our guild could only dream of having 54 at a raid, or maybe it was for the best we only had 35 accounts at our raids. it was actually something like 25 with people 2 and 3 boxing. 54 must have been horrendous lag. during Luclin when we still had people on dialup they would drop like flies with over 30 doing stuff. i had to buy a new PC and switch to broadband just to be able to play the expansion. i was glad i did. what a shitshow those "new" graphics were at the time. i think we did have 50 once during a pop raid, but that was when we had cleared everything and were in farm mode. then all the flakes remembered to log on. fucking faggots

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Rampage and Flurry were Velious additions. AoE/Wild Rampage was a PoP addition.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
December 8, 2000 3:00 am
------------------------------

*Velious Subscribers*

Please run the "Velious Patch" off of the patch program.

*New Patch*

We appreciate everyone's continued patience over the past couple of
days, and are happy to see that the problems that have been experienced
are relatively minor compared to those of the past. Tonight's patch is
expected to be the last one we'll have to do for a while, so we hope to
have you enjoying Velious over the weekend non-stop.

Today's patch corrects the following issues:

- The user interface problems that occurred as of last night have been
addressed, such as window positioning and transparency. Also addressed
were problems with targeting, enabling and disabling windows, and
switching to and from resolutions above 1280x1024.
- Corrected a problem that would cause some Voodoo card users to lock
up when killing giants.
- Added messages for some new skills that some NPCs have (e.g. Rampage,
and Flurry).

- Fixed items and item drops in a number of zones.

Enjoy your weekend!

- The EverQuest Team
I dug this up. I guess I'm conflating some things here (Like Enrage), but I could have sworn that some Kunark mobs flurried.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member