Everquest - Phinigel server

Rita Poon_sl

shitlord
Still better than p99
way worse. Soloing is super pointless 40+.
rrr_img_133680.jpg

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Solo Xp is worse than p99 xp no question you'll feel like they turned xp off without a group.

The only way to get okay xp solo is to kill yellow and red cons. Good luck with that.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Christ, soloing nerfed? What about duoing? Started last night and was having enough trouble as is with no bags and no plat (not sure how I had the patience for this way back when), buthavingto group is probably a dealbreaker since I don't have all day of every day anymore.

edit: Necro and Druid

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
There is a pretty significant xp bonus for having a full group - noticeable even between 5 people and a full group - and even then it is slow as shit past 40 or so.

The good news is that as long as you go to Crushbone -> Unrest (or upper Guk) -> LGuk -> CoM -> Sebilis (and to a lesser extent Chardok), you will have no shortage of xp groups. Go anywhere else though and you ain't getting shit unless you bring your own party, which is a shame because there is alot of neat stuff out there. As per the usual though, people just gravitate toward the path of least resistance when it comes to xping.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Phinigels xp is way slower than classic or p99 solo. The way exp works is weird and for the first few levels try and only kill white or yellow cons. Blues are a waste of time unless there's absolutely nothing else up. They only give like 1/5th or 1/10 the exp (been a while, but it was absurdly low) of a white con.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Phinigels xp is way slower than classic or p99 solo. The way exp works is weird and for the first few levels try and only kill white or yellow cons. Blues are a waste of time unless there's absolutely nothing else up. They only give like 1/5th or 1/10 the exp (been a while, but it was absurdly low) of a white con.
Yellows steamroll me. I can only lifetap like 5 times before running oom, after which I get destroyed.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Still trying to decide on two classes anyway. On the Druid, I'm settled, even if nobody else likes them. The other, though - the fact that soloing (or duoing) is shitty changes things a bit. My two favorite classes are Druid and Rogue, and while they make for a shitty duo, they're workable in a group. Any other suggestions for a second? Was a Necro to start, but the more I read the more I hear this server is overrun with Monk/Chanter/Necro

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Those 3 classes regardless of their popularity won't affect you getting a group, the vast majority of people hit 60 and never returned to xp again. Countless groups in seb were broken due to no rep chanters. Phinigel shit xp puts an emphasis on optimum group makeup, charm pets, a puller to keep mobs in camp and heals.

In light of what I've said about solo xp, a necro friend of mine soloed 54-60 in city of mist with a charmed pet and smoked me in leveling to 60 because charmed pets are simply that op.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
To add, don't make a class for xp reasons, look at endgame fun, eventually any class you make will hit cap and then what?

Necros are one of the few classes that can actually land spells and are currently #1 in raid dps because nothing else fucking sticks and mitigation of the mighty makes everyone else's dps look like limp dicks.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Rogues are pretty shitty, but groups always want to be full so it's not impossible to get them in. Druids and necros are solid classes, though

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Rogues are pretty shitty, but groups always want to be full so it's not impossible to get them in. Druids and necros are solid classes, though
I know (and remember) rogues being shitty in early EQ, but weren't they fucking insane in Velious/PoP? (Luclin made all melee shitty iirc, what with Shissar AC)

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Necros are always welcomed in an exp group. Especially since the golden path is undead heavy. The ghetto mez works out quite well in lieu of an enchanter as well.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Rogues are kind of dicks until 60, and even then they're still slightly under monks. They put in innate duelist (10% raw dmg output increase) for TLP to kind of help put them near monks. With double backstab it's not bad as a kunark 60.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The problem is epic monk dmg tables are way out of era. There is literally no better weapon for a monk until very late Velious and only for primary slot (due to dmg bonus). One is Gharn Rock from Vulak and the other is Fist of Nature from Tunare. Secondary slot bare fist is still better than anything in game. So yea, comparing an epic monk in Kunark is pointless. They are super OP in that xpac the way things are.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Sold Krono, so sitting on 7.5k plat. Sticking around EC tunnel for a bit - I want to at least buy some bags, and hopefully scavenge for some armor for druid and necro on the cheap. Got a Savant's Cap for free, lol.