Everquest - Phinigel server

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You guys saw them pop daily and only got that amount? That is horrible luck unless you woke the sleeper right away. The plus side of sleepers is that it speeds up NtoV which is also daily. We cleared it in 1:20 yesterday and were only a week into gearing.

This is really EQ lite and on ezmode, there is no other way to describe the TLP's.
We had our fill of everything ST offered with exception of the monk robes. Face it, warders really do not have that many items and especially not much for casters. One of the many reasons we woke it was to be able to work on the quest items, which then just got nerfed this last patch and can not be completed anymore. (devs removed quest givers from Skyshrine) So yea, the zone is fairly useless outside of gearing up alts with primals.

As far as EZ mode, we did warn that the nerf bat swung too far after the regen fixes.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
We had our fill of everything ST offered with exception of the monk robes. Face it, warders really do not have that many items and especially not much for casters. One of the many reasons we woke it was to be able to work on the quest items, which then just got nerfed this last patch and can not be completed anymore. (devs removed quest givers from Skyshrine) So yea, the zone is fairly useless outside of gearing up alts with primals.

As far as EZ mode, we did warn that the nerf bat swung too far after the regen fixes.
Were trying to do the nice thing and not wake him so all the smaller guilds can see ST, I mean even Ventani can be done with 14 np.

Splitting is cute but the real amount of loot comes from doing those mobs daily, its a big reason why we allow alts to loot now. Not to mention gearing alts is just making our clear speeds ridiculously fast, i'm betting in a week or two we'll have sub 1 hour NToV clears.

Fulorian

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have no idea the history between AoS and OGC and TL and Citizen or Modest Man or whatever. I'm in OGC and am playing with them here because Dima is a friend of mine from back in the days when this content was new, from being highly involved with the Warrior serverwide community.

What I do know is this: OGC doesn't really care about you. Nobody really cares about you except your own guild. You're running around all the time telling everyone how AoS is awesome, OGC blows, yadda yadda yadda. You're insecure and your fragile ego only survives with believing you're the best - we get it. Clearing 15 year old content is an 'accomplishment' somehow. (Consequently, OGC wiping to the buffed Vyemm during the first week of the expansion with 3 clerics and 40 people online, on what has historically been a non-raiding day, makes OGC 'shitters').

OGC is trying to be a guild that accomplishes interesting things, earns loot for its members, and is a good citizen of the server. Occasionally, that means doing open world content, but there is no innate desire to hurt AoS (with the exception of the outbursts of anger when you go out of your way to harm us).

On the other side of things, for some reason, you seem to have made it your mission to try to 'hurt' OGC by any means possible, and have twisted the motivations of everything we've done. Which is no surprise, because the level of rage you and your guild express whenever ANY other guild does open world - there's this arrogance where you have declared that EVERYTHING open world is yours, and any attempt to utilize that content is an affront to your sovereignty. If you see us mobilizing towards anything open world, you stalk us - which is often hilarious, like the time we were factioning up mages in Kael for Yelinek CoHs and you dropped everything to follow us around, only to find that we weren't in fact raiding something in Kael - or the time you took to the official forums in rage because another guild mobilized to the open world Naggy's lair, and you 'raced' them, only to find out that Nagafen wasn't spawning, and they were testing positioning. And you actually had the gall to get angry at someone for existing in a place.

There's a reason that your own guildmembers generally avoid being seen with their guildtags, and in private admit that their reasoning is that pretty much the entire server will train or grief them on sight because of their tag. You are -detested- by the general population, because you treat the rest of the server like a zero sum game.

On a few occasions, OGC didn't have the numbers online, so we teamed up with another guild and split the look, because we generally don't run over other guilds and try to maintain good relations. The other guild isn't our 'puppets', there is no formal relationship, it was simply a matter of prudence and cooperation that was positive for both parties.

And at the end of the day, we're perfectly content with every guild on this server, including AoS, to succeed - there's no belief that the only way to win is for others to lose, that you seem to have. If our goal in life was to 'beat' you, we would raid 7 days a week, instead of 3.

This little pissing contest between a few AoS and a few OGC is idiotic, ancient drama that maybe a dozen people have any actual involvement in, but somehow hundreds (or thousands) of people who don't know or care any of the parties involved are caught in the middle - including the majority of both guilds, and all rest of the server caught in the middle.

I've been ignoring your propaganda in this thread for six months, but enough is enough - climb out of your own asshole. Here's a mindfuck - maybe BOTH guilds are good. You can't go five feet without talking shit about a group of almost 100 people, in total, of whom you have no personal issues with, or have ever met, 90%. Grow the fuck up.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have no idea the history between AoS and OGC and TL and Citizen or Modest Man or whatever. I'm in OGC and am playing with them here because Dima is a friend of mine from back in the days when this content was new, from being highly involved with the Warrior serverwide community.

What I do know is this: OGC doesn't really care about you. Nobody really cares about you except your own guild. You're running around all the time telling everyone how AoS is awesome, OGC blows, yadda yadda yadda. You're insecure and your fragile ego only survives with believing you're the best - we get it. Clearing 15 year old content is an 'accomplishment' somehow. (Consequently, OGC wiping to the buffed Vyemm during the first week of the expansion with 3 clerics and 40 people online, on what has historically been a non-raiding day, makes OGC 'shitters').

OGC is trying to be a guild that accomplishes interesting things, earns loot for its members, and is a good citizen of the server. Occasionally, that means doing open world content, but there is no innate desire to hurt AoS (with the exception of the outbursts of anger when you go out of your way to harm us).

On the other side of things, for some reason, you seem to have made it your mission to try to 'hurt' OGC by any means possible, and have twisted the motivations of everything we've done. Which is no surprise, because the level of rage you and your guild express whenever ANY other guild does open world - there's this arrogance where you have declared that EVERYTHING open world is yours, and any attempt to utilize that content is an affront to your sovereignty. If you see us mobilizing towards anything open world, you stalk us - which is often hilarious, like the time we were factioning up mages in Kael for Yelinek CoHs and you dropped everything to follow us around, only to find that we weren't in fact raiding something in Kael - or the time you took to the official forums in rage because another guild mobilized to the open world Naggy's lair, and you 'raced' them, only to find out that Nagafen wasn't spawning, and they were testing positioning. And you actually had the gall to get angry at someone for existing in a place.

There's a reason that your own guildmembers generally avoid being seen with their guildtags, and in private admit that their reasoning is that pretty much the entire server will train or grief them on sight because of their tag. You are -detested- by the general population, because you treat the rest of the server like a zero sum game.

On a few occasions, OGC didn't have the numbers online, so we teamed up with another guild and split the look, because we generally don't run over other guilds and try to maintain good relations. The other guild isn't our 'puppets', there is no formal relationship, it was simply a matter of prudence and cooperation that was positive for both parties.

And at the end of the day, we're perfectly content with every guild on this server, including AoS, to succeed - there's no belief that the only way to win is for others to lose, that you seem to have. If our goal in life was to 'beat' you, we would raid 7 days a week, instead of 3.

This little pissing contest between a few AoS and a few OGC is idiotic, ancient drama that maybe a dozen people have any actual involvement in, but somehow hundreds (or thousands) of people who don't know or care any of the parties involved are caught in the middle - including the majority of both guilds, and all rest of the server caught in the middle.

I've been ignoring your propaganda in this thread for six months, but enough is enough - climb out of your own asshole. Here's a mindfuck - maybe BOTH guilds are good. You can't go five feet without talking shit about a group of almost 100 people, in total, of whom you have no personal issues with, or have ever met, 90%. Grow the fuck up.
rrr_img_134883.jpg

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't want to totally dismiss you, as I think you're honest and mean what you say, I just find the whole post a bit odd: you start by saying "Nobody really cares about you except your own guild" and then proceed to just completely contradict it. I had hoped you might give a nice neutral or opposite angle, but instead you took the reverse stance and plunged off the deep end!

Your line about being a "good citizen" is absolutely ridiculous. AOS, for all our bullying or whatever you want to term it, very ACTIVELY does things for the server. Your guild, meanwhile, houses some of the most degenerative players - fulk is the single worst person on Phinny. You cite teaming up with IVAS as an example, but everyone knows this is about countering AOS rather than some deep bond of camaraderie. Which guild has actively helped the rest of the server succeed and which is just in it for themselves? It's rather telling when the conspiracy is that IVAS is your puppet, while our conspiracy is that we have alts in guilds like EOE helping them complete PD and the like. Which guild handed out trak teeth and royals' epic nodrops?

Meanwhile, let's talk incidents. You mention "Naggy" but it was actually Vox - in this case, Sad Dragons moved a full raid to vox' lair while she was in window. Why would anyone NOT think they're poopsocking it? AOS moving in to contest an apparent poopsock is not stalking, its normal behavior to contest the mob dropping arguably the best classic loot. Then, who posted the thread? SD did, not AOS. I wasn't in AOS at the time, but I remember that incident, and it was clearly other people "taking to the official forum" not AOS doing it.

In fact the forums are just littered with OTHER PEOPLE going there to talk about AOS. Stop and look some time at who is starting what threads. Meanwhile, inside said threads, it's a ton of tu quoque because the shit AOS gets accused of is being done worse by others. Stealing a triggered AOW? Your guild actively fucked people's angry goblins; xnedra probably denied a dozen rings to people not just in AOS, and Fulkjoo stealing that particular trigger actually screws people out of serious time (have to redo shady, a nasty contested turn in). Meanwhile the only counter is that apparently dadcop tried to ks it too - the dude is a fucking paladin, he couldn't ks a mage pet.

Take an honest look around. The server is obsessed with AOS; not the other way around. The nasty treatment of OGC is absolutely in part carried over from past servers, but, please realize, if its stuff people are used to from past servers andnothing appears to have changed about Dima and his guildwhy in the world would the expectation and response change let alone give him a fresh start?

AOS is definitely not the nicest and friendlist guild, and we do have some assholes, but at a guild level its certainly one of the most community-oriented top guilds and considerate within reason. Yes, we contest the everliving fuck out of open world, but who doesn't? Yes, Grizvok is mean, he's mean to everyone - he's a lawyer; my bosses are worse. At an individual level I know we have douches and I do realize this, but (more tu quoque) so do you. I'd take the average or median AOS over OGC any day. Sachee is gone, Fulk is not. Does your guild have anyone even half as generous and helpful to randoms as Meko (Tikkle, cabdru on twitch)? No. Your guild is simply far and away more insular.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
lol did that redneck sob ever come back?
No but I still laugh my ass off about that night and him being trashed on Popov Blue.

@Yerm, Fulk as much as he tried really didn't jack rings from us with his bullshit. A big reason we sent backup before popping picks was OGC's autism of stealing peoples spawned mobs from PITA quest turn ins. We expected Dima's guild to be degenerates and try to ruin peoples quests and thankfully we preempted that nonsense.

We get some great recruits from OGC, that last crew of 5 that just made member are awesome, so I can't really say they're all bad. Their biggest complaint was that they were raiding until 1-3am on some raid nights spending 6+ hours in instances and that their loot system was really bad. In AoS we raid much more efficiently and only raid for 1-2 hours to do what people take most of the night to do and we average 3-5x the loot of the instance only guilds.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
No but I still laugh my ass off about that night and him being trashed on Popov Blue.

@Yerm, Fulk as much as he tried really didn't jack rings from us with his bullshit. A big reason we sent backup before popping picks was OGC's autism of stealing peoples spawned mobs from PITA quest turn ins. We expected Dima's guild to be degenerates and try to ruin peoples quests and thankfully we preempted that nonsense.

We get some great recruits from OGC, that last crew of 5 that just made member are awesome, so I can't really say they're all bad. Their biggest complaint was that they were raiding until 1-3am on some raid nights spending 6+ hours in instances and that their loot system was really bad. In AoS we raid much more efficiently and only raid for 1-2 hours to do what people take most of the night to do and we average 3-5x the loot of the instance only guilds.
To be fair, OGC split raids way more than most guilds and that's why our raids take forever. You guys are bigger and to your credit lock down more of open world. To make up for that we do shit like split vulak with 40 people in each raid and the fight takes an hour. Raid nights are long early expansion, I am sure they are longer than normal for you too. Once you settle into the expac a raid night is usually like 4-5hrs.

Split raiding is definitely frustrating at times but it is really what sets OGC apart from the rest of the pack as #2 imo.

The loot system complaint I don't know, we are straight DKP on the vast majority of items with loot council if it goes to a really high bid, and at that point it is basically almost always awarded based on attendance. We do have a higher % attendance cutoff than you guys but I think that is more because we raid on a very set schedule, I can see how someone under that cutoff could get frustrated and they get almost no options to spend dkp on, but every guild needs that cutoff.

As an aside, I kinda hope sleeper gets woken up earlier, the stuff from that zone just is so much better when he wakes up.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
As a purely selfish thing: I have never been in ST before. I never went with my old guild back on E'ci but I would really like to at least go to the zone and kill a warder or two before anything happens. Hell.. I dunno if it blocks the zone off or not after that happens, but would kinda suck to not get to even go again.

As far as any hate goes, I have only been in IV for this server and have been having fun. I have no clue on anything as far as the past goes. I will say I thought it was a bit of a shitty move to jack someone's triggered mob in Kael though (I don't think anyone should take past encounters as validation for their actions seeing as how not everyone in the guild was even around 'back then') . Racing I don't have a problem with as the instances to me are a fun way to see the content anyway, and if you get an open world mob great.. if not oh well. The loot is all going to be out dated eventually anyway. I'm hopefully going to be around this server for a long time. I just dont like all the drama and butthurt.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
As a purely selfish thing: I have never been in ST before. I never went with my old guild back on E'ci but I would really like to at least go to the zone and kill a warder or two before anything happens. Hell.. I dunno if it blocks the zone off or not after that happens, but would kinda suck to not get to even go again.

As far as any hate goes, I have only been in IV for this server and have been having fun. I have no clue on anything as far as the past goes. I will say I thought it was a bit of a shitty move to jack someone's triggered mob in Kael though (I don't think anyone should take past encounters as validation for their actions seeing as how not everyone in the guild was even around 'back then') . Racing I don't have a problem with as the instances to me are a fun way to see the content anyway, and if you get an open world mob great.. if not oh well. The loot is all going to be out dated eventually anyway. I'm hopefully going to be around this server for a long time. I just dont like all the drama and butthurt.
ST just gets better when he wakes up. The current warders are replaced with 'ancients' who are basically exactly like the warders except with re-itemized loot. The current zone really just drops melee items, the woken sleeper version of the zone drops tons of good caster items as well.

You do see a few iconic items drop off the loot tables like sceptre of destruction, monk robe and gnome mask, but it is more than replaced with other great stuff like dwarf mask.

In the original version when he woke up the loot sucked after, primals stopped dropping entirely and it really ruined the zone, but that isn't true anymore.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
What happened to Sachee? Dood generated so much salt during classic.
The 100% honest answer is we asked him to town down his ALPHA aggression by just not sending tells or using public channels which he didn't agree to. The amount of complaints you fielded about him as an officer as you can imagine was purely uncanny, it was just a request to make it easier on our lives is all and he didn't agree with it. Sachee is a great necro and is pretty fun to talk to, hes just wild and an aggressive player which I know all too well as being the same.

@Sleepers Tomb, were not waking the sleeper. We are purposely leaving one up every clear so that every guild can experience the zone in their instances. I promise though the zone is boring AF, its the same ST you remember and it can still be 2 grouped like it was back in the day save for the Final Arbiter. Like Creslin said, the loot in the revamped ST is going to be much more beneficial to a guild, the only thing he left out from old ST is the ENC EE3 mask which helps a ton giving them their offhand slot back. (We've gotten one EE3 mask though)

@Creslin, do you mean the instance only guilds? I'm just making sure it isn't an autism statement like Fulk's spam tells about getting good. That poor simpleton doesn't realize we split shit along with the open world. It makes me wonder if in that guys mind he thinks a fully slowed joke of a mob is difficult or something for him?

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
@Creslin, do you mean the instance only guilds? I'm just making sure it isn't an autism statement like Fulk's spam tells about getting good. That poor simpleton doesn't realize we split shit along with the open world. It makes me wonder if in that guys mind he thinks a fully slowed joke of a mob is difficult or something for him?
Yes instance only, I think OGC is clearly the second best guild on the server and I meant the aggressive splitting is what sets us apart from 2-5 or however many have killed AOW at this point. We might not be able to contest you in open world but we still push really hard to get the max amount out of our raid groups and challenge ourselves.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes instance only, I think OGC is clearly the second best guild on the server and I meant the aggressive splitting is what sets us apart from 2-5 or however many have killed AOW at this point. We might not be able to contest you in open world but we still push really hard to get the max amount out of our raid groups and challenge ourselves.
Wow you're right, a lot of guild have done AoW in week 1 and it seems like Vulak as well. I just looked at that Phinny tracker website. I would imagine all of the small guilds could easily do Tunare as well.

Resolute also cleared the open world warders we left up, we thought maybe they were going to pull the trigger but thankfully they are also playing nice. We're also leaving most of the first brood dragons up in the open world which surprisingly have been left up for long periods of time. We figured it would allow more of the instance guilds to get into ST much easier but people need to take those mobs down.