Everquest - Phinigel server

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Wow you're right, a lot of guild have done AoW in week 1 and it seems like Vulak as well. I just looked at that Phinny tracker website. I would imagine all of the small guilds could easily do Tunare as well.

Resolute also cleared the open world warders we left up, we thought maybe they were going to pull the trigger but thankfully they are also playing nice. We're also leaving most of the first brood dragons up in the open world which surprisingly have been left up for long periods of time. We figured it would allow more of the instance guilds to get into ST much easier but people need to take those mobs down.
I doubt anyone wants to be a dbag who wakes sleeper up on week 2. I do wonder if it will make it all the way to the target date you guys gave or if someone will wake it up early to claim they were the guild that did it.

Sleepers keys don't seem to really be that big a bottleneck. I think we have 50 or so now, with maybe 10-15 of those coming from open world. They don't seem like any more of a bottleneck than trak teeth, I suspect by the end of June pretty much all the raid guilds will be giving them to alts.

Fulorian

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't want to totally dismiss you, as I think you're honest and mean what you say, I just find the whole post a bit odd: you start by saying "Nobody really cares about you except your own guild" and then proceed to just completely contradict it. I had hoped you might give a nice neutral or opposite angle, but instead you took the reverse stance and plunged off the deep end!
Maybe you're right, the phrasing was contradictory. I'll rephrase: nobody is impressed by your accomplishments, other than yourself. I'm impressed with a lot of what OGC has done, as well as many other guilds on this server, but if you can't do it with dignity, nobody will respect you. And I believe that is the perspective many others have. What I do 'care' about, in regards to AoS, is the way you treat others.

Don't pretend that your sole 'gift' to the server, the Trakanon teeth keys, were anything other than a transparent attempt to push OGC down the rankings by creating a bigger VP key cockblock. If it was a public service, you would have given out keys indiscriminately, instead of specifically picking the guilds you thought were the most immediate threat. It didn't make any difference, but the motivations were plainly obvious.

I never experienced anything with Sachee, so I can't comment there. I've never heard any complaints about anyone in OGC doing what you're saying other than Fulk and Xnedra, and those have only come from AoS members themselves. Fulk has denied ever doing any of what you've claimed, and I've never seen any proof of such, but let's say I accept what you've said - at worst, they're stuck in the exact same hateful cycle as you guys, and are perpetuating the same cycle of hatred. I can't justify or defend that, but I can say that it isn't indiscriminate if true, and it isn't representative of others.

At the end of the day, I have no issues with the majority of your guildmates. I just detest the leadership that uses old, meaningless grudges to justify a shitty attitude and shitty actions to the entire server, and particularly to my guild, consisting almost entirely of people who have never wronged them in any way. I'm not going to pretend every member of my guild is innocent of such, but the general attitude is that we just want to play and enjoy the game without interference from you.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maybe you're right, the phrasing was contradictory. I'll rephrase: nobody is impressed by your accomplishments, other than yourself. I'm impressed with a lot of what OGC has done, as well as many other guilds on this server, but if you can't do it with dignity, nobody will respect you. And I believe that is the perspective many others have. What I do 'care' about, in regards to AoS, is the way you treat others.

Don't pretend that your sole 'gift' to the server, the Trakanon teeth keys, were anything other than a transparent attempt to push OGC down the rankings by creating a bigger VP key cockblock. If it was a public service, you would have given out keys indiscriminately, instead of specifically picking the guilds you thought were the most immediate threat. It didn't make any difference, but the motivations were plainly obvious.

I never experienced anything with Sachee, so I can't comment there. I've never heard any complaints about anyone in OGC doing what you're saying other than Fulk and Xnedra, and those have only come from AoS members themselves. Fulk has denied ever doing any of what you've claimed, and I've never seen any proof of such, but let's say I accept what you've said - at worst, they're stuck in the exact same hateful cycle as you guys, and are perpetuating the same cycle of hatred. I can't justify or defend that, but I can say that it isn't indiscriminate if true, and it isn't representative of others.

At the end of the day, I have no issues with the majority of your guildmates. I just detest the leadership that uses old, meaningless grudges to justify a shitty attitude and shitty actions to the entire server, and particularly to my guild, consisting almost entirely of people who have never wronged them in any way. I'm not going to pretend every member of my guild is innocent of such, but the general attitude is that we just want to play and enjoy the game without interference from you.
Well OGC trains, steals quest mobs during the kunark release and you want us to include you in free key handouts? Are you really such a fucking moron that it needs to be explained to you? Then you come off defending Fulk or acting like he doesnt do it just lends more validity to argument you are the dumpster of the server and a clown.

A lot of us have experienced Dimas bullshit since live 17 years ago, it's cool your on his nut sack drinking the kool aid but don't try to spread it to normal people like anyone gives a fuck or believes it.

rad

Lord of Guk
Pretty funny he's not even aware of Dima's comments prior to launch and them owning the server. But hey, when things don't work out the way you plan, recreate the narrative!

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
This much drama on an instanced (LOL) EQ server?

What exactly is anyone competing for?
There's really nothing to compete for, its all instanced. The open world stuff is a bonus, it spawns everyday just about. These TLPs though have out of era items, focus effects, buffed AC, buffed pets, its really all very very easy compared to classic EQ.

@Rad dont bring up the bragging and boasting bruh, youre gonna get autism'd.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
This thread delivers consistent butthurt every few months, EVE thread delivers grand, epic scale butthurt every few years. Both are games I will never play again but will read about, keep it up bros.

Fulorian

Golden Knight of the Realm

That's the funny thing. It really shouldn't have all this drama, and that's why I'm playing on this server, and never in a thousand years would play on Lockjaw or Ragefire. I just don't have the energy for that at this stage in my life. This whole thing is meant to be an amicable stroll down memory lane, but for some reason some testosterone-fueled powergamers think that they have to prove that they're 'hardcore' and create it. I don't get it, but some people just feel the need to be competitive in everything they do.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Indeed Ful. The direct antagonism makes no sense to me "post results - the end" should be the limit of that, some light sportsmanlike trash talking but that's about the limit that feels appropriate. Some people demand things go into a dark place it seems though.

Shame, really.

(And yes, I'm on hiatus for a bit ATM - RL keeps kicking me and the stress of keeping up with early Velious would probably run me ragged - so taking a few weeks off [was planning to come back Thursday, but had a death in the family on Memorial Day that is no doubt going to add some additional delay...])

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Here is a taste of the TLP experience when we beat a guild to CT. This is one of the main leaders of the Phinigel Autism Force to be fair though.

rrr_img_134900.png

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Dealing with Dima was some of the most fun I've ever had in eq. He's definitely scum though and cancer to be around but he's not your typical brand of classic eq autismo.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dealing with Dima was some of the most fun I've ever had in eq. He's definitely scum though and cancer to be around but he's not your typical brand of classic eq autismo.
You still in MiM? I haven't seen you around in minute

Zaide

TLP Idealist
You still in MiM? I haven't seen you around in minute
Technically no. I went afk for a while waiting for Velious, went to return the day it dropped early and my account had been jacked. Long story short, that account is probably toast.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Fulk was pretty cool in TL on fippy, guess this time he just wants to go balls to the wall =P

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Technically no. I went afk for a while waiting for Velious, went to return the day it dropped early and my account had been jacked. Long story short, that account is probably toast.
Ugh. Lame. Guessing either too many people with access to figure it out and/or random jacking? =/

Is laughable honestly. There's never been a server in EQ history with this many in era raid guilds before. There's like a gazillion epics on the server.

Seriously. Anybody whipping their epeen around about Phinigel is a tool.

Fuck. I got my epic on my druid, and got bored with the game during Kunark. I'm just fucking around on a Monk now for shits and giggles here and there, and he's already 47.

This server is serious ezmode. But, don't get me wrong. That's is best selling point. There's no reason for a seventeen year old game to be hard.