Everquest - Phinigel server

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Added another to the list that just popped up on EQLive - Deja Vulak.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Going to be lawling when someone creates all these guilds on other servers the day before launch.

Vaclav

Looks like from the Guild Recruitment forum on EQLive that it's about 2/3 instance only guilds. (Or one's like IV that are "absolutely scheduled raids only - but we'll do open world if the stars align with raid times")

So there absolutely should be some options as a non-batphone person - I went with <In Virtue> as my choice, but there's others as well - depending on your schedule and the people/loot systems you like another may be a better fit.

Non-batphone guilds I see onGuild Recruitmentare:
Broken Wave
In Virtue
CrossGuard
Unnamed Dojii Guild(It's Dojii so may want to check Apokolypsis or whatever the spelling was history - I'm dubious)
REMOVED - Merged with CrossGuard for Phinigel
Magus Imperialis Magicus[Unsure batphone or not at all - I'd tend to think MiM will go non-batphone but it's a coin flip - great people regardless though]
Disciples of the Void[Unsure - but EU]
Deja Vulak
Valoran(No Recruitment Forums thread - responded to a request from some people in the mindset with direct link only - will update with GR one if they make one that I notice)

Now, again, I'd suggest IV - they're a good solid group that have posted great results in the past for what will amount to the first 2 years or so of the server - but different guilds appeal to different folks.
Bump for 'non-batphone' list update. IV is at the point we're slowing recruitment - I'd still recommend IV - but might be hard to get in at this point. (I'm not recruitment or anything - just spreading the word - so I can't do any special favors getting people in)

nate_sl

shitlord
I am going to be rushing to 50 at launch, especially playing a lot right at launch and the first week... going ench/war/cleric, need dps bros. Going to do basically 10-50 in guk. I will update with my character names once server is live.

If anyone is going to play DPS and be playing a lot right at launch, let me know and we'll sock together. I do have to work a bit on Thursday, but otherwise I'll be socking Wedn - Sunday. Would like to be 35+ come Monday, 40+ even better.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I am going to be rushing to 50 at launch, especially playing a lot right at launch and the first week... going ench/war/cleric, need dps bros. Going to do basically 10-50 in guk. I will update with my character names once server is live.

If anyone is going to play DPS and be playing a lot right at launch, let me know and we'll sock together. I do have to work a bit on Thursday, but otherwise I'll be socking Wedn - Sunday. Would like to be 35+ come Monday, 40+ even better.
Even with a standard group composition (not three mages for dps) you'll be 50 by Saturday night if you're really socking it and have a solid group that doesn't bail. If you end up with mages and really go hard you could do it by Friday afternoon.

nate_sl

shitlord
Even with a standard group composition (not three mages for dps) you'll be 50 by Saturday night if you're really socking it and have a solid group that doesn't bail. If you end up with mages and really go hard you could do it by Friday afternoon.
We'll see
smile.png
. Come on mage bros get your socks out.

Sterling

El Presidente
We'll see
smile.png
. Come on mage bros get your socks out.
I'm rolling a Wizard. Will be a gnome, my only issue really would likely be getting spells, but I could just do that in Freeport I guess. Was going to eventually box but I have no idea what I want to box and I'll probably end up waiting to do that till later anyways.

Vaclav

You see there's a "change to pet power curve til Luclin" on Test for TLP? And loads of other pet tweaks.

Pets getting reduced base DPS as part of that seems possible. But it's not technically enabled for testing to know for sure.

Sterling

El Presidente
You see there's a "change to pet power curve til Luclin" on Test for TLP? And loads of other pet tweaks.

Pets getting reduced base DPS as part of that seems possible. But it's not technically enabled for testing to know for sure.
Doubt that they're adjusting pet DPS more. They already do shit DPS on raids currently, the issue was pet walling.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I did see that. Pets can now tank over players in group content, but "raid mobs" will now attribute hate generated by pets to the pet owner instead. If DBG did this change in a non retarded way then pet walling is over. Pets may be more effective in the group game however.

Sterling

El Presidente
I did see that. Pets can now tank over players in group content, but "raid mobs" will now attribute hate generated by pets to the pet owner instead. If DBG did this change in a non retarded way then pet walling is over. Pets may be more effective in the group game however.
Both of which are generally good changes if true. Wonder if this ends up meaning some of the raid content takes a minor melee dps nerf.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It's a bonus for melee as well. Particularly non-tanks or any groups without a dedicated healer.

Generally, a group with 2-3 pet classes mow through everything and don't even need heals with their crazy regen. Any class that requires melee range screws that all up

Vaclav

Doubt that they're adjusting pet DPS more. They already do shit DPS on raids currently, the issue was pet walling.
Right, but that's handled via the aggro adjustment. Their heinous DPS as discussed still functions nonraid.

Only adjustments in there IMPROVE them for grouping - seems sensible for them to have some counterbalance.

It is Daybreak though and it's vague so it's a coin toss. Making my choice to box a mage on the fence though. ENC animation sounds badass for a pulling ENC.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Are spells locked behind expansions on these servers? Or can rangers get panic animal in classic?

Vaclav

Are spells locked behind expansions on these servers? Or can rangers get panic animal in classic?
Depends on the spell, adjusted levels are all normal - I believe I was able to get Panic Animal on mine during Classic.

But spells that were added with an expac (like the L1 specialty spells for each hybrid) aren't in Classic.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
If panic animal is in I'll boot up a ranger for super casual solo fun. I wonder if you can get to 50 off fear kiting in classic zones.

nate_sl

shitlord
If panic animal is in I'll boot up a ranger for super casual solo fun. I wonder if you can get to 50 off fear kiting in classic zones.
Im just not really sure where you'd do much past 40. I guess you could do the Bears in permafrost?