Everquest - Phinigel server

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
We're still on Lockjaw, for as long as the server is alive anyway. Phinny hurt pretty bad, like under 400 total online at peak times since it's launch, but we'll see how long that lasts.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Since then they have buffed all raid bosses, given a stacking debuff to pets versus raid targets that is pretty savage, and then just now they nerfed pets again and set it so their threat was transfered to the owner. No one is going to be killing shit for a couple of days.

The amount of people on the official forums that are saying they are happy with the exp rate is maddening. I wish I could give each one of them a phone call when they stop logging in and ask them where they went. Wasn't this just what you said you wanted?
It really is hilarious how dumb they are

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I really don't understand the white knighting that goes on with Everquest forums. What causes this fucking bizarre behavior?
I really have never understood it, it happens in like every game tho, its gotta be just a really pathetic subset of the population who wants to be smiled on by the authority so badly that they will cheer for anything. Kinda like poor rural fiscal republicans in real life.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
rrr_img_119611.jpg

Rallos me will defend Oggok no matter da price!

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Koalindl quest in Qeynos can do L1-5 in around 20-30 min from what a friend was quoting. Just food for thought.
Ya apparently exp from quests are on par with exp from quest on ragefire/lockjaw aka they only nerfed xp from kills not quests.

they also now have detection for isboxer. if you log in with just one account under innerspace/isboxer you will get disconnected after 30 seconds.

I also love how theres now a sticky for guide support on all three TLP servers, I remember how they unstickied the guide support thread after they showed they couldnt enforce the rotations... now we should take them seriously as if the guides wont disappear when the newness wears off.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Koalindl quest in Qeynos can do L1-5 in around 20-30 min from what a friend was quoting. Just food for thought.
That's all well and good, but the list of quests you can grind for xp ends at the low teens. From there it's welcome to 90 minutes of chain pulling in lavastorm per level.

I can't imagine them not changing this, it's going to absolutely murder this server.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I see a lot of people complaining about the exp but I guess I sort of expected it. It's obviously way worse than Ragefire though (I honestly can't even remember, didn't play long) because people are shitting bricks about it. I'm just under 7 hours in at level 6 and some change. Guessing it slows pretty heavily in the teens?

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Pet changes are just really dramatic all the sudden after 17 yrs.
Reminds me of the day they killed live by mega nerfing head shot / death touch etc - I've never even played a Ranger or an SK but they change such deep rooted systems as that after all these years they are just killing their heritage.

I really don't understand the white knighting that goes on with Everquest forums. What causes this fucking bizarre behavior?
It's stunning that after all these years they still pay attention to the small but loud minority on the official forums and give them weight when they make major decisions.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Honestly, sounds like classic experience. I remember playing for 10 hours straight one day in August 2000, just trying to level from 8 to 9 so I could get my first set of spells.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
People keep pulling out that "lol this isn't even as bad as classic, l2p", but honestly? This might actually be as bad as classic. It certainly feels about the same as p99, and they've got it pretty close to classic if not exact.

Put in some more time in Befallen today (largest ZEM in the game) at level 14. Full group down in the basement area. Blues were like 3-5 mobs for 1%, yellows were 1-2 for 1%. At level 14. Ain't no one got time for that kind of shit.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Honestly, sounds like classic experience. I remember playing for 10 hours straight one day in August 2000, just trying to level from 8 to 9 so I could get my first set of spells.
Right.. but the majority of EQ players back in 2000 were like.. 12-30ish? tolerance in a day to day life is vastly different considering how common the ol' interweb is comparing now to 1999 lol. Nobody has or wants to dedicate that kind of time compared to when you're 12; then and you're suddenly 28, or 30 and suddenly almost 50 fucking years old.

Can you even fathom the tolerance a 30 year old has for a game and them BAM suddenly a server comes out and you're 40 fucking 6 years old?

I'm also incredibly drunk but holy shit.. that's something i never actually thought about lol

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What these exp rates do is force everyone into the most efficient patterns because any other use of our time is fucking pointless. Last night I ran to Qeynos to work on some faction, do some quests, kill some bandits, etc and it was going pretty good. I locked down a bandit farm myself and the sashes were rolling in. Two hours in I had gotten about 35% exp. At level 13. WK had five people in it.

Ooooookay. Message received. Either you efficiently grind in a full group or you go nowhere.

And can you imagine fucking rolling alts on this server?