Everquest - Phinigel server

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I hear yeah. I planned to level an alt this weekend but never really could get going on one.

Can't decide what to do next. Got a 9 Pally, 13 SK, 8 wizard, 11 druid, 14 monk, 16 enchanter, and 9 shaman.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
1 rogue, 6 bard, 4 ranger, 6 wizard, 20 cleric, 7 necromancer, 11 enchanter, 34 paladin, 3 shaman, 5 mage, and I'm out of slots!
biggrin.png

Needless

Toe Sucker
I only made a monk, got him a DE mask and jboots now hell sit at 17 until i can race change him come kunark lol

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
My monk has a mask which I was thrilled to get. She's got full Wu's and pretty good weapons. But then I remembered I don't want to be a puller for a lazy ass group all the time. I also got my pally a Ghoulbane yesterday.

Probably end up going with the wizard since that's what I played on LJ but was thinking a change of pace would be nice. Shaman or druid sounds good for doing some plvling later.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Got cleric to 46, now gotta get the enchant and shaman to 46+ (both are 20).

Going to TRY and get all max 50 before kunark. Odds looking not great right now.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Screeny and long winded story time!

Started off in qcat fighting those factionless frogs while doing some work, then went to Blackburrow and pulled for a group. I don't think I've ever done the puller/tanker role and I discovered that I don't blink. After a few hours my eyeballs were all dried out.

rrr_img_124720.jpg

Went to Unrest after and did 5 levels just mass pulling everything around the house. We had outside damage shield help so it went fairly fast. Then with most of us around 15 I talked everyone into going to Cazic. The Unrest yard was getting green. It was a hard sell as a few of the groupies had never been there and didn't know where it was etc. Sentinels were really tough, but we did good on defenders and warders. Despite getting trainsmashed a few times we got 5 levels really quickly.

rrr_img_124721.jpg

At this point I had invisibility vs undead and decided to see if any assassin groups would take pity on me. The derpy dwarf hit noises were really driving me nuts. After /picking through I found a group that was just leaving and kind of hung out there for a couple hours. Eventually this really nice 3 person group showed up and the mask dropped in like 5 minutes and they gave it to me. Was super lucky and cool.

After that I ran down to NeriakC and got my faction good with darkelves. When buying more wine I aggrod a guard and ended up stuck at the zoneline in B with not quite enough faction from my original turnins. I was asking for an invis in ooc and a guy showed up and handed me 5 cloudy potions. That was like a fortune to me haha. It ended up saving the day later.

From there I went to guk and ran around just /picking and seeing what was up. I hadn't killed any guk frogs yet so could explore. I ran across a mage and warrior down by the mushrooms and they just randomly invited me and wanted to go get me a ghoulbane out of nowhere. Had never met them or anything and it was just like "hey lets go get you a ghoulbane!" ok!

rrr_img_124723.jpg

I think we saw 2 spawns of the lord with no sword in about 4 or 5 hours. Then most of the group had to bail for the night, but the boxed warrior and cleric and me decided to stay for one more spawn. I pulled bad and we had a tough fight when the room repopped. The lord spawned with a ghoulbane and just wrecked us. That proc is really nasty.

Right before I die I see a monk peeking in and I'm thinking the sword will probably be gone by the time I get back. Luckily I had those cloudy potions that nice fellow gave me and I made it back down there and started trying to find someone to help me out. Our hero Roknok was on his way to help me, because he is awesome, then the monk in the area finally started talking to me. The monk had a 50 druid boxed so we were able to take it out. Farewell fine steel two handed sword!

Then it was off to Unrest. I had never been upstairs and got to see it all pulling. Someone in the group popped an xp potion for the whole group and another person had a damage shielder outside the group, so the levels went by fast. Couldn't really find enough to pull.

rrr_img_124728.jpg

Then it was back to deadites in guk. We only saw one assassin in around 6ish hours I guess?

rrr_img_124729.jpg

TLDR Phin people are really nice!

Noahx

N00b
What is up with so many people saying AIDS on this server... I mean, that's part of classic chat i'd like to see not come back.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Then it was back to deadites in guk. We only saw one assassin in around 6ish hours I guess?
Probably just bad luck, but I was getting dramatically fewer assassin spawns than I did on Ragefire.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i've been two boxing a bit on here. Paladin / Druid. still not taking TLP too seriously, but this server is starting to look like it actually will be a pretty cool place to call home. been tooling around Blackburrow, Madriax and Rivea are my characters, hit me up if you see me.
smile.png

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Probably just bad luck, but I was getting dramatically fewer assassin spawns than I did on Ragefire.
I noticed that, too. They have a setting they can toggle to increase/decrease rares so I'm willing to bet it's set low just like the exp.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I hear yeah. I planned to level an alt this weekend but never really could get going on one.

Can't decide what to do next. Got a 9 Pally, 13 SK, 8 wizard, 11 druid, 14 monk, 16 enchanter, and 9 shaman.
1 rogue, 6 bard, 4 ranger, 6 wizard, 20 cleric, 7 necromancer, 11 enchanter, 34 paladin, 3 shaman, 5 mage, and I'm out of slots!
Damn you guys, focus on a couple! Got my shaman to 35 over the weekend and I'm getting used to boxing him with my chanter. Pocket malo for charming is fantastic.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I noticed that, too. They have a setting they can toggle to increase/decrease rares so I'm willing to bet it's set low just like the exp.
Unless they've quoted something differently recently the "rare flag" stuff only applies to things in TSS+ they didn't think to create the flag until then and had never gone back through older content to flag the stuff for it. So unless that changed, can't happen that way.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
So south ro ancient cyclops... I was thinking 10 hour repop on the placeholders, but just killed the wandering dervish at 11am, and it spawned at 7pm instead of the 9pm I expected. Is it 8 hours now or is there some variance to it?