Everquest - Phinigel server

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
I would think an hour+ aow fight (if even possible if the regen is a % of mobs hp) would be impossible due to inevitable 1 rounding of tanks throughout the fight and not having defensive up for the switch unless you have literally 2 groups of fully geared warriors and god forbid the ch rot not switching perfectly taking out half of them.

Loss of dps from necros twitching and you're dipping into possibly not enough dps to fight through regen with 1/5th the raid being tanks and clerics.

This shit is dumb. Feel bad for guilds that don't run with 90 man zergs. Luclin would basically end tlp servers if this is going to continue.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haha yeah I FD'd over night so I could get the timer via logs. Is he 24 hours or is there a window?
That's how I got my Shady Goblin with FD and scan through logs for the kill time. Get the timer and it is 24H +/- variance.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would think an hour+ aow fight (if even possible if the regen is a % of mobs hp) would be impossible due to inevitable 1 rounding of tanks throughout the fight and not having defensive up for the switch unless you have literally 2 groups of fully geared warriors and god forbid the ch rot not switching perfectly taking out half of them.

Loss of dps from necros twitching and you're dipping into possibly not enough dps to fight through regen with 1/5th the raid being tanks and clerics.

This shit is dumb. Feel bad for guilds that don't run with 90 man zergs. Luclin would basically end tlp servers if this is going to continue.
I think the issue is that they announced that mobs would now regen at a much higher rate if NOT engaged. I believe they have it active 100% of the time right now and it needs to be patched. As you pointed out, there is no raid force that would have the clerics and warriors necessary, not even counting the DPS. It's just flat broken right now.

The bigger issue is that this would kill any server long term. You need a rock solid raid force for even the most trivial of raid mobs. With TLP burnout rates, no one wants to require 50-60 man+ Vindi raids months down the road for the average guild. Never mind whatever is necessary for the end-game targets.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Call in reinforcements to spawn instances. Shady and Angry will pop on a new instance. Far easier than the 3 day +/- variable shitfest camp for Angry.
they arent that long here, lol, i cant remember but i think on ragefire it was 11ish hours, same with zordak etc. or you're saying u actually got the timer and he popped 24 hours later? i know it wasnt that long on ragefire hmm.

[Mon Mar 21 22:26:28 2016] a shady goblin gapes at the note in puzzlement, obviously a bit concerned by it. The courier looks at the note for more than a minute, then looks at you, and back at the note. 'Errm... welp, dunno what to make of the note. If I know the right of it, Skargus finally got him some girly to do his writin' for him. Ooooh I bet she a tasty one, graarr. If I was warlord I know I'd have me a girly too. Gah, take this report and get outta my sight.

i mean if hes right that its 24 hours then it'll spawn tonight but im pretty sure its 11-12 but ive heard angry goblin is longer

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I personally camped Angry on Ragefire for 17+ hours, as did many other guild mates without any luck. His normal spawn rate was 3 days +/- variance. Honestly no idea what the final timer is, but it is far too long. We just popped instances after every Gorenaire raid from there out. We usually killed Gore at BW zone line, so we'd just pop the raid force into FM afterward quickly to spawn it.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounds like Ragefire is the new test server. Yuck..
The stupid thing was, they put some of these mobs on test server for the last 2 or 3 weeks. They should have made a forced instance to test these targets though, because any swinging dick solo level 100+ whatever would just come through out of curiosity and wipe everything out of open zones. No one could realistically test a damn thing. I want to say I was shocked at DBG incompetence, but we all know this is just becoming the status quo.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The stupid thing was, they put some of these mobs on test server for the last 2 or 3 weeks. They should have made a forced instance to test these targets though, because any swinging dick solo level 100+ whatever would just come through out of curiosity and wipe everything out of open zones. No one could realistically test a damn thing. I want to say I was shocked at DBG incompetence, but we all know this is just becoming the status quo.
That sucks they didn't make agents of change for those mobs, we at least got to use those on test since like you mentioned everything is killed by level 100's.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Lol that sucks

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Makes me very sad.
Just seems they are declining quickly in terms of competence and quality. It's a shame that such a beloved game is going down the crapper. It doesn't deserve that...

It's almost as sad as the Quest for Glory co-creators and their recent Kickstarter. What is wrong with people?!

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The same people responsible for ruining EverQuest for the last decade arereallyruining it now?! Gasp.

Emu or bust now.

Herv_sl

shitlord
I think the issue is that they announced that mobs would now regen at a much higher rate if NOT engaged. I believe they have it active 100% of the time right now and it needs to be patched. As you pointed out, there is no raid force that would have the clerics and warriors necessary, not even counting the DPS. It's just flat broken right now.

The bigger issue is that this would kill any server long term. You need a rock solid raid force for even the most trivial of raid mobs. With TLP burnout rates, no one wants to require 50-60 man+ Vindi raids months down the road for the average guild. Never mind whatever is necessary for the end-game targets.
Going to have to go with the RZ Sleeper strat if they don't fix it. 40 wars rollin for their BoC.