Everquest - Phinigel server

Rathmort_sl

shitlord
Just trolls. You can send item links xserver. Nagafen hasn't died yet on Phin.
Ok, good to know

Hah, I wonder if anyone is actually paying 2 krono for a BABS
This guyhttp://www.twitch.tv/cabdruhas sold quite a few BABS for 2 and just sold a BAM for 4. He's made 18 krono in the last two days.

EDIT: 2x rare spawn and faction increase just popped up on my screen :O More loot = more people buying kronos to trade for items. DBG going hard on this one.

As we head into the holiday, 15 Days of Holiday Cheer returns to Norrath!

This starts with bonus faction and bonus rare spawns for ALL servers! This will start at 12:01AM PST on Saturday, December 12, and run through 11:59PM PST on Monday, December 14, 2015.

Monday, December 14, 2015 we'll also be starting a 50% OFF sale on Legends of Norrath booster packs. This sale will run for two days, and will end at 11:59PM PST on Tuesday, December 15, 2015.

Note: LON loot items can NOT be claimed on progression servers at this time, and will be added to those servers when that content was made available in the live game.

Check back next week, because there will be additional promotions available to EverQuest players!
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...dec-14.229237/

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
This company is completely inept. If they did a holiday xp bonus people would buy up xp potions like crazy to take advantage.

Sterling

El Presidente
Is there a better writeup on spell research than EQTraders? It's something I'm considering doing on my wizard but it looks like a pain.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Ok, good to know

This guyhttp://www.twitch.tv/cabdruhas sold quite a few BABS for 2 and just sold a BAM for 4. He's made 18 krono in the last two days.

EDIT: 2x rare spawn and faction increase just popped up on my screen :O More loot = more people buying kronos to trade for items. DBG going hard on this one.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...dec-14.229237/
The faction/rare spawn buffs have never applied to progression servers, and neither is this one.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The faction/rare spawn buffs have never applied to progression servers, and neither is this one.
Technically speaking it does once they're TSS+ - until TSS the "rare named" flag doesn't exist for spawns. So while it's doubling those named, none exist in the expansions we'll have for years.

Siddar

i like the xp rate, but i realize its too hardcore for most. 32 now with 60 hours put in.
Two hours per level seems to be the average, if you're not fucking around. That is a 100 hours of solid grouping time to fifty with a group that knows how to grind.

I can't decide if that is a good or bad. But I plan on being long gone before Kunark opens.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
My thoughts on the server:

Overall it's really good and shaping up to be the best tlp server by a mile. There are a few issues, but the pros far outweigh the cons.

Pros-

Slow exp rates
No glaring exploits left in
No macroquest
No isboxer
Instanced raiding
Contested open world raiding
Pickzones
Most classic feel of any server

Cons-

Not telling people about slow exp rates
Allowing krono, ruining economy
Three month unlocks, while good in general, will be fast for casual at this exp rate
Cash grab on exp potions and bags
Pet nerf is decent, but the taunting is ridiculously poor

So far it's been great. No obvious cheating or bypass of boxing checks. People are actually boxing and not softwaring. Exp rates are slow and wonderful. I've taken plenty of breaks and I'm level 36. I think people are confusing too slow exp with sucking at the game.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I've taken plenty of breaks and I'm level 36. I think people are confusing too slow exp with sucking at the game.
You are a fucking liar.

At least an hour a level in a decent group puts you at 9 hours a day for the last 4 days. That's a full time job.

Your confusing sucking at the game with having a normal life.

You either have no job or no life.

Everquest has and apparently always will be a contest for who can spend the most waking hours online.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
You just have to understand he's the kind of guy that was sneaking EQ at work and putting it over his family at home. It's just normal game time for the "non noobs".

Assuming he isn't full of crap and on welfare which is more likely.

Crone

How is the class spread shaping up? Lack of tanks and healers, abundance of "soloers"? I thought about making a Druid, for the convenience of ports, and later on the ability to PL, but without being able to box, there's not a lot of point in PLing. Might make it anyway... but ... not sure. Other options I was thinking was enchanter or SK. Grouping situation pretty good?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If you like slower exp that's fine. If you want everyone to have slower exp you're an asshole.

All these shitty rates do is force people into the most efficient paths along the best zones. The whole rest of the server is empty. I hope your classic experience doesn't involve killing in South Karana because there's no one there. Lake Rathe? Maybe one group. WK? Couple people running through. Rathe Mountains? One person in the zone. You aren't fucking good at the game because you are willing to sit in Befallen/Unrest/Lavastorm/Guk/OOT and grind your ass off.

Sure, if you sit and chain pull at a good location in a good zone and you do that for hours on end you can knock down a level in two or three hours.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This server fucking sucks, don't lie to yourself. If you can't find anything better to do with your time than play on this abortion your life is boring as fuck. Level 6 and I was fucking done. DBG is filled with awful decision makers.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sent a tell asking Chanur if he was interested in the Book of Mormon.

Chanur is offline.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Here come the negs boys! Time to rip up some terrible players.

You are a fucking liar.

At least an hour a level in a decent group puts you at 9 hours a day for the last 4 days. That's a full time job.

Your confusing sucking at the game with having a normal life.

You either have no job or no life.

Everquest has and apparently always will be a contest for who can spend the most waking hours online.
Like most hardcore players, I took time off work for launch week. I will not be playing 9 hours a day after this week for multiple reasons, not enjoying playing that much, work, family. I'm not confusing anything, there are people posting on the forums that they have 10 hours played and are level 4. Sorry you suck bro... I have both a normal job and life, both better than yours I'm sure. Everquest is absolutely about playtime, no one has ever said otherwise. It's leaders and cannon fodder with high playtime, you don't seem to be either so you're just Krono sales for me.

You just have to understand he's the kind of guy that was sneaking EQ at work and putting it over his family at home. It's just normal game time for the "non noobs".

Assuming he isn't full of crap and on welfare which is more likely.
I "sneak" EQ at work when we are not busy, I never neglect my job. I don't neglect my family either, everyone here loves me very much thank you. I've never collected a thing from the government. I paid my own way through college, buy my own food, pay my own bills and pay my taxes so scum can collect free things.

If you like slower exp that's fine. If you want everyone to have slower exp you're an asshole.

All these shitty rates do is force people into the most efficient paths along the best zones. The whole rest of the server is empty. I hope your classic experience doesn't involve killing in South Karana because there's no one there. Lake Rathe? Maybe one group. WK? Couple people running through. Rathe Mountains? One person in the zone. You aren't fucking good at the game because you are willing to sit in Befallen/Unrest/Lavastorm/Guk/OOT and grind your ass off.

Sure, if you sit and chain pull at a good location in a good zone and you do that for hours on end you can knock down a level in two or three hours.
The server is far from empty, do you even play? The noob zones are still jammed packed, the popular areas have 3-4 pickzones. Keep in mind that there are not box armies so the overall numbers are less, but these are almost all real players.

The people that are upset are upset because they are getting blown away by other players. They feel helpless and inadequate, which they prob are.

This server fucking sucks, don't lie to yourself. If you can't find anything better to do with your time than play on this abortion your life is boring as fuck. Level 6 and I was fucking done. DBG is filled with awful decision makers.
You attempted this server which means you wanted to play this boring shit. The exp rates are slow, but if people stopped worrying about what better players did and just played the game for fun, it is a game after all, they would be fine. LOL @ level 6.

Vaclav

3.5 levels in 4 hrs thus far today... L19 to 22.5.

And with plenty of pauses because pulls got long and our group didn't have SoW....

Sure, Lavastorm has a great ZEM - but still.