Everquest - Phinigel server

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Is Phinigel as a server select option only viewable when your account is flagged as all access/membership?

I'm currently free to play and don't see it on the server select list. I assume this is the reason but I wanted to ask to make sure.
Need to be subbed to see it.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Decided to roll up a Druid to start. Might reroll later to my real main but I think having a Druid around will be super useful. Nigil is the name, and will be hanging around Rivervale.

And regarding boxes. Isboxer and mq2 is disabled so obviously boxing is pretty hampered. Best I can think of is a class that doesn't need a lot of attention. Wizards fit that bill pretty well. Run a tank, chanter, or cleric, with a wizard box that's and you'd probably do pretty well for yourself. Of course I say that, and didn't do that myself, but oh well.

Vaclav

Where to start? People you "trained"...friend in "high places"

Get over yourself, shits too much
Taking it as far more serious than I meant it - talking basic training like teaching people the ropes when they first raided =p

You know all that stupid "basic raiding shit" like setting keybinds and resist sets? And other stupid "I've never raided before" bullshit that many people are too stuck up to answer in hardcore guilds quite often? Just stupid basic coaching stuff.

I'm like the little league coach looking back and saying "Hey, that kid I helped made the All-Stars" - part of the foundation that got him there, but a really tiny part. People love to conflate things I say into something dramatic. Perhaps there's a better way to phrase it - but I don't mean it egotistically. I was only responding to "You've done nothing..." - indirectly I helped foster alot, and I've raided topend (1st tier guild on server in GoD/PoP, 2nd tier in SoV/SoL, 2nd tier pre-merge Combine/Sleeper [3rd I think post?]) up through pre-ZMTZ GoD personally but that's the limit of my first hand raiding. My own degree of excellence pales in comparison to friends that I've had some small impact on their lives - I consider it a better example of me "doing something" than my own accomplishments.

People want to apparently see ego and try to project it where it's not meant. Again, I'm proud of what my friends have done - and I'm happy to have helped been a small stepping stone on the way there. I fail to see how that's a bad thing or "egotist".

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
You really are just the worst kind of person. People like you and Frenzic represent this vocal minority of players that will sit back and lecture everyone about how they need to L2P, that the exp rates are fine, and then quit a month or two in after doing nothing relevant on the server. You are one of those pieces of shit that voted for 6 month unlock timers and then quit before even the halfway point to Kunark. Your fucking bullshitstranglesthese servers. With instanced raid content Phinny could have been something really amazing with broad appeal to EQ players of all time periods and play styles and levels of involvement but instead Daybreak has gated end game content behind this fucking gigantic time investment and assholes likeyoudefend those gates.

This content is fucking 16 years old. Stop cockblocking it with your little cunting bullshit posts on the official forums about how it's all fine and that you don't mind not being able to raid until next year and that you really like the exp rates because it's more like how it was back in the day. You're a fucking quitter and you're dragging down the whole fucking game for everyone.
1000%. It takes tons of talent to ace a test with all the answers.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's a reason why to this day I have friends in high places EQ-wise that I influence to this day.
Made me laugh ,thank you. Always fun to read Vaclav posts about EQ(they always have that "I am Super Important!" slant to them).

Vaclav

Made me laugh ,thank you. Always fun to read Vaclav posts about EQ(they always have that "I am Super Important!" slant to them).
Only if you project stupid shit onto it, sure. Influence can be a minor thing - and is in most cases - for fucks sake. Stuff like race selections and character naming. OH NO!

Let's assume the most extreme example instead of the most minor - that's sensible. It's not my fault if you read extra shit into things that isn't there. I swear half the people in here could use psychiatric treatment with the Lumie level logic with reading into shit that isn't there. (Not exempting myself from needing it sometimes myself)

People need to learn to read what I say at face fucking value and stop adding to it. Protip: I become verbose when I want to brag about something - if I just make a little blurb like that, it's because it's minor. I LOVE being verbose - if I'm not being verbose it's because it's worthy of a sidenote at best.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Don't make me track down your posts about how gosh darn gee whiz you were going to beforcedto lead again and that hey, if someone had wronged you in the past you were willing to give them a second chance. The rope would be short of course as youneverforget. That's just the kind of magnanimous individual you are.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
i.e. Eleventh - who looks to likely be the first Cleric that will hit L50 on Phinigel is an old friend, the reason Eleventh is anErudite Cleric is in homage to me from Vazaelle.
You were the first level 20 and 30 on Vazaelle and then ghosted (or rerolled from your Erudite Cleric). I don't recall you ever hitting 50 or 60. And i remember this because i was the second level 20 and 30 on Vazaelle and right behind you. People are paying you homage because of this or what am i missing?

Either way, this is turning into some discussion. Arbitrary hitting the nail on the head. Basically, all of the people still neckbearding EQ in 2015 are nerds stuck in '99 and '00. Shit never changes. You guys should go play P99 if you want somehighlycompetitive EQ.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Didn't get much time at all into this over the weekend but that's ok. I have some time off next weekend.

Still haven't made up my mind about class choice either.

Zithax

Molten Core Raider
i.e. Eleventh - who looks to likely be the first Cleric that will hit L50 on Phinigel is an old friend, the reason Eleventh is an Erudite Cleric is in homage to me from Vazaelle.
Are you sure that wasn't just because their group decided on erudites for the early leveling path? lol.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Obviously man is modeled after Vaclav as an homage.
tongue.png

Just yanking your chain.