Everquest - Phinigel server

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
holy fuck spell research blows! tried a guide but there aint no salt peters anywhere!
Yeah, if you weren't on that train from the first minute you're going to be out of luck. I bought every single one I saw and raided the merchants in Lavastorm early and often always leaving behind one Saltpeter so they could refill.

The real fun thing about saltpeter is that you basically never get away from it. It is a component for Aqua Regia that is used in tons and tons of recipes all the way up to PoP skill levels. You can buy Aqua Regia from a merchant for 150 plat but if you do the combines yourself it saves you basically all of that money. When a single combine is 280 plat and you are getting one skill up per ten or fifteen combines it adds up fast. Skilling up past 200 (level 60 Kunark spells trivial at 220s) each combine is 430 plat per. You will absolutely not get enough scrolls to level it otherwise.

Do the saltpeter/sulfur combines until they grey out at 103, do level 50 spells to 122 or whatever, and just stop. Level 60 hides basically do not exist anyway so it's not like you're going to be missing out on the gravy train because you can't make Malo or something.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I dont even wanna play on this shit until Luclin, but by then imma be so entrenched in WoW it won't be funny...But the BST pet tanking win makes me wet.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Was gonna sell a guildy 3 Kronos for 1k but decided to hold off. I figure after the weekend the price will be even higher and my play times are such that it won't be a problem.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Keep thinking I'm just going to power through this, but get to the log in screen and just don't have it in me.

Vaclav

Was gonna sell a guildy 3 Kronos for 1k but decided to hold off. I figure after the weekend the price will be even higher and my play times are such that it won't be a problem.
They're already higher - like 500 seems going today.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
That's terrible news about the Peter. I was all pumped that I had the ingredients to make Intensify Death at least then realized I didn't have a god damned skinning knife.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yesterday they were selling 400, today they're selling 600 a pop... maaaybe sell one just to get started but hold off after that lol. I resold my BABS for 1 before they drop to like 100-200pp while the krono price just keeps sky rocketing

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Today was a good day.

picked up some saltpeter in Lavastorm not bad if you got a group there.

sukik

Yeah. And as mentioned the dropped parts are the bottleneck.
Right on. Thanks. What are spells like Mesmurization and Tepid Deeds selling for if anyone knows? I've done the research grind before, and I'll do it again if I have to. But if it's only going to save me a little plat I'll just try to buy them.

Sterling

El Presidente
Right on. Thanks. What are spells like Mesmurization and Tepid Deeds selling for if anyone knows? I've done the research grind before, and I'll do it again if I have to. But if it's only going to save me a little plat I'll just try to buy them.
It won't save you any plat at alll unless you sell spells.

Vaclav

50 is about the norm on Mesmirization the last few days and Tepid around 80 is what I was seeing public quotes for. The first is quite skippable until you start doing trainy dungeons though.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Is there a channel up for forum bros? Level 11 Necro atm named Keikoo. I have to do the big migration from Qeynos soon.

Crone

What can be done if you don't autojoin the world chat channels? Sometimes I'll only be in NewPlayers, and not General or Antonica. Sucks if you want to try and get a feel on the market, or trying to find a group. /join general, or /join Antonica doesn't work for me either.