Everquest - Phinigel server

Zithax

Molten Core Raider
What the hell you on RR too?? I can bro you out some at 1k per

/signed, DPS Champion and Invincible PVP'r who has never been killed Korrupt
Yeah dawg. Been lurking since like 06. Thanks for the offer, I'LL HAVE TO PASS ON THIS PRICEPOINT FRIEND

What can be done if you don't autojoin the world chat channels? Sometimes I'll only be in NewPlayers, and not General or Antonica. Sucks if you want to try and get a feel on the market, or trying to find a group. /join general, or /join Antonica doesn't work for me either.
Just create a hotkey and set all five lines to "/join general" or whatever channel you are trying to get into and spam it until you join, which usually occurs pretty quickly.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What can be done if you don't autojoin the world chat channels? Sometimes I'll only be in NewPlayers, and not General or Antonica. Sucks if you want to try and get a feel on the market, or trying to find a group. /join general, or /join Antonica doesn't work for me either.
400 person cap on channels is the most likely explanation of why.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Just keep trying to /join the channels and you'll get in eventually

Evernothing

WTS KRONO $750 USD EACH!

rrr_img_120148.jpg

Crone

My classic alt-itits, or "main-itis" already setting in. This time because I'm a Druid, but have Kronos to make leveling easier, and spend on gear/spells. With this twinkage, should I be playing another class like melee or otherwise, that would benefit more from getting some good gear early on? My thoughts are like SK? Pick up a BABS, and can make banded/plate, etc. I feel being able to spend a few kronos on gear doesn't benefit the Druid nearly as much? or am I wrong?

Would appreciate your thoughts!

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Melee twinks are so tempting, because its so godamn fun :p

And I agree about difference between twink melee/caster.

Crone

Melee twinks are so tempting, because its so godamn fun :p

And I agree about difference between twink melee/caster.
They really are. I think I'll stick with Druid. I want ports, and binds, and heals. All convenience things, and I really do enjoy power leveling people as a Druid.

Crone

Finally stop soloing, and make my way over to Guk from Misty. Get into a group with a wizard, and realize how pathetic my Druid nukes are in comparison, and wonder why I chose to be a healer, over a Wizard. lol. Ffffuuu! But don't wanna be even further behind the pack and reroll!

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, wizard is the most surprising class for me so far. Coming from P99 i was thinking they'd blow dicks here also... oh man... I actually invite them to groups all the time. Really good damage. The class seems to play the way it was intended.

sukik

Why did wizards suck on P99? I played on during early EQ and they were awesome in groups.

Evernothing

Finally hit 9 and got SoW and a new heal.

Healing at lvl 8 sucked using either Inner Fire or Minor Healing.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, wizard is the most surprising class for me so far. Coming from P99 i was thinking they'd blow dicks here also... oh man... I actually invite them to groups all the time. Really good damage. The class seems to play the way it was intended.
Wizard is better than the melee dps on a new server but still the worst caster dps class in a group by far, and they will eventually be passed by the melees as gear inflates.

The nukes here are slightly more efficient, and the resist tables are less insane, but at the end of the day the mana regen is the same as it was on p99 so they run into the same problems.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Wizard is better than the melee dps on a new server but still the worst caster dps class in a group by far, and they will eventually be passed by the melees as gear inflates.

The nukes here are slightly more efficient, and the resist tables are less insane, but at the end of the day the mana regen is the same as it was on p99 so they run into the same problems.
Don't listen to this guy, Wizards are one of the best dps.

Origin

Molten Core Raider

From watching wizard mana in group and seeing their damage output, there's absolutely no comparison with P99. On P99, wizards are hands down the worst group class in the game. They are just absolute shit.

Also, the low level focus items available in EQLive (versus P99), haste, mana conserve etc, do make a considerable difference. I've noticed that wizard nukes do upwards of 30% of mob health and it barely dents their mana.

I can't speak on how it scales later on, on EQLive, but on P99 wizard is garbage from level 1 until level 60.