Everquest - Phinigel server

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Grouped with Bigz today and got invited to EoE. I think they have been talked about here but don't really know much about them.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It would be a shortcut with patchme on the end of it, my p99 for example: E:\Games\P99\eqgame.exe patchme

I also didn't know you could do live with oldschool spell effects.. how?
I started to work on requests to have these spell effects on Ragefire/Lockjaw servers.

It's impossible to do them 100% because some spells like Druid Skins and Druid Wolf Illusions are forced to share the same animation.

This first version will change some Root, Snare, Healing, SoW, and Resist Buffs to classic. All other new spell effects are intact.

Extract file. Then paste the 3 files directly into your main EQ directory. Don't forget to overwrite and merge folders or you will lose all spell effects.

Download:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...s4EQLiveV1.zip
Quote from other progression server thread.

Some tips for installation. The 2 seperate files go into the main EQ directory, overwrite what's already there. Then the spell effects folder. Open that, and copy everything of that, into your spelleffects folder in your EQ directory. I ran into problems with just extracting the folder straight into my EQ directory for some reason.

Vaclav

Grouped with Bigz today and got invited to EoE. I think they have been talked about here but don't really know much about them.
Zaide and I butted heads with them quite a bit on Vulak. They seem more laid back this time from what I've seen though.

Crone

They were number one guild on vulak and then transferred to fippy and now are on phinny. I'm tagged EoE this time as well and I'm glad to be back with a lot of old folks. Apparently they raided all the way to House of Thule.

Definitely much more laid back this time. With instancing there's no reason not to be. There's a group of them in the high 40s so for sure still some poopsockers around though.

Vaclav

They were number one guild on vulak and then transferred to fippy and now are on phinny. I'm tagged EoE this time as well and I'm glad to be back with a lot of old folks. Apparently they raided all the way to House of Thule.

Definitely much more laid back this time. With instancing there's no reason not to be. There's a group of them in the high 40s so for sure still some poopsockers around though.
I definitely think the only drama we'll be seeing is over XP camps - and quite limited thanks to the zone balancing stuff. It's nice being able to wish everyone luck, since them doing well has no influence on you.

Needless

Toe Sucker
glad i went Ench over wiz, fucking charm is godlike on live. Who rolled cleric so we can 2man camp seb come kunark?~

Vaclav

glad i went Ench over wiz, fucking charm is godlike on live. Who rolled cleric so we can 2man camp seb come kunark?~
CLR/ENC is the combo I went with for boxing (with the wife doing RNG) - I absolutely agree. Was planning CLR main with something else and decided on ENC on a lark, and holy shit is CLR/ENC amazing as hell. And RNG of course adds to it. Amazing trio that I basically "dumb lucked" my way into.

Only bad thing might be raiding, there's going to be X ENCs for Y raid spots in guilds (since they're of limited use on raids for the mostpart) but holy shit they're amazing for the group side of the game.

Crone

That's funny. I just rerolled from Druid to Enchanter, because being a buff bot for raids doesn't really bother me, as there are plenty of fights in the near upcoming expansions that have a ton of raids where ENC are key to success with Mez. Emp Ssra comes to mind. Gotta keep those mobs locked down!

But really, I have no idea if I'll get to the raid end game, and I wanted to make my grouping/leveling process as best as possible, and an enchanter does that really well.
smile.png

Never charmed on LJ with my box enchanter, so it's fun thing to add into the mix this time around.

Sagnid_sl

shitlord
I definitely think the only drama we'll be seeing is over XP camps - and quite limited thanks to the zone balancing stuff. It's nice being able to wish everyone luck, since them doing well has no influence on you.
There is already a good amount of drama over raid content as well. It should unfold over the next week or two.

I can agree on the group content drama. So many trains already.

This is going to be a great server for a monk.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Good work! Now, the question that's been bothering me - can you spawn your own planes instance with armor mobs, do they respawn, and what is the lockout on armor mob kills but not the god?

Sagnid_sl

shitlord
Good work! Now, the question that's been bothering me - can you spawn your own planes instance with armor mobs, do they respawn, and what is the lockout on armor mob kills but not the god?
Yes, No, two and a half days when you request. Goes to six and a half when you kill anything. Word of caution, no one has had time to check Fear and Hate. This is how it was advertised. And how it was working on Phini, Naggy and Vox.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yes, No, two and a half days when you request. Goes to six and a half when you kill anything. Word of caution, no one has had time to check Fear and Hate. This is how it was advertised. And how it was working on Phini, Naggy and Vox.
Thanks! When you say "anything" do you literally mean anything? Like, kill a kobold, 6.5d naggy lock?