Everquest - Phinigel server

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Xp seem screwy as fuck to anybody? I mean I'm aware of the solo xp nerf, but my necro's xp per kill is all over the fucking place at level 9. I know the server supposedly disabled the raf benefits, but it almost seems like I get the passive bonus (+100% when grouped with the referred account, referred account gets a huuuuuge bonus (+200%?)) on some kills but not others. I spent half an hour getting a yellow into level 9, then got another 3 yellows in half an hour.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Xp seem screwy as fuck to anybody? I mean I'm aware of the solo xp nerf, but my necro's xp per kill is all over the fucking place at level 9. I know the server supposedly disabled the raf benefits, but it almost seems like I get the passive bonus (+100% when grouped with the referred account, referred account gets a huuuuuge bonus (+200%?)) on some kills but not others. I spent half an hour getting a yellow into level 9, then got another 3 yellows in half an hour.
Were you killing whites/yellows? Exp is retarded in that if you're fighting the exact same thing where 1 is level or two higher, the white/yellow will give like 5x the exp.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
the way they have XP tuned, killing yellows/reds seems to be a LOT more effective when soloing/duoing than killing blues. might be what you're experiencing?

edit -- slow post, oh well =p

Bruman

Golden Squire
The way to get exp on this server that doesn't make you want to stab your face off is to kill a lot of yellows/reds at a fast pace in a full group. This usually involves an enchanter to charm a mob too, and staying in the old world as long as possible because the mobs have a lot less HP.

The way to get exp on this server that doesn't make you want to stab your face off is to kill a lot of yellows/reds at a fast pace in a full group. This usually involves an enchanter to charm a mob too, and staying in the old world as long as possible because the mobs have a lot less HP.
The experience grind on this server is just about to cure my EQ addiction.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hearing about account prices, and apparently the ability for account to account transfers of single toons makes me wish I unloaded my 60 Chanter when I quit playing a month ago.
frown.png

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
It's making me think about levelling an enchanter just to sell lol

I'm on disability right now since I just finished up chemo therapy last week, tho, and even I feel like I don't have enough time for this XP rate.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Hearing about account prices, and apparently the ability for account to account transfers of single toons makes me wish I unloaded my 60 Chanter when I quit playing a month ago.
frown.png
you could still sell it. what server

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Never had any problems with exp rate on this server but several of the balance/design decisions kinda make me sad.

Epic fists are ridiculous and are still not replaced even with a vulak rock and tunare fist. Rogues are terribly bad until 55 and still worse than monks at 60. Charm pets are still god-kings of dps. Resists are so insanely light until you start raiding and then it's oos / tash / malosini and like 15 turgurs to land a goddamn slow. Also I finished my 7th shawl yesterday and that whore won't give me the etching tools for 8th shawl even though I was able to get the issue kit.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Never had any problems with exp rate on this server but several of the balance/design decisions kinda make me sad.

Epic fists are ridiculous and are still not replaced even with a vulak rock and tunare fist. Rogues are terribly bad until 55 and still worse than monks at 60. Charm pets are still god-kings of dps. Resists are so insanely light until you start raiding and then it's oos / tash / malosini and like 15 turgurs to land a goddamn slow. Also I finished my 7th shawl yesterday and that whore won't give me the etching tools for 8th shawl even though I was able to get the issue kit.
As a maxed Monk on Ragrefire, you do want either a Vulak or Tunare fist. (Vulak being slightly better). Epic fists do not have any dmg bonus, while those two weapons do and they will parse higher. Dmg bonus does not work for offhand, so using one of them in your primary fist only and bare epic fist secondary is the way to go.

Of course, you also want a primal to swap in for the proc only.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
As a maxed Monk on Ragrefire, you do want either a Vulak or Tunare fist. (Vulak being slightly better). Epic fists do not have any dmg bonus, while those two weapons do and they will parse higher. Dmg bonus does not work for offhand, so using one of them in your primary fist only and bare epic fist secondary is the way to go.

Of course, you also want a primal to swap in for the proc only.
Great to know, thanks.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Do we have a channel or guild going or something like that? Just came back and would like some peeps to talk too or group with. Soulsnapper is in game name.

Sterling

El Presidente
Do we have a channel or guild going or something like that? Just came back and would like some peeps to talk too or group with. Soulsnapper is in game name.
Rerolled:rerolled is the chat channel, though lately there hasn't been nearly as many people in it. As for guilds, there isn't a specific board guild, but there's a bunch of people from the board in AoS.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah...just reading this open world AoW thing. It is a spawned / triggered mob right? So you've got to at the very least give the guys who burnt their mana on the thing first crack?

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Yeah...just reading this open world AoW thing. It is a spawned / triggered mob right? So you've got to at the very least give the guys who burnt their mana on the thing first crack?
That was the accepted way to do this before yes. It's a triggered event on a time limit the moment you trigger it (AOW despawns)

Sony enforced the 'kill the trigger get the first crack at the event unless you wipe' policy. They even removed loot/banned people who went against that before. Same goes with a the cursed event in luclin and Fennin Ro's triggered event, RZTWL in Tactic etc

DBG doesn't seem to give a shit.

Shit will get fun in PoP with the amount of events you get to fuck people with. LEt people spawn the avatar during rathe event then DPS race them? Same for Rallos zek the warlord in tactics? Same for Fro? Ahah this is going to be something else.

Sterling

El Presidente
My favorite part of the whole thing is this righteous offended stance OGC is taking when this is exactly the same shit they did all through kunark on various epic mobs like Broken Golem/Enraged Golem and Angry Goblin etc. Their leadership and their guild in general The amount of hypocrisy is astounding.