Everquest - Phinigel server

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Technically no. I went afk for a while waiting for Velious, went to return the day it dropped early and my account had been jacked. Long story short, that account is probably toast.
That dude was pretty normal in our guild, its kind of surprising but it really isn't with the emo nerds that play this shit. Do you have any recourse or action you can take?

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
What happens at the end of this?

Do they stop the server or merge it or whats that time frame look like?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
What happens at the end of this?

Do they stop the server or merge it or whats that time frame look like?
4.5 month lockouts for Velious, Luclin and then PoP / LoY come together. Then after that they are releasing GoD / OOW at the same time.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
The end will be when they open another progression before we even get to PoP imo.

Stench

Golden Knight of the Realm
I struggle to play anymore knowing full well I will lose all interest in the server after PoP..... I really wish they would PoP lock a TLP for a least a year or something
frown.png

There is so much content / AAs I think it could still be very successful?

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
I struggle to play anymore knowing full well I will lose all interest in the server after PoP..... I really wish they would PoP lock a TLP for a least a year or something
frown.png
There is so much content / AAs I think it could still be very successful?
PoP has a lot of nostalgia but is in fact a shallow expansion. On TLP, people will be clearing time in the first week, and once you're doing that you can mostly just ignore everything else raidwise. So you're doing the same 9 bosses every lockout and that's it. GoD has way more content and after the retunings is actually pretty awesome.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
PoP has a lot of nostalgia but is in fact a shallow expansion. On TLP, people will be clearing time in the first week, and once you're doing that you can mostly just ignore everything else raidwise. So you're doing the same 9 bosses every lockout and that's it. GoD has way more content and after the retunings is actually pretty awesome.
I always liked GoD also, the trials and Inuktuta or whatever as well.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yes I loved how my Elemental geared Knight couldnt tank group trials outside of the fucking sewer. It made me feel really needed

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Luclin is a way way better stopping point for any server than PoP. The game massively changes starting in PoP. Itemization in PoP just completely nullifies everything that came before it, it is nearly a wow level gear reset.

I think a server that stopped at luclin but then released ldon but not PoP would be interesting.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Luclin is a way way better stopping point for any server than PoP. The game massively changes starting in PoP. Itemization in PoP just completely nullifies everything that came before it, it is nearly a wow level gear reset.

I think a server that stopped at luclin but then released ldon but not PoP would be interesting.
You would be suprised of the absolute crap that drops before like, bertoxx progression.

Nulolan

N00b
I can't stand luclin, only good part of it was it brought AAs imo. If I was playing a TLP server i'd prolly play till DoN maybe DoDH, I really enjoyed omens of war personally.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yes I loved how my Elemental geared Knight couldnt tank group trials outside of the fucking sewer. It made me feel really needed
That was then. GoD now is not the same. A ton of TLP problems is that people remember when their knight couldn't tank dick and think it's still the case, and we end up with shit like prospectively GoD being skipped after 6 months of time grinds.

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
So can someone explain what's happening here? Apparently EoE is exploiting but I can't really tell what they're doing (a mage pet is tanking though - but how is that an exploit?)

Fulorian

Wow, you guys really stepped up your game on how much you hate Dima - you just fucked the entire server solely to try to false-flag smear OGC?

Hint: killing the warders with a bunch of AoS, and making sure the server goes to 'Satoshibot', guildleader of 'Original Gangster Clubs' (an AoS alt) doesn't mean OGC woke the sleeper. As shitty as it is, you have every right to wake the Sleeper. But to try to defame another guild in doing so - I really hope your entire leadership gets a banhammer for that.

Fulorian

Evidently rooted MotM mobs only summon/Call of Zero if you're in line of sight, and they don't attack pets - they only go after the pet owner. So an epic mage pet can generate all the agro in the world, sit out of LoS, and the mob won't attack or AE the raid. Pretty cheesy exploit.