Everquest - Phinigel server

Needless

Toe Sucker
Is it true? has a rich millionaire doctor lost a SoD on redguides krassus!?

Lmao why there is even drama on these servers is comical, good ol' reddit.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's just another guild on Phinny stomping their feet and crying for attention, it's always on me when im AFK in Kael nightly for all the in foil hate crusade to come see. Welcome to TLP's and how people play here, this level of autism is pretty normal for the TLP's.

You have to be real careful almost like talking with the police, its honestly best to not even talk in game or joke at all. The game is played by their guild via petitions, training, and RMT accusations because they cant do anything in the actual game to compete. The guild leader Dima was a huge clownin a really bad guild on live so it's not surprising to see Dima being such a failure on every TLP server and acting like this.

vector5

Molten Core Raider
Thinking about starting a singlebox on this server, how much krono does it take to twink out a shaman?

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I saw satoshi is guild leader, but I didnt think that was dima. I cant believe krassus got us all DDOS'd cause he was shopping his SoD around!

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Thinking about starting a singlebox on this server, how much krono does it take to twink out a shaman?
Krono is about 6k plat currently (have gone down and might go down more). Depends on how you want to gear your shaman, myself I went for all focuses first then regen (fungi tunic) + troll for regen. I've seen others go ogre or iksar and stack plate items for AC and seem to ignore getting all the focuses (dot damage, dot haste, dot mana cost, spell mana cost, spell damage, spell haste, improved healing are the focuses). Fungi tunic seems to be about 6-8k plat.

You can get some cheap wisdom pieces (non focus) for 500-1k each. Djarn ring for spell haste2 is around a krono, GEBS about 4k I think? A lot of the classic still is still cheap (<1k) to twink with. It wouldnt hurt to hit hate for shaman gear, or plane of growth or kael for chain rots. I think chain quest armor is pretty easy to get as most people seem to be plate/leather/cloth. I imagine you could sit afk in kael during your afk time and watch ooc you'll see people call out chain rots, but then you'll need the gems (750-1k per quest gem) and faction to turn in.

I guess I didnt fully answer your question, but maybe buy a few krono (they sell for 9-8.50 per on redguides) and go from there. ragefireprices.info is helpful for phinigel prices but it only monitors platinum prices not krono. you'll also want to buy your spells.. focus of spirit i've seen for 2-4k plat, torpor/avatar i think are down to 1-2k plat. ragefire prices should have them.

this guy is a bit expensive, i wouldnt buy from him but he has a list of spells and tells you which can be crafted and which are drop only. a lot of the spells that used to be drop only can be crafted now..Phinny/TLPS SPELL RESEARCH LIVE INVENTORY - - Google Sheets

tinyurl.com/ragefirespells also useful for spell list.

this is also a list of some of the focus items available but its not complete for rank 3 focuses, they rank 2 will still work on level 60 spells just less of an effect -Focus items on ragefire : everquest

lost

<Bronze Donator>
yeah it is a pretty sweet set, just have to deal with the regular shaman gear dropping too so takes longer to get. I want iksar on my shaman but its a friends shaman who is taking a break so wont let me race change /grin

Sterling

El Presidente
Also, Nice patch. New instance CT is about 50 times harder than open world. Also they didn't even actually remove the out of era stuff, they just made it so the mobs drop 1 item instead of 2.

rad

Lord of Guk
Iksar shaman are they way to go.
rrr_img_135841.gif

I disapprove. #swamplife

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Also, Nice patch. New instance CT is about 50 times harder than open world. Also they didn't even actually remove the out of era stuff, they just made it so the mobs drop 1 item instead of 2.
Noticed the velks shit still dropping, DBG is awesome.

What's different on instanced CT? Just the number cap making it harder or is it actually different?

Sterling

El Presidente
Noticed the velks shit still dropping, DBG is awesome.

What's different on instanced CT? Just the number cap making it harder or is it actually different?
It hits way harder and has way more health. Something like AoW that fears the tank.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
It hits way harder and has way more health. Something like AoW that fears the tank.
I actually enjoyed the fact people had to pay attention and not auto attack and AFK. They should think about changing all the MoMs that are set to level 3 and update them to 1.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I mostly agree but the fight was pretty tedious. They need like a MotM which has the defensive mitigation of 3 but the damage multipliers of 1. If they slap 1 down on everything fights like Vulak will just suck.