Everquest - Phinigel server

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Like where you log on for a couple of hours and talk about how you're going to play again then disappear for months again right after?

Arnold%20Schwarzenegger%20smiling%20awkwardly.gif

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Apparently it was just a bug. The salt from that vote failure would have been legendary though.

It's kind of funny. I used to think my favorite expansion was Planes of Power. I'm quickly realizing that Shadows of Luclin was actually my favorite expansion. I absolutely love this expansion.

Sterling

El Presidente
It's kind of funny. I used to think my favorite expansion was Planes of Power. I'm quickly realizing that Shadows of Luclin was actually my favorite expansion. I absolutely love this expansion.
People always seem to have nostalgia for PoP until they play it again and realize it's super shallow. It's 1 raid zone that you care about and with how TLP works people will finish i within days of the expansion being unlocked. 6 months or whatever it's slated for is absurd and going to suck.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Does anyone know the current condition of Mage and Necro pets? Are they as weak as they were in Kunark after the nerfs or have they gotten back some of their power as new expansions were unlocked? I tried playing a Necro on Phinny and it was just rough how frail the poor little guy was.

Noosh

Trakanon Raider
Is solo exp still nerfed on this server? I remember hearing something about it possibly being buffed with the release of luclin, but I could be mistaken.

Sterling

El Presidente
Is solo exp still nerfed on this server? I remember hearing something about it possibly being buffed with the release of luclin, but I could be mistaken.
It's still bad, but AA xp rate is fast enough you that soloing can get you some and you can feel vaguely productive even if it's not nearly as good as in a group.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
How is Phinny's exp now? Is it still horrifically slow? Any change at all? What's the speed on AA's like? Thanks fellas

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I've been messing around there these the ast few nights and as someone that played on LJ and Ragefire some it is really slow. I know it doesn't bother everyone and the server has a population that far exceeds both RF and LJ combined, and there have been many instances of bonus exp weekends and holidays and such, but just leveling right now as the rates are is not a good time. With the changes to quest exp you really have to stab a fucking mountain of trash to get through the early levels and in the mid 20s anything less than chain murdering yellows and reds feels horrible.

People have been saying the AA grind is no problem at all. My personal guess is that the exp code doesn't extend to AA so you're getting live server rates on AA gain but that's just a guess I have based on what people have said.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Played through Kunark and the exp rate was just fucking awful. Incredibly slow. I understand some people were ok with it, but it was a contradiction to the identity of the server (instances, more accessible etc).

Anyways, I was curious if there were any changes at all. Was thinking about playing some part-time again, but the slow leveling was a definite turn off.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I do still sorta want to play at least a little so what I'm going to do is derp around here and there and then when there's another bonus exp period try to do all the leveling stuff or at least a big chunk of it. I guess last year around Christmas there was a two week period of double exp and if there was something like that again this year I'd be able to get to max level at a rate that didn't feel like work. There have been several bonus exp periods since the server launched and showing up late to the party means I haven't had the chance to benefit from any of them.

Phinny is definitely a success and I expect it to be a model for any future progression servers but if I was going to make a tweak I would gently increase the exp rate per expansion. I leveled a couple characters in era during Luclin it's slower than that on Phinny. Putting a bit of a throttle on the players when it is just Classic is fine but now a few expansions in you don't want the exp rate keeping players away.

Sterling

El Presidente
Leveling xp is still pretty bad, but better now with Luclin zones available. AAs are real easy. got to 300+ in the first month which took me about 30 hours total not counting the initial keying and shit at the start of the expac.