Everquest - Phinigel server

Sterling

El Presidente
I assume you're joking? I know EoE at least still just clears it.

We do tag-and-flop the mini-bosses to help gather up some of the trash. But can't really AoE down when you have bosses that AE silence.

That is pretty much what we do with Fear though. Beeline the golems, AoE'ing what's in the way, then clear the temple, then tag and move CT and ignore everything else.
You have to obviously kill silencing minis separately but we AoE down most of the trash. Zone in to dead Tunare takes us about an hour with ~ 50 people including boxes. It's a pretty awful zone, but Tunare loot is some of the best in the expansion and at least 1 item will last many expansions.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've got a bunch of Daybreak points or whatever the fuck, and I was thinking about rolling up some EQ again. I haven't played EQ since about 2002, although I did play the Emu a lot maybe 6 or 7 years ago (EZ server). After loading it up, it looks like "All Access" costs 500 points, so I should be able to "subscribe" for several months with my points.

Is Phinigel going to be a giant pain in the ass though? I imagine there's no mercs, and leveling is going to even 50 is going to be a several month affair?

Edit: Nm, I misread and you get 500 for getting all access. So I guess I'll just pass.

Last edited:

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
I've got a bunch of Daybreak points or whatever the fuck, and I was thinking about rolling up some EQ again. I haven't played EQ since about 2002, although I did play the Emu a lot maybe 6 or 7 years ago (EZ server). After loading it up, it looks like "All Access" costs 500 points, so I should be able to "subscribe" for several months with my points.

Is Phinigel going to be a giant pain in the ass though? I imagine there's no mercs, and leveling is going to even 50 is going to be a several month affair?

Edit: Nm, I misread and you get 500 for getting all access. So I guess I'll just pass.

You can play on the other servers though without a sub.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Once you get Ail out of the way, using Tunare is by far the best way to grab the rest of the zone (and skip the focusers). Usually aoe west of the river (all stunnable) in a few pulls and then tag tunare / grab shit off the back. It's important to remember that the call is done from when the mob was last initially aggroed (p99 yellow text). This allows you to pull CT without killing anything if you're quick (gonna be 2 DTs and then the CT fear/snare in which you cannot lose aggro again). Unless they've been deathballed by SOME GUILD <_<.

Tunare is the same, though, once you've got west clear you can keep picking off large trash pulls without having to move large distances (especially useful for getting rumble / ail in position). Speeds up clears by a fair bit.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
God I might cry IRL when we get back to hour + change ToVs again, almost there.

1 month 2 weeks till Luclin also, doesn't seem so bad now

lost

<Bronze Donator>
From 12 PM PT on Friday August 12, 2016 until 12PM PT on Monday, August 15, 2016, players will be granted 150% Bonus XP and Double Rare Spawns!

lost

<Bronze Donator>
God I might cry IRL when we get back to hour + change ToVs again, almost there.

1 month 2 weeks till Luclin also, doesn't seem so bad now

I was thinking during my app, wtf happy and dannin said these were hour and half ntov's, I figured it was quarm.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm curious--do you do 90 minute TOVs (doze + ntov) in the instance? I feel like we could shave off maybe 30 minutes and we're running like 3 hours atm. Just so much trash. If we were just doing a lords/ladies + vulak run I think we could probably do 2 hours.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
The bonus Exp was crazy. Also first rush to King Tormax for me. AoS beat us easily, but was fun nonetheless. Nice to see some forum bros run around.

Sterling

El Presidente
The bonus Exp was crazy. Also first rush to King Tormax for me. AoS beat us easily, but was fun nonetheless. Nice to see some forum bros run around.
Racing can be pretty fun indeed. Also as a thing more people need to join the rerolled chat channel! rerolled:rerolled

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
McQueen McQueen / BigW - send me a tell on Throwed tonight, ill invite you guys as friends and family until you level up so you can at least see green text.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user