Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
oh got ya, yea it can be super handy for sure. spenty many nights clicking that damn thing when we didn't have a snarer in fungi king =\

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Guess I could just root. I know there are mobs that are immune, but those are immune to snare too yeah?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
syamxFX.jpg

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I ran a ENC/CLR/PAL 3box back in PoP, actually was just twoboxing it most of the time because juggling 3 mice and keyboards gets crazy (I didn't use any tools).

CLR/ENC will do best if you want to charm stuff and keep the ENC alive when it breaks (you're not guaranteed to live btw, angry mob + hasted pet chew through a PoP-geared enchanter like nothing). The cleric's HP buffs and rezzes will support the enchanter well and this was my combo choice most of the time. I used it to farm god knows how many ornate molds in Plane of Tactics back in the day.
CLR/PAL works best if you need deal with mobs that need mezzing, if you try to charm and mez shit at the same time, you will eventually have a break at a bad time and you wipe. So I usually just tanked with the paladin and used the enchanter to slow and mez, using the animation pet and nukes for some added dps. A decent combo but the main weakness is low DPS and it lacks snare.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I'm in with Faceless as a Beastlord. Rolled one on test and got him to level 60 yesterday so I can figure out a decent gearing route.

Still looking for a static. Prefer one that's going to have at least a little sleep on the first day.

Does anyone have expertise with crafting on these tlp's? One of the gearing routes I'm looking at is just leveling tailoring for Haze Panther set or Acrylia. Curious what kind of time it would take to get to 280 Tailoring from scratch.

Was thinking of doing a beastlord. Did you take him to 60 solo or with other help? Just curious how long it took you and if you stayed with in era stuff.

Sterling

El Presidente
Beastlord will be loads of fun at 65, when you're rotating fero and savagery on 10 melee every 5 minutes.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Was thinking of doing a beastlord. Did you take him to 60 solo or with other help? Just curious how long it took you and if you stayed with in era stuff.

I soloed with a tank merc. Took 2 days to get to 60 on test. I xp'ed in Blightfire Moores and Gorukar Mesa mostly. The 1-50 grind in luclin is pretty simple but I messed around a bit with where to go 50-60.

Make a character on test, do /testbuff and then do these quests in Blightfire Moores

The Mucktail Mines

Rotwood #3: Molderahn

The quests take maybe 30 minutes and give you two good weapons that will carry you to 60.

Keep your haste potions and clarity potions up to date.

If you really grind you could get 25-60 in 1 day easy. I have 2 kids so it took me 2 days.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah test has 50% exp boost. Or it even might be 100%, not sure but its quite a lot. Besides current EQ has the stupid Defiant stuff which makes 1-60 or even 70 pretty much trivial these days. Youre basically wearing raid gears. You can even buy packages of the shit from their in game store. Or buy it from /bazaar.

edit, lol I guess its lv 80.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Tempted to play on this casually for a bit just to get a fix and maybe try a new class. Do folks think there will be other casual players around on this server or is the population mostly going to be guilds trying to race? Just don’t want to end up subbing for the server just to be the only one slow rolling around at the lower levels.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The various wizard spires across the world.

Antonica = North Karana (loc. -3685, 1209)
Odus = Toxxulia Forest (loc. -1510, -916)
Velious = The Great Divide (approx loc. -1600, -2700) ?
Kunark = The Dreadlands (loc. 3047, 9658)
Faydwer = Greater Faydark (loc. -2023, -441)

• 1Like

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
these things are usually pretty full in general, you shouldn't have any trouble getting groups whenever, may even get grouped with some ubertwinks if you're far enough behind!

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The various wizard spires across the world.

Antonica = North Karana (loc. -3685, 1209)
Odus = Toxxulia Forest (loc. -1510, -916)
Velious = The Great Divide (approx loc. -1600, -2700) ?
Kunark = The Dreadlands (loc. 3047, 9658)
Faydwer = Greater Faydark (loc. -2023, -441)

Man this was a major QOL addition at the time. And even though people hate on the POK books, I think they were a god send later.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I can’t wait to read on the morning subway ride in about who trained who, which officer boned the resident cuck’s high elf cleric wife, and who got banned for hacks while farming Kronos.

• 1Solidarity

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Couple relevant things for us in today's patch -

Game Update Notes: February 20, 2019 | EverQuest Forums

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Dramatically increased the chance to gain skills when your current skill level is less than your class' skill cap from 5 or 10 levels less than your current level.
- - Ex: A level 50 ranger with a 1-Hand Blunt skill less than 210 will gain skill at 16 times the normal rate.
- - These bonuses do not apply to tradeskills.
- Removed some legacy experience code so that experience-per-level is now uniform for all races/classes. Warriors, Rogues, and Halflings will no longer gain experience faster than other classes/races.

Also you can no longer multi-quest the Dain rings.

I've wanted faster skill-ups in this game for a decade and a half. Trying to fix up weapon skills, defense, etc when they're a couple hundred points behind was always a pain in the ass and the workarounds were all shady.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users