Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Has anyone actually powerleveled from scratch with access to Velious/Luclin? Trying to figure out where to grind initially and everyone just keeps wanting to do old world, but boy that just can't be right with access to so many expansions.

I have PLed many characters the best way is just to Pl a bard at teh same time, teh bard sings AE dot, while the PLed just sits there.

You do starting Zone with Cleric temperace and Mage DS on the characters.
1-10 starting zone
10-20 unrest, Mistmore castle , cleric pulls and once you have a big pull, mage cast DS on cleric(tank), and bard hits his AE song ONCE< hitting everyone.
20-40sh Lguk, take the exec camp. From there in 3 pulls you pull the whole undead side. Pull number 1: exec cav suppplier, all that, go one floor up to assassin. Pull number 2: Frenzy and the guy south of him, all that is in the way. Pull number 3: ghoul lord, and everything in the way, except the hand, leave it there. Cleric tanks around 10-20 mobs, Mage DS on the cleric kills the mob, Bard AE tags the mob.
40-55sh Velks, first floor, pull 15 spiders, rinse repeat, rinse repeat(this take a bit long because they have lots of HP compared to undead,

If no PoP, then GE middle camp is a good spot.

If you have pop, then at 55 move to Valor, go to the back and pull golems and spiders until you are blue. at 62 go to BoT and murder giants, 65 is PoF.

Last edited:

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I imagine you could have some success just levelling in Kunark zones.

Field of Bone
Kurns Tower
The Overthere
Frontier Mountains
Dreadlands
City of Mist
Karnor's Castle
Trakanon's Teeth
Chardok
Sebilis

etc. There are a lot of places to get xp and they are all within a reasonable distance of each other. A lot of people will be going to zones like PC, unrest, mm, uguk/lguk, ge etc. so you may have some luck in Kunark. Decent platinum in many Kunark zones as well.

That said though anyone trying to kill AHR asap should really be xp'ing in lucid shard zones when they are 50+ or even sooner. Fungus Grove & Maiden's Eye in particular.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I love Kunark, so I’ll probably be spending as much time as I can there and hopefully will have some folks to group with. I play nothing but Iksar shaman and I still have never actually done most of the higher end Kunark zones after all these years. Maybe I’ll have some luck this time.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'm a sucker for nostalgia so I like hitting those zones such as PC but especially UGuk/LGuk but being a cleric this time around, I'm going to go wherever someone drags me. Still can't believe i'm considering this.... I think i've pretty much given up on EQ2 being any fun. I really wanted to do the PvP server but just thinking about the ability bloat and hotbars makes me sick. At least I think we'll have fun for a few months on this plus i'm a cleric and I really just need 2-3 abilities compared to the 800 in EQ2.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Agnarr was my first TLP and I hadn't played in years. Doing the opening rush with Faceless and seeing folks run enchanters for charm pets was pretty neat. I rolled my first one soon after and now enchanter is a part of any box group I run.

I'm quite looking forward to running enchanter/mage/druid at selos launch and just do things my own way.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Agnarr was my first TLP and I hadn't played in years. Doing the opening rush with Faceless and seeing folks run enchanters for charm pets was pretty neat. I rolled my first one soon after and now enchanter is a part of any box group I run.

I'm quite looking forward to running enchanter/mage/druid at selos launch and just do things my own way.

If Sorrows is playing, I may have to play. Dude makes chat fun. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I'm a sucker for nostalgia so I like hitting those zones such as PC but especially UGuk/LGuk but being a cleric this time around, I'm going to go wherever someone drags me. Still can't believe i'm considering this.... I think i've pretty much given up on EQ2 being any fun. I really wanted to do the PvP server but just thinking about the ability bloat and hotbars makes me sick. At least I think we'll have fun for a few months on this plus i'm a cleric and I really just need 2-3 abilities compared to the 800 in EQ2.
I take it you've played an EQ cleric before?

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Probably 8-10 years off and on. Those last couple of years I'm not sure I count but yeah... more like 8 years. I buff, I CH, I rez.... that's about it, right?
At least you know what you're getting into. I still have nightmares every so often about CH rotations myself.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker

Why Druid over cleric? i can see druid if it starts in vanilla for ports n shit cleric seems better if it starts at Luclin

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
At least you know what you're getting into. I still have nightmares every so often about CH rotations myself.

I get that and I did too but last TLP I played an Enchanter and i've tried to pull away from always playing some type of support/healing class in other games for a couple of years and I guess I missed it. I did it for so long it felt weird not doing my routine. Felt good for a bit to break away but I'm just a cleric when it comes to EQ .

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Why Druid over cleric? i can see druid if it starts in vanilla for ports n shit cleric seems better if it starts at Luclin

druid still has perks in Luclin, Nexus has a lot of downsides still compared to PoK.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
And you can get a little retarded bear pet by then, right?

Everybody wants a little retarded bear pet.

• 1Like

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
From my very limited previous TLP experience I found I gave up on my cleric box during kunark. Druid was used full time through PoP.

Having on demand access to escape teleports and snare were just too valuable. Bonus points for garbage dire charm pets on enchanter and druid in chardok when drunken grinding.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah i can see that benefit, i wasnt thinking about snares and shit. I just figured having access to a res all the time would be way nicer to have than ports during and post luclin lol

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
ah yeah, access to evacs means fewer rezzes needed, too. plus Luclin is when druids get their pseudo-Complete Heal.

Sterling

El Presidente
I've boxed a druid both on live and on phinny. The biggest issue honestly is that they don't get a group heal until DoDH which makes raid healing during AE fights kind of shitty.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
ah yeah, access to evacs means fewer rezzes needed, too. plus Luclin is when druids get their pseudo-Complete Heal.

DPS never learn their place if you keep evacing when they fuck up agro. Let them die a few times with only a 75% rez and they learn to fucking wait on agro real damn fast.

I play my cleric for the greater good. :)

• 1Worf

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rezzing isn't a big deal. It kind of matters in places where only 1 char dies and its a pita to get them back vs clicking them back, arguably evac might be preferred to this. For xp you can just pay for some later or suck it up. I have literally not rezzed myself as a cleric because it was inconvenient to zero my mana vs just continuing to grind.

Cleric matters for complete heal. Mobs tend to have much higher hp totals and much lower mitigation than a pc. Trying to spot heal up a pet is awful. Ch is efficient. This is the real luster for a cleric box, as druids don't come close until I think god or oow giving incomplete heal.