Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
How are Beastlords? Always burn out long before these things get to Luclin and can't decide between Ranger, Druid, and Beastlord

Beastlords are very good in general. Their pets are strong and there were some changes to pet aggro that did nothing but benefit them. Before with pets if a player was in melee range mob would always 100% no matter what attack the player. Now your pet can tank for you while you melee as normal. It's really great. They have some unique things they bring to a raid with Paragon of Spirit, their version of Avatar and their hp/mana regen buff. For group content they're top notch.

If you are the kind of fella that needs to top parses than you ain't gonna do that as a BL.

Sterling

El Presidente
Nice 3 respon
How are Beastlords? Always burn out long before these things get to Luclin and can't decide between Ranger, Druid, and Beastlord
I like beastlords but personally would never main one because to play one optimally you need to maintain a Fero/Savagery rotation. Casting 2 buffs every minute on 2 sets of 5 characters is very unexciting.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Beastlords are very good in general. Their pets are strong and there were some changes to pet aggro that did nothing but benefit them. Before with pets if a player was in melee range mob would always 100% no matter what attack the player. Now your pet can tank for you while you melee as normal. It's really great. They have some unique things they bring to a raid with Paragon of Spirit, their version of Avatar and their hp/mana regen buff. For group content they're top notch.

If you are the kind of fella that needs to top parses than you ain't gonna do that as a BL.

Depends on the era - now in SoD our top BST over here on Phin is pulling into the Top 10 at times.

Vedette

<Donor>
Beastlords are decent, but having to micromanage ferocity/savagery can get old quick.

I started a BL buff bot because my ranger box was never getting ferocity. I ended up with gina timers going off once a minute, and never being able to afk during a raid. NEVER AGAIN

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Beastlords are a fantastic group class. Their buffs make them good on raids. Theyre a utility class until later expansions, not a dps class.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, you literally get to cast 2 buffs every 60 seconds forever. If you afk at any point you end up having gaps in your cycle so better use the restroom before the raid!

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, you literally get to cast 2 buffs every 60 seconds forever. If you afk at any point you end up having gaps in your cycle so better use the restroom before the raid!

That sounds oddly fun to me. How do you decide who to cast on. Or do you just rotate through all the melee dps?

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
That sounds oddly fun to me. How do you decide who to cast on. Or do you just rotate through all the melee dps?

You buff the melee you happen to hate the least at the time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
you use the higher level one on the top melee dps, and the lower level one on the next tier. If there's more than 1 beastlord you just sort out who casts on who.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
You buff the melee you happen to hate the least at the time.
Yeah I mean everything is pretty trivial so you can be a shitter and just cast it on yourself and your pet and a couple of pals. But that's really not optimal at all.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I've probably got one more of these in me, but not sure I can sock to level 60 on launch weekend