Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
by all means add some challenge, turn the actual difficulty of mobs up again. or throw a server at us with instance caps of 18 and remove motm? idk but slowing down exp and taking away modern QOL stuff isn't exactly challenge. Though I will admit corpse runs at least added an element of actual risk to certain areas.

edit: maybe not remove motm but turn it down a bit? idk

Leon

<Silver Donator>
God i love this.

I play on a shithole emu with no competition and no pressure, ever, and i come here for my fix of autism and it is AMAZING.

A+ would read again.

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Thyflesh

N00b
I think that Sieger is going to have an awesome guild that stays stable for a very long time. I respect the hell out of him and every officer there.

By the way if you cared about the guild your complaints would revolve around my playtime because nobody is going to fill that hole. The loot is temporary. You needing an officer that isn’t afk and cares about the members first is hard to find.

My only complaint is that you left the guild. Everyone enjoyed your company and it sounds like you recognized that we needed you. That being said, I have no ill will toward you nor do I really care about the items you got. Sorry for my outburst... I'm sad to see you go though. As you said, Faceless will be fine. Best of luck in all things.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>

Cool thanks.

Here's what I have so far:

Amtrak Reward Medal.jpg

Now I just have to medalize it!

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Update:

We went through everything XP related, and can confirm the Selo XP rate/increase is there and working for both regular XP and AAXP.

The likely main cause of frustration when comparing to the other servers is that there is a behind-the-scenes AAXP bonus applied to AA experience based on 1) how many AA you have, and 2) what expansions have been released. This bonus only begins when PoP releases, so Selo simply doesn't have it (yet).

(Also causing frustration is that AA is classically slow at the start.)

We are looking at how this and other XP-related factors map onto Selo's expansion cadence, with the feedback re: slowness in mind, to see if/what changes might make sense for the life of the server.

Sorry for the delay in getting this info out.

So not sure what to say. I can't give hard data on what I was getting in luclin on agnarr. And I can only test agnarr atm @ level 60 with PoP open.

Torok

Trakanon Raider
My only complaint is that you left the guild. Everyone enjoyed your company and it sounds like you recognized that we needed you. That being said, I have no ill will toward you nor do I really care about the items you got. Sorry for my outburst... I'm sad to see you go though. As you said, Faceless will be fine. Best of luck in all things.

Aww you removed your names from your signature, don't worry buddy.

• 1Salty

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Fucking Soo-neg!

giphy (7).gif

LoL, jk... hey the man wants to join #1! Can't fault someone for wanting to be the best.

Nice work LLR... it's hilarious and looks damn good but the people have spoken.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
As for a_skeleton_03--as I said to you in a DM earlier I really appreciate the work you put in and there's no ill will.
I truly think you have a great guild and great people and great leadership.

I was led astray, not by you, and I don't have a specific spot that works out great in Faceless. If they go back to their old ways I quit EQ for life.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So AA exp is fine in DBG opinion. Linked dev post above. They say it "Seems" slow because we don't have some now explained PoP AA exp boost.

I don't have anything but shoddy memory of exact exp I was gettign in luclin on agnarr, but I will say it feels slow on selo considering its exp rate + anni bonus. Maybe someone has hard data they can show that refutes DBG statements, but atm its all "Feel" from players.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So AA exp is fine in DBG opinion. Linked dev post above. They say it "Seems" slow because we don't have some now explained PoP AA exp boost.

I don't have anything but shoddy memory of exact exp I was gettign in luclin on agnarr, but I will say it feels slow on selo considering its exp rate + anni bonus. Maybe someone has hard data they can show that refutes DBG statements, but atm its all "Feel" from players.

Watch them suddenly realized they were wrong when the March EXP bonus is over... Either thinking they can sell more EXP pots that way or pure ineptitude...

• 1Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
These servers might actually be fun, and might actually draw non-aspies if it wasn't such a retarded race. This whole "hurry your ass off using whatever means available and get to Emp/AHR/InsertBossHere with people still wearing Banded and/or having empty slots...

I mean, I totally get that's the TLP way and how it's been done for the past few years yall have had these TLP races, but...that's not playing EQ, man.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
These servers might actually be fun, and might actually draw non-aspies if it wasn't such a retarded race. This whole "hurry your ass off using whatever means available and get to Emp/AHR/InsertBossHere with people still wearing Banded and/or having empty slots...

I mean, I totally get that's the TLP way and how it's been done for the past few years yall have had these TLP races, but...that's not playing EQ, man.

But how does that race affect people not racing? There's no reason, if there was interest, you couldn't join a guild that isn't racing or take exping more slowly. If you join a racing guild, yeah, expect to race. More casual guilds do exist. Agnarr was full of them and had race oriented guilds.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

alavaz

Trakanon Raider

I did a strictly instance guild on Phinny and still had tons of fun. We beat everything before each xpac was over and had plenty of loot to go around.