Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So little info. Where is the drama? Wtf, i'm hitting refresh every few hours and this is all I get.

It was altered minds that woke it, and apparently the only drama was from within their own guild as people got upset it was awoken(most likely upset they wern't taken) and left.

But GJ I say, now everyone can go farm some avatar weapons easily.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
It was altered minds that woke it, and apparently the only drama was from within their own guild as people got upset it was awoken(most likely upset they wern't taken) and left.

But GJ I say, now everyone can go farm some avatar weapons easily.
I heard that that it was just a casual off night raid on top of all that.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why the RSS hate? lol

It's a casual, competent, non-zerg raiding guild with about 50 people and killing AoW, Seru, and everything in Ssra except Emp (still need keys). Most chill guild I've been in for those of us crusty veterans who don't want batphone EQ server #357.

Vedette

<Donor>
Sounds to me like clique activity. No wonder people left.

I don't know of a single person who left that was in the guild, day 1. As far as I know a few RI people who came over late, or people who migrated from other guilds that just joined.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why the RSS hate? lol

It's a casual, competent, non-zerg raiding guild with about 50 people and killing AoW, Seru, and everything in Ssra except Emp (still need keys). Most chill guild I've been in for those of us crusty veterans who don't want batphone EQ server #357.

agree, I ran with them on one of the prog servers and really enjoyed myself. It's a solid choice if you don't want to chase OW targets, enjoy playing with competent people, and I think they are running loot council too (which is a huge plus imo)

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Every loot council guild turns into someone's wife/girlfriend getting awarded gear they didn't earn to keep the main tank husband from leaving.

With a nice helping of "lets funnel gear to this shitter because she talks in a hooker voice and I pray she isn't a 200 lb swamp moose"

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
I guess it comes down to the guild/loot council. I've always had great experiences with it pretty much as long as I've played EQ, granted my personal pixel lust isn't as strong as a lot of people's and if i'm being honest i was usually in the right clique to get showered with loot if i wanted to anyway.

I just prefer loot council because it does function to keep people from getting retarded stuff over people that could get more use out of it if ran correctly, while also funneling gear to the key players/classes early in expansions in order to maximize the actual guild strength, as opposed to rewarding some dude that shows up and does 50% the dps of someone else, or the cleric who's there but misses his CH occasionally because taco bell delivery guy got there mid fight, etc.

• 1Like

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
I loved loot council in my WoW mythic guild in Legion, we'd literally just link our gear, and while we technically made the decision as officers, the whole guild would usually come to a quick consensus about who needed the item more and would get the biggest upgrade from it. We'd process a whole boss in like 2-3 minutes then keep rolling. The big reasons I'm always skeptical of loot council in EQ guilds though is:

1. They are huge in size, which makes LC much harder to do fairly.
2. EQ itemization is goofy/shitty especially in early eras and harder to easily make appropriate decisions on.
3. EQ guilds in general are far more corrupt than the average WoW mythic guild
4. EQ players in general are far more ignorant of their own game's mechanics than WoW mythic players, so being able to quickly evaluate stuff is less likely.
5. EQ guilds in general have a far higher % of autistic players who reee out over the slightest Loot Council decision they dislike.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I liked loot council too, but once you introduce split raiding and have batphoned off hour snipes with skeleton crews I no longer want it. You simply need the stability of a point system. I will contend that even for this selo race which was the epitome of needing funneled loot and a council system got used, we were always in more danger of loss due to drama and jealousy than of undergeared racers.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've always had bad luck wtih LC. Could get lucky and get guilds that do it almost 100% properly and the rest of the guild is actually onboard. But usually it always leads to the most drama of any loot system, because it's impossible to remove the human element, where feelings, friendships, relationships, cliques etc all come into play.

Sterling

El Presidente
Problem with loot council is perception. Even if the people in charge of the loot really are trying to be fair an unbiased, other people won't always see it that way. Any loot system is going to have some issues and gamers being gamers will try and game the system and min/max. It's fine and all systems require some amount of the people involved being non retards.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This guild has been on multiple TLP and they always LC without dramas.

Hell, anecdotally.. my 2nd raid I got a KT belt, 3rd raid I got HP Ssra shield - all as being a noobie to these guys. Can't call favoritism. The officers are probably the least geared in the guild. Solid experience so far.

#1 appeal so far is raiding with 50 or less people and not thinning loot across a million half AFK DKP hoarders.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Loot council is much like communism... it only works in small communities. The larger the guild gets, the more need to move to a DKP system. If the guild remains small and relatively tight-nit, then LC is a far better choice. I would be interested to see how well the LC guilds work when they are forced to grow by 50% to effectively raid in PoP.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Loot council is much like communism... it only works in small communities. The larger the guild gets, the more need to move to a DKP system. If the guild remains small and relatively tight-nit, then LC is a far better choice. I would be interested to see how well the LC guilds work when they are forced to grow by 50% to effectively raid in PoP.

In your fist part, i agree. The comment about forced to grow 50% for PoP, I wholeheartedly disagree.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
The high level of 'tism on TLPs kind of forces guilds to go to DKP.

ImI'm a big fan of LC cause even if your RA isnt 100% but you help the guild out in other ways through grouping/camping, you can get rewarded instead of losing out cause someone hoarded DKP.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Hard to say how the server will work out, but part of my philosophy for Selo is based on what I've seen go down on other servers. The guilds that were comfortably doing Luclin content with 50ish, tended to have to figure out how to do PoP with 40ish, and it never really got better until they find themselves doing Anguish with like 25 people--which is still viable if everyone boxes, but it tends to cycle downward and downward. Most of the time the size of your guild the first month of a TLP is the biggest it will ever be, for better/worse.