Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Does this put Selo's exp rate on par with FV's (relative to era)? That's not bad at all. The exp rate will jump in GoD and jump even more in TSS (to what FV is now). More likely to stick with the server if that's the case.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
The way I read it, when Selo hits TSS our "base" rate will be Live, and we'll also have a perpetual +50% bonus, which means it will be FV speed. I actually think XP rate is fine for the amount of AA you really need going forward, until probably level 80-85. In that level range they started to really up the number of AAs you need to grind, but they didn't massively up the raw XP you could get. Those expansions will be very hard to get "appropriate" numbers of AA in 4 weeks time, even at FV xp rate.

Vise

Molten Core Raider
Just to be clear with the "drama" with the sleeper since people like to spread rumors. I reached out to both Siegar and Grisvok to see what they wanted to do with it.
Siegar said he preferred it to be woken, and Grisvok said he was going to wake it asap, he said he would have the night the servers crashed. I proposed to leave it up until Game of thrones to him but he did not bite. at the end of the day we farmed keys so we could get our high %RA's raiders some Avatar weapons. Being my first time in 1.0 sleepers i had no idea you do not get many avatar weapons until 2.0.

- It was a off night raid ( we farmed most of our keys on off nights too)
- we had 3 people who left over it who all three had been to two raids or less including a guy who joined us the night before.
- it was not a clique we took out highest % raiders. including people who just joined us on this server.

With the knowledge that amtrak was going to wake it is was in our best interest as a guild to go ahead and take the last dragons loot and get the avatar weapons we went for that night.

@ethria Good luck with those apps. Should be a good fit for faceless.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Keep a record of who won gnome mask(s) and/or sceptre(s) of destruction. Inform the owners that it's nothing personal but if one ever goes up for sale they will be required to prove ownership and will be kicked and even reported to daybreak if they can't.

Chances are the people who won them are decent players. Keep tabs anyway.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
TFW people don't realize you can buy Gnome Masks and SoDs off a vendor in like ~14 months on Selo.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Been flip flopping over this for months, XP change tipped me in favor of starting up again.

Still not sure what I want to do for 2nd box, Cleric for sure on first. Never did any healing past 40ish, so might as well give it a go for my last TLP.

Really didn't want to spend money on this, but I may be in the market for a couple krono to get some leveling gear, if anyone selling them. Or I'll say fuck it and go hardcore naked/VendorGear for a change.

Sterling

El Presidente
Been flip flopping over this for months, XP change tipped me in favor of starting up again.

Still not sure what I want to do for 2nd box, Cleric for sure on first. Never did any healing past 40ish, so might as well give it a go for my last TLP.

Really didn't want to spend money on this, but I may be in the market for a couple krono to get some leveling gear, if anyone selling them. Or I'll say fuck it and go hardcore naked/VendorGear for a change.
Lack of gear was actually pretty interesting. My mage had like 6 or 7 empties and a full set of summoned focus gear when we killed Aten. Mass Modrod literally took like 80 percent of a manabar.

• 1Like

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
There were mages I knew who actually couldn't cast mass mod rod when they first scribed the spell due to it costing more than their current maximum mana.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xeris

Trakanon Raider
As someone who was in Rusty Dagger on Agnarr, I can attest to LC working great. The officers had a pretty detailed spreadsheet where they tracked all loot, and pretty much every expansion every active main raider got equal amounts of loot.

LC is awesome and allowed us to kill stuff quick. We finished near the top of every expansion and almost always raided with less than the top guilds. I never really experienced DKP because Agnarr was my first time seriously playing EQ and I was in the guild from Day 1, so I never had any negative LC stigma. Only positive things to say about those guys. If I was playing Selos that's where I'd be!

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Wild, my super original forum name is available. Cynical Alkieshakes the cleric, hopefully in the near future not healing your group.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think daybreak is starting to realize that maybe they don't want the p99 crowd and would rather have the adults with jobs that buy lots of potions and shit. They changed both servers from what they announced and they are still making updates to them. I applaud the direction that they are heading now.

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
This guy ...

ThisGuyVelks.png

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
Looks like someone who knows that gear isn’t doing fuck all for a level 45 mage anyways. I’d play with him.

I understand folks that like to pay for power levels or even go out and purchase extra laptops so that they can have a group to themselves. Expecting other players to carry you through the game ... makes me ask "Why are you even playing at all?"

• 1Picard