Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
are they though? for your "normal" guild maybe but for the top guilds, you've still got a ton of open world spawns to fight over plus the AOC timers get cut in half, which would make it comperable to a normal 2month unlock if you're keeping it dead which surely at least Amtrak and Faceless will..

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Just keep in mind they blow nuts while leveling.

That's why you sign up for a premade, get assigned the group with Mage/Mage/Necro/Beastlord and take your taunt key off the hotbar. Why drive when you can be driven?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
YEah I signed up with Amtrack last night. Hope to see some of you fools in game.

Now im not doing any of that silly 24/7 shit, but hopefully some of us on the same page can group up nightly and play for reasonable times, like 6-8 hrs.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Luclin is where Rangers start to really come online and they're top top tier in Planes of Power. They're great.

In SoL Rangers are the best DPS once you get EQ/AM3 until the day GoD drops. Then they're a middle of the pack DPS class that's fun to play, with god tier solo capabilites if you have top end gear. But you won't ever top a parse again because their burn discs suck

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
are they though? for your "normal" guild maybe but for the top guilds, you've still got a ton of open world spawns to fight over plus the AOC timers get cut in half, which would make it comperable to a normal 2month unlock if you're keeping it dead which surely at least Amtrak and Faceless will..

Still less spawns than a two month lockout biggest reason are keying not leveling is what takes the most time and also a big part of the reason gear was so plentiful is split raiding which is hard to do early in an expac because the boxes need keys and all that and the mains and tanks having in era gear helps a ton.

I bet it is going to work out to about half the in era loot of like phinny. double lockouts also will mean more final zone gear but less time to be going back and doing the tier below or old expac content which is what a lot of the boxes used to keep their gear up.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
More reasonable than 24/7 lol. Im an old man now, my body cannot take that shit.

• 1Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I still have a few weeks, maybe I can salvage up a spare PC from the old parts I have and run a 2 box crew.

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That's why you sign up for a premade, get assigned the group with Mage/Mage/Necro/Beastlord and take your taunt key off the hotbar. Why drive when you can be driven?

Don't be that guy! A certain TL ranger is the biggest reason I joined the guild too. Your class sucks but theres some hope... Make yourself the tank, puller, or both.

• 1Like

yerm

this server wont have the prenerf guise/cos/fungi staff n shit right? ;_;

My understanding is they are basically "turned on" and then disable after x time. The problem is if they are on or off.

My guess is with droga force-reverted the pre nerf cos should be in (post nerf in fm still). The rest are who knows. They may even say they are in and screw that up.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
What would be the best class to play if you're a lazy player who wants to be capable of both grouping and soloing with at least some modicum of worth/efficiency. I played a bard on Agnarr (my main class when I originally played EQ) and learned I no longer liked to pull like I did back in the day. Maybe if I make a monk and name him Wontpull Dontevenask?

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I would say ranger is one of the better lazy classes. Good solo by this era and also good in groups Necro and mage will be good in groups for this initial leveling push because pets are amazing 1-60 but then they are two of the worst group classes unless charming (which is the polar opposite of lazy)for the remainder of the server.

Thing is for the initial leveling push the only good solo classes are necro and enchanter, other classes will join them as good solo by pop. And by good I mean you could solo and get something north of half the xp you would be getting in a decent group.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I would say ranger is one of the better lazy classes. Good solo by this era and also good in groups Necro and mage will be good in groups for this initial leveling push because pets are amazing 1-60 but then they are two of the worst group classes for the remainder of the server.

Thats why I never took to casters. At leasst with melee, you always have more gear to make you stronger, but with casters youre only as good as your spells, and focus, which pretty much everyone has the same shit. At least thats the way I think about it.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
this server wont have the prenerf guise/cos/fungi staff n shit right? ;_;

Per-nerf guise will be available for the first ~125 days of the server. A dev confirmed a year or 2 ago that it is based on the start of a server, and is not tied to any particular expansion. The 125 days is approximate based on the past few TLPs they have launched.

cos & fungi staff are tied to Kunark, but I am not sure if they are tied in a similar way to the guise. My guess would be that they will be available for a short time, but I am not 100% positive about this. It would be ~60 days if they are available.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
What would be the best class to play if you're a lazy player who wants to be capable of both grouping and soloing with at least some modicum of worth/efficiency. I played a bard on Agnarr (my main class when I originally played EQ) and learned I no longer liked to pull like I did back in the day. Maybe if I make a monk and name him Wontpull Dontevenask?

Wizard? No one notices an AFK wizard. Just dump your Mana every few pulls.

Or magician perhaps, but its a bit more noticeable if you're not sending pet vs not nuking.

• 1Like

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Wizard? No one notices an AFK wizard. Just dump your Mana every few pulls.

Or magician perhaps, but its a bit more noticeable if you're not sending pet vs not nuking.
Wizard is hot garbage in groups though unless you’re AOEing. I mean ya no one notices you afk cause your dps is trash. They also aren’t good solo until tss when mana regen gets its buff. Mage is bad solo in this era too because we will have the pet hp nerfs and defense nerfs

Sterling

El Presidente
If CoS and Fungi aren't available initially, they'll be available with Noble venders eventually. The melee/caster thing is going to be interesting. Real early on casters will have an advantage due to less dependence on gear but this server starts relatively close the the 65-75 era where the TLP game turns into Meleequest. It's real shitty being a caster in that range.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Whats the guild break down? Never heard of Amtrak. Did Faceless for a few months on some server, were pretty good dudes imo.

Guise being in makes Iksar monk / necro pretty sexy.

Might do a 3 box necro / monk / shm.

• 1Like

yerm

Beastlord gets a nice distinction of being always good at soloing, stacks pretty well in raids, and is usually ok in groups. Shaman similar boat, imo a slightly better group but less raid-stacking deal here. Not sure how lazy you want though. These are the "always good at all 3 aspects in all eras" classes, imo.

• 1Like