Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you are worried about lack of time, this is the one to do it with all the buffs to shit. They even named it selo.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
You charge them 1/kr a month. If they want to top the charts they will pay.

I had people toss multiple kronos into my trade window for fero priority on raids. I honestly never accepted anything from anyone.

I picked the dps that could do the best work for those fights unless I specifically didn't like them. Then fuck them.

I set up a hotkey bar with 5 keys for the folks I'd want on my rotation. Just a simple /target *** and /cast 8 to save a few clicks.

As for dps in the luclin/pop you will never be top dog but I was able to break into the top 10 on quite a few fights on agnarr. Then openly mock any real dps class that got beat. Like certain monks in VT.

Edit: The lack of any type of agro drop in luclin/pop for beastlords is the real killer. I'd have to tone down my output a ton or I'd pull agro so damn quick and explode. I pretty much died every single damn emp fight since my pet did full damage to him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
god help me, this should be launching right after my free month of ff14 ends.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Fuck, if Gavin is playing then I'm definitely out. :deathwalker:

• 1Worf

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Something I wanted to bring up to everyone is how this server's previously unseen starting point of Luclin changes some of the classes. Unlike a Classic start we'll be able to buy (and research) spells from Kunark, Velious and Luclin and have access to some of those spells during leveling. Paladins, for example, change quite a bit. In the early levels you're looking at

Cease PAL/7 1: Stun (1.00 sec/55) 15 mana
Desist PAL/13 1: Stun (2.50 sec/55) 25 mana
Instrument of Nife PAL/26 1: Add Proc: Condemnation of Nife 50 mana
Valor of Marr PAL/44 1: Increase Attack Speed by 25% 300 mana

Condemnation of Nife gives you a scaling 180+ damage proc versus undead. Combined with the stuns you've got the tools necessary to wreck undead and lock down casters. Unrest, Mistmoore, Lower Guk, etc are all way less dangerous for the Paladin. Festering Hags explode to Instrument of Nife.

Not everyone is a big winner but there's some other useful bits to be had. Enchanters get Breeze at 14, Druids have group versions of their HP buffs, Necromancers can slow undead, Shaman get a group SoW with a baked in +attack buff, Shadow Knights get an upgrade to Vampiric Embrace (huzzah) and Clerics have access to more of their efficient heal over time spells. It's useful stuff. For the RMT degenerates there is going to be a fortune to made selling even "common" dropped Kunark and Velious spells.

Magicians are going to be incredibly strong at the open for the following reasons -

Summon Linen Mantle MAG/8 1: Summon Item: Tavee's Linen Mantle 40 Mana
Summon Tarnished Bauble MAG/10 1: Summon Item: Jolum's Tarnished Bauble 40 Mana
Summon Tiny Ring MAG/16 1: Summon Item: Naki's Tiny Ring 40 Mana
Summon Jade Bracelet MAG/20 1: Summon Item: Gallenite's Jade Bracelet 40 Mana

Each of these summons creates a piece of temporary equipment with a focus effect and some minor status.

Shoulders = Extended Enhancemnt
Earring = Mana Preservation
Ring = Spell Haste
Bracelet = Improved Damage

Higher level versions of those spells provide foci that scale up to level 60. Get used to wearing this bad boy -

gall.png

Magicians also can summon full suits of temporary leather, chain and plate armor as they level up so the tanks in their groups can at least cover their shame. When you combine all that with their good damage and excellent pet I'd want one in any launch group.

Luclin isn't in my personal wheelhouse (at all) but I wanted to get people thinking about how this was different from a Vanilla start TLP beyond just leveling zones. The classes you are interested in and the classes you dismissed may have additional merits you hadn't considered. I've got a hunch that in terms of pure efficiency always pulling all the time kinda groups that Beastlords are going to prove very strong. They just do a whole bunch of stuff you typically want done in that situation.

• 14Like
Reactions: 13 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
The REAL question is: what class is good for all 27(?) expansions??!??!

Some one please make a chart of every class and their power rankings for both grouping AND raiding AND soloing for all expansions. Thanks.

• 1Worf

Sterling

El Presidente
The REAL question is: what class is good for all 27(?) expansions??!??!

Some one please make a chart of every class and their power rankings for both grouping AND raiding AND soloing for all expansions. Thanks.
Not going to make a chart, but SK and Shaman are pretty much the 2 main classes that are literally amazing in every era.

• 1Like

Vedette

<Donor>
That sounds oddly fun to me. How do you decide who to cast on. Or do you just rotate through all the melee dps?

You find a shaman with a dps box, or dps friend, and trade avatar for fero first of all. All other recipients are based on sexual favors.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Cleric. The answer is always Cleric.

Mokay :) . No seriously, what would one play for the whole gig if you do not want to multibox or better just play one char? I am thinking Druid for kiting, some healing in groups/raids and utility.

I quit 2004 after gates of discord and I have no idea what happened with the game thereafter.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
So speaking as someone who hasn't seriously played EQ in probably almost 10 years, what's the optimal leveling path (zone wise) for Selo? Or does it even matter?