Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
coin will not have weight,

Oh fuck. I remember dropping money to stay below the AC loss weight limit for monks. This might JUST sell it to me.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would seriously be amazed if Mangler's population was more than like 20 percent of the other server's. Literally only classic diehards want that shit

I like the idea of mangler but just don't have the time to commit to it and no one we play with wants to which means DOA for me. With classic WoW up next and PoE being so good I dont have time for a 2-3 year server.

Sterling

El Presidente
I like the idea of mangler but just don't have the time to commit to it and no one we play with wants to which means DOA for me. With classic WoW up next and PoE being so good I dont have time for a 2-3 year server.
Yeah. I'm not as against Classic as some of the other guys, but 3 month expansions is kind of brutal until later on when there's way more shit to do.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm fine skipping classic or keeping it with 1 month unlocks. Even for a super casual like me, classic just can't keep my attention that long.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I want to play on Selo's, I just don't want to play with the other people that are going to want to play on Selo's.

• 1Worf

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Honestly think selo's will be a pretty great fit for me... gets me into doing fresh prog server content as I always burn out by the end of velious on these things, gives super casual me the ability to actually cap a character and get meaningful AA's in a small amount of play time, and the faster raid resets mean that with my weird (probably be playing like monday-weds nights) schedule I should still be able to raid whatever the current end game zone is as opposed to being perpetually locked into the weekend clears that most guilds would lean toward on the 7 day schedule

I probably won't be playing or playing much at launch but would anticipate being able to get started around by early May which is fine with me as PoP is greatly superior to Luclin anyway

At a minimum it should be a fun distraction for whenever I'm able to play while waiting on WoW Classic to casual it up there (Hopefully that is still tuesday resets?!??!?!)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
All these things are is moneysinks for me since my playtime basically equates to buying krono, getting PP and buying shit others farm.

Plus most foks, including many here, have these fucking prog servers down to a fucking science. Where to be what level, and what to farm for best returns.

• 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So they launch this thing literally on the day my two week vacation starts, may need to check it out. What's the xp going to be like? "Double that of Ragefire" doesn't mean anything to me since I didn't play those at release. Coirnav I burned out on at level 15 so if it's anything like that I won't even bother. Slow XP rate + old school EQ downtime is just not something I want to do again.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
All these things are is moneysinks for me since my playtime basically equates to buying krono, getting PP and buying shit others farm.

Plus most foks, including many here, have these fucking prog servers down to a fucking science. Where to be what level, and what to farm for best returns.

Early game efficient path might change with so many areas opened up at start.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So they launch this thing literally on the day my two week vacation starts, may need to check it out. What's the xp going to be like? "Double that of Ragefire" doesn't mean anything to me since I didn't play those at release. Coirnav I burned out on at level 15 so if it's anything like that I won't even bother. Slow XP rate + old school EQ downtime is just not something I want to do again.

Coirnav/Phinny are a lot slower than Agnarr which is slower than Lockjaw/Ragefire. Lockjaw/Ragefire with what amounts to a 100% exp holiday going on all the time is approaching Live server exp rates.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They said its close to live. With a 50% pot going, might even match or surpass it.

It's odd they can't just give specifics in a form of % when compare to live.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
During Luclin was the Ranger good times right? With the proper AAs AM3 and quiver thing they were doing some proper deeps, right?

Sterling

El Presidente
Honestly think selo's will be a pretty great fit for me... gets me into doing fresh prog server content as I always burn out by the end of velious on these things, gives super casual me the ability to actually cap a character and get meaningful AA's in a small amount of play time, and the faster raid resets mean that with my weird (probably be playing like monday-weds nights) schedule I should still be able to raid whatever the current end game zone is as opposed to being perpetually locked into the weekend clears that most guilds would lean toward on the 7 day schedule

I probably won't be playing or playing much at launch but would anticipate being able to get started around by early May which is fine with me as PoP is greatly superior to Luclin anyway

At a minimum it should be a fun distraction for whenever I'm able to play while waiting on WoW Classic to casual it up there (Hopefully that is still tuesday resets?!??!?!)
I feel like TLP PoP is vastly overrated and that Luclin is a better expansion experience. People also always want to shit on GoD, but it's probably the best expansion on TLP that I've played and Phinny is on SoD at this point.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

3-4x Coirnav

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Optimal level path will not be the same and the classic route will actually be very bad after level 30.

The faster the xp is, the more optimal it is to just kill stuff and not slow for upgrades or shopping. Just dropping in a limitless-kill outdoor spot with low travel or contention can beat out a higher zem dungeon that requires movement, prep, and/or trains.

If I do a premade, my vote will be to just faceroll grimlings to at least 45 and then vt key camps to 60, no dungeons, dsp and ms keys only potential distraction. Hollowshade and grimling forest for example are endless, scale well, eas, nearby vendors, and high cash. Other places will have higher xp per kill, but why waste a half hour migrating to higher zem paradise only to outlevel it in an hour or two?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users