Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Truebox rules state no VMs. I'm assuming they have some process running looking for an active hypervisor. A few people got accidentally temp banned just for having workstation running, not even running the game on an active VM.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
shouldnt be posting which VMs work lol, you know the eq forum lurkers are gonna go link this forum, again and cry! =p

Vithe

Hardcore Casual
Voldeth Voldeth If you have multiple PCs/Laptops available to you then I think the best thing is to setup nVidia streaming. You can use an open source program called Moonlight to run the EQ client on your PC from another PC. You can alt tab between characters and it works great. I use it all the time.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My goodness, never been so proud of a post in my life. @Risikio was BilboFaggins on here this Locnar dude cannot be fucking real

Voldeth Voldeth Oracle VMWare or something along those lines is what i used to use. With proper settings its almost like just having multiple EQ windows open like back on live.

Him being Risikio makes a LOT of sense. Also answers the question of "what would this ignorant blowhard be like around less moderation?" Locnar I assume is the same name on the daybreak forums, and equally out of touch with awful ideas (if less spam) there too.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I'm in. Leaning mangler.

Probably gonna be a cleric or possibly chanter. I used to 5 box 5 clerics to carry my guild on the wings of my rotation, so I have stupid cleric experience.

Curious to see how much 15 years of booze and brain damage has slowed me.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Him being Risikio makes a LOT of sense. Also answers the question of "what would this ignorant blowhard be like around less moderation?" Locnar I assume is the same name on the daybreak forums, and equally out of touch with awful ideas (if less spam) there too.
Locnar basically wants DBG to create a P99 type server that will somehow get the niche p99 people to pay a sub and ditch their p99 characters because it's stamped as official. Which he thinks will be a viable enough population that they'd do it over the normal type TLPs.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
shouldnt be posting which VMs work lol, you know the eq forum lurkers are gonna go link this forum, again and cry! =p

Bro everything I post anywhere including Discord is stalked and posted 24/7, who gives a fuck this is EQ degenerates

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Locnar basically wants DBG to create a P99 type server that will somehow get the niche p99 people to pay a sub and ditch their p99 characters because it's stamped as official. Which he thinks will be a viable enough population that they'd do it over the normal type TLPs.

More or less yes. Or at least resurrect Alkabor the EQmac server.

I'm just a die hard classicist from the very old MUD and compuserv late 1980s days and miss old EQ. I can and will defend any of old EQs game design systems and explain why they worked and were integral. But this thread is about starting on Selo's so i'll exit it now and hope you all have fun with it. I'll save further posting for the New Hope (Pantheon) thread and more general EQ threads.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Voldeth Voldeth If you have multiple PCs/Laptops available to you then I think the best thing is to setup nVidia streaming. You can use an open source program called Moonlight to run the EQ client on your PC from another PC. You can alt tab between characters and it works great. I use it all the time.
This sounds awesome. I'll give it a whirl.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Everyone forgets about Steam streaming and it works exactly like this without any hassle at all.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Bro everything I post anywhere including Discord is stalked and posted 24/7, who gives a fuck this is EQ degenerates

So you use like the seamless mode to alt tab? i tried that before but it bugged out on me.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Everyone forgets about Steam streaming and it works exactly like this without any hassle at all.

Have you done that recently? I've used Steam streaming in the past for other games and I had more than a few stability issues, but it's been a number of years.

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
Steam stream is real annoying to use like 75% of the time.Other 25% of the time it works great tho

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I have been having the most annoying time trying to figure out what I want to play on Selos.

I have a great 3 box set up at the moment. Leaning towards starting with enchanter, mage and druid at launch. Then once at level 60 and established level up my proper raid main character, probably ranger or beastlord.

I keep looking at the laptop deals online trying to convince myself I need a new laptop for work trips so I add another box to the mix and bring another mage to the party.

I need an intervention.

Needless

Toe Sucker
It doesn't matter what you choose bro, you're one of the michael jordans of EQ

yeeeet

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Jordan’s and Pumps are the GEBs and Seru Boots of EQ.

You either wear pumps

Or beg to pump mine you Jordache wearing pleb.

121F1448-79CC-4F30-A602-D666968984C7.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I tried steam streaming, it was rough going. Lots of stutters and iirc screens would constantly switch or change resolution. I think I ended up using multiplicity. It was still kind of wonky, nothing like having a 2nd PC right there to control or just being able to have 2 off one PC.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>

Yeah let them whine but I am not going to stop it or ask people to edit their posts.

I won’t allow hacks to be posted or links to them because I am not going to scan them for Trojans.

• 1Like