Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Just curious, might a lot of people got hit by a ban wave or something? I've noticed lots of elemental named up for longer periods of time than normal lately?

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ele named sitting up a bit longer would be pretty unconnected, can easily kill all that with a skeleton crew anyway. We just are starting to see most of that stuff go to like 3rd alts already so not a ton of desire to keep grinding that stuff.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The bans seem to have hit especially hard on truebox violations. I assume mq2/hacking is a common overlap, but my guess is vms or automation were the major focus.

Sucks for people who let someone dirty box their character. I know at least a couple people who I am confident play clean but let someone use their character, eg for an expansion launch race. Our best geared cleric for one.

As for elemental minis sitting up, that's actually due to a bonus weekend. If people are running xp pots and farming increased rares there is less incentive to batphone for a low number of targets unless a competitor is gonna snipe them, so they sit until enough are up for a raid call to be productive. I'm sure am and faceless feel similar about letting their folks enjoy a bonus event without awkward interruptions.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
The bans seem to have hit especially hard on truebox violations. I assume mq2/hacking is a common overlap, but my guess is vms or automation were the major focus.

Sucks for people who let someone dirty box their character. I know at least a couple people who I am confident play clean but let someone use their character, eg for an expansion launch race. Our best geared cleric for one.

As for elemental minis sitting up, that's actually due to a bonus weekend. If people are running xp pots and farming increased rares there is less incentive to batphone for a low number of targets unless a competitor is gonna snipe them, so they sit until enough are up for a raid call to be productive. I'm sure am and faceless feel similar about letting their folks enjoy a bonus event without awkward interruptions.
Ya, lots of accounts got hit because of account sharing. Share your account with the wrong person...bye bye EQ for 7-21 days.

Mabbu

<Banned>
All cases of the recent suspension/ban waves can be traced back to players using MQ2 on a Truebox / TLP server.

MQ2 was coded to not allow it to run on Truebox / TLP servers. However some players/coders have found ways around this naturally over time, which is why you see a small community of users still utilizing MQ2-like functions in game, but not really in mass. For some the fix was a software re-write of some of MQ2's auth-method, these users have been unaffected by the recent suspensions/bans...however...for the lazy MQ2 junkies out there the method that is used to trick MQ2 into thinking it is launching on the Fippy Darkpaw server through a small memory edit is the method that got everyone tagged for suspensions here. It was a careless "fix" that up until now has gone unpunished by daybreak, but clearly it was easy to identify.

Now that daybreak has picked up on this, I expect MQ2 usage to drop sharp for a while on TLPs except fo those that actually took the time and care to re-code certain components of it ... until the cheaters figure out how to get their hands on a more permanent, and untraceable method of using it.

I feel bad not only for the people who shared accounts and got hit...but I feel bad for the guys who are not coders who were handed a copy of MQ from their buddy Venun and Grisvok and didn't realize they were using some cheap parlor trick version of MQ2 that was going to get all of their accounts and all of their friends accounts banned.

Miss you boys :emoji_vulcan::emoji_v:

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck the MQ'ers, Hackers, and 18-boxers. Permanently delete the bums.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

yerm

All cases of the recent suspension/ban waves can be traced back to players using MQ2 on a Truebox / TLP server.

MQ2 was coded to not allow it to run on Truebox / TLP servers. However some players/coders have found ways around this naturally over time, which is why you see a small community of users still utilizing MQ2-like functions in game, but not really in mass. For some the fix was a software re-write of some of MQ2's auth-method, these users have been unaffected by the recent suspensions/bans...however...for the lazy MQ2 junkies out there the method that is used to trick MQ2 into thinking it is launching on the Fippy Darkpaw server through a small memory edit is the method that got everyone tagged for suspensions here. It was a careless "fix" that up until now has gone unpunished by daybreak, but clearly it was easy to identify.

Now that daybreak has picked up on this, I expect MQ2 usage to drop sharp for a while on TLPs except fo those that actually took the time and care to re-code certain components of it ... until the cheaters figure out how to get their hands on a more permanent, and untraceable method of using it.

I feel bad not only for the people who shared accounts and got hit...but I feel bad for the guys who are not coders who were handed a copy of MQ from their buddy Venun and Grisvok and didn't realize they were using some cheap parlor trick version of MQ2 that was going to get all of their accounts and all of their friends accounts banned.

Miss you boys :emoji_vulcan::emoji_v:

It's like you can't manage to post without obvious signs of choking from gris' dick still in your throat...

The most visible bans in amtrak seem to go right back to RI and those folks who played with you on coirnav. It's particularly obvious where we have guys that 21dayed on some accounts and skated by on others, eg drill, and unsurprisingly the common theme is if you and yours didn't touch it they survived (eg his rogue and the guildbank).

Not a shred of doubt left in my mind between your doxxing and now the RI-spiderwebbed suspensions that you and your guild were dirty. I like some of you, I really do, but shit man it's hard not to notice that RI and suspension went hand in hand here.

Fuck the MQ'ers, Hackers, and 18-boxers. Permanently delete the bums.

Part of me agrees, but I also saw people I know were clean get knocked because they account shared and that I'm not as sold on. I'd like if dbg dropped a formal warning to stop sharing accounts OR ELSE and then circled back on this. I have no doubt people will be way more cautious about who they share with in the future though - I sure will.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I'd like if dbg dropped a formal warning to stop sharing accounts OR ELSE and then circled back on this.
I don't think it had anything to do with the account sharing and I think DBG legit doesn't care about that. It was account sharing on a PC that had some shady stuff on it and I would put large amounts of money on that.

yerm

I don't think it had anything to do with the account sharing and I think DBG legit doesn't care about that. It was account sharing on a PC that had some shady stuff on it and I would put large amounts of money on that.

Oh I don't think anyone was banned for account sharing. I think people were banned because someone they shared their account with did something bannable and dbg hit every account they touched.

Remember when I let you use my coirnav account for potential cleric epic mq? Same account yerm is on for selo. If hypothetically you were some hack running vm abusing kronolord, I could be staring at at a 21 day because you logged into it. Well, turns out some of the folks who shared during races shared with such players and are now suspended for it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vedette

<Donor>
I haven't played since pop launch, but I should check my accounts. I ran two VM's: one for showeq, and another for a box.

Sterling

El Presidente
The real question is if it was Mealin posing as Mabbu or Mabbu posing as Mealin. Either way is real funny.

rad

Lord of Guk
Was mabbu actually maelin the bard in aos on phiny?

alexjonesOH.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Fairly certain it was Mealin pretending to be Mabbu with the intention of drumming up extra drama, based on that user's previous posts in the 20th anniversery server thread.

That was a pretty coherant post though for Mealin, I'm proud of him. Maybe he's stopped stealing drugs from those elderly people.