Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not for larpers like Locnar. He has to get all his boys in full regalia to storm the realm of Innoruuk, no way you could confront the realm of a god with a mere group.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Yeah PoP just has very little except AA, spells, and a class swarm pet item.

PoP probably has more worthwhile content then any other EQ expansion. But people just like to sit in PoFire and raid only Time then complain about how "shallow" it is. Never really understood it.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
PoP probably has more worthwhile content then any other EQ expansion. But people just like to sit in PoFire and raid only Time then complain about how "shallow" it is. Never really understood it.

Can you link some of the quests or events worth doing?

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Do you actually play in these expansions?

Yes, try several years stuck at PoP on EQmac. Please trust when I tell you I know these expansions inside and out and there is more to the game than the very sad foot race all of you consider it, waiting for the starting gun to fire over and over and over.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Eqmac had broken luclin. So of course you didn't like it.

Tlps have fixed luclin and gates, and these expansions are among the best as a result.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Eqmac had broken luclin. So of course you didn't like it.

I never said I did not like Luclin. I liked it a lot, I am just giving my ranking of it compared to the other 4 expansions. Some of the stuff in Luclin you almost never replaced. Some of the stuff in VP!! you almost never replaced (sow sword, snare proc spear for shaman, etc). This is not wow we are talking about, but a deeper game.

Xevy

Log Wizard
In our 8ish clears of VP on Agnarr we got 0 Sow swords and 1 snare spear. I'm sure on your "no DZ, no picks, OW only" ideal server VP would be even more of a waste when you get to clear VP 1/3 of that amount.

Xeris

Trakanon Raider
I mean you can just 1 group VP with potime geared chars to get the clicky toys if you want em.

I do like the Kunark quests: epics and the archaeology stuff. Those were pretty fun to do on Agnarr because the items were useful and they forced you to explore the continent. Otherwise, Kunark raiding blows.

I enjoyed Velious because it was thematic and had great quests.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Can you link some of the quests or events worth doing?

Crown of Deceit
Essences of Power
Signets of the Councilman
The Binden Concerrentia (Talisman #3)
Gate neck kinda got fucked in value by origin

drop clickie/proc weapons
Club of Slime
Ball of Golem Clay
Coral Hilted Tulwar
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=18831
A ton of ornate legs/chests have useful clickies for caster/hybrids which makes mini raid/group content in BoT, HoH, Tactics an Sol Ro worth doing
The gloves have 30% haste clickie for pure melee although this kinda fucked in usefulness by potions.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Crown of Deceit
Essences of Power
Signets of the Councilman
The Binden Concerrentia (Talisman #3)
Gate neck kinda got fucked in value by origin

drop clickie/proc weapons
Club of Slime
Ball of Golem Clay
Coral Hilted Tulwar
Kelp Hilted Mace
A ton of ornate legs/chests have useful clickies for caster/hybrids which makes mini raid/group content in BoT, HoH, Tactics an Sol Ro worth doing
The gloves have 30% haste clickie for pure melee although this kinda fucked in usefulness by potions.
Every single thing you listed but one I think require a raid to get to that content, whether it's a flag or actual raid drops.

You linked a quest that requires a raid drop from each elemental god .....

We know there are a few quests and some elemental planes drops that are fun, we have done them. It has been an entire two weeks already.

For raiders there just isn't a lot to do when not raiding, getting spells, finishing up and banking AA.

In other news I got to 10k HP which used to be a big thing, at least for a Paladin.

buffed.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Every single thing you listed but one I think require a raid to get to that content, whether it's a flag or actual raid drops.

You linked a quest that requires a raid drop from each elemental god .....

We know there are a few quests and some elemental planes drops that are fun, we have done them. It has been an entire two weeks already.

For raiders there just isn't a lot to do when not raiding, getting spells, finishing up and banking AA.

In other news I got to 10k HP which used to be a big thing, at least for a Paladin.

View attachment 207810
0 krono though, and we all know that's the stat that really counts.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
0 krono though, and we all know that's the stat that really counts.
I run a lot of side raids for myself and others and for some reason I sell nothing that I earn and don’t try to get krono really. Just not in my blood. All three of my subs are just on monthly charge.

• 1Like

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Grats on 10khp though. We just got into Time last night, so I hope to be there soon myself.

• 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I never said I did not like Luclin. I liked it a lot, I am just giving my ranking of it compared to the other 4 expansions. Some of the stuff in Luclin you almost never replaced. Some of the stuff in VP!! you almost never replaced (sow sword, snare proc spear for shaman, etc). This is not wow we are talking about, but a deeper game.

Wtf were you on EQmac? Placer the guy who stood on the rock role playing? Remember him @Bragon lmao

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Wtf were you on EQmac? Placer the guy who stood on the rock role playing? Remember him @Bragon lmao

This is the second time you asked and made the Placer joke. I always thought Placer was perma afk except for the fact he always seemed to quickly respond to tells at anytime day or night. What WAS his true story?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is the second time you asked and made the Placer joke. I always thought Placer was perma afk except for the fact he always seemed to quickly respond to tells at anytime day or night. What WAS his true story?

He was a officer in destiny. He boxed another toon while playing on placer. He would get legit mad if you large race pushed him off the rock with levitation.

I remember you said some guild now sorry. It wasn’t tem or destiny.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
It was Tem, but originally there was a group of us that started at the same time. Was me, Bragon, Ader and a few others and for the life of me I can't recall the guild name. It fizzled out though and we all joined Tem at that point. I remember the leadership of that first guild was very much in the spirit of FoH, obsessed with us playing the perfect class combo, wanted to eclipse Tem, all that garbage. Glad it died because Temerity in contrast played more relaxed and in the spirit of 1999 era (they did not even use voice chat).