Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
What classes did you guys go with? Looks like 3x mag, enc cle and?

Group comp was full retard. 4x Mage, Cleric, Ench.

We effortlessly rolled through 1-34 but getting into Solb we had to start dealing with piles of level 50 Necromancers camping Kobolds and Efreeti. Once we got to 45 and went to OOT goblins it was smooth again. We were doing sub 1 hour levels even in the late 40's, but from 36-45 it was very slow due to factors which wouldn't normally exist on a server launch.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Group comp was full retard. 4x Mage, Cleric, Ench.

We effortlessly rolled through 1-34 but getting into Solb we had to start dealing with piles of level 50 Necromancers camping Kobolds and Efreeti. Once we got to 45 and went to OOT goblins it was smooth again. We were doing sub 1 hour levels even in the late 40's, but from 36-45 it was very slow due to factors which wouldn't normally exist on a server launch.
Yeah I was wondering how you guys would deal with it. When I saw it was 4x mages I figure you guys could probably compete with level 50 necro bots once you hit 31 and got Blaze. I leveled up a dru/mag to 32 for ports and was amazed at how much single target damage mages do compared to wizards. An orchestrated alpha strike of blaze should be able to do 50% of a mob's HP in SolB, even without the pet damage.

Curious, did you log / parse the leveling up process? Would be interesting to see a parse of it and see how similar the different mages were and how much damage the charm pet was doing at different levels.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Yeah I was wondering how you guys would deal with it. When I saw it was 4x mages I figure you guys could probably compete with level 50 necro bots once you hit 31 and got Blaze. I leveled up a dru/mag to 32 for ports and was amazed at how much single target damage mages do compared to wizards. An orchestrated alpha strike of blaze should be able to do 50% of a mob's HP in SolB, even without the pet damage.

Curious, did you log / parse the leveling up process? Would be interesting to see a parse of it and see how similar the different mages were and how much damage the charm pet was doing at different levels.

Yeah I've logged and parsed all my runs. We were able to compare our leveling rate to our launch groups benchmarks throughout due to the logs. I didn't look at DPS too heavily this time but I can say that before the Enchanter nerf for instance a charm pet was as much or more dps than 4x equivalent Mage pets.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I've logged and parsed all my runs. We were able to compare our leveling rate to our launch groups benchmarks throughout due to the logs. I didn't look at DPS too heavily this time but I can say that before the Enchanter nerf for instance a charm pet was as much or more dps than 4x equivalent Mage pets.

So why OOT goblins and not kedge or something with a big ZEM?

Abacab

Golden Knight of the Realm
This level of salt lmao, even better when I called him a furfag

salty.png

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Probably because you can charm the dinosaur (and can even get two?) and easily pull goblins. Kedge has a great ZEM but that doesn't mean you can get as fast a pull or kill rate. Hole seems like it would be better but only at undead camp. There's also a lot more hit points to work through than in the goblins.

Zaide

TLP Idealist

Despite the big zem Kedge loses to most other zones because mob throughput is so low. Density is poor and movement speed is awful which means pulls take longer.

Alizewsaur is the main reason that Goblins win the exp race. It's better than SolB even if you have all of Efreeti and BnB. So from 46+ that's the ideal route. It looks like it was even better than the Hole imho because we left SolB to go to the Hole during this run due to SolB being spammed by level 50's and we found that ultimately our leveling benchmarks were way behind projections the whole time we were in the Hole.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My dad and I have been leveling in kedge. Like Zaide says it's big XP per kill but the mob density is just too low. Boxing is also a huge hassle because /follow doesn't work.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

B_Mizzle

Despite the big zem Kedge loses to most other zones because mob throughput is so low. Density is poor and movement speed is awful which means pulls take longer.

Alizewsaur is the main reason that Goblins win the exp race. It's better than SolB even if you have all of Efreeti and BnB. So from 46+ that's the ideal route. It looks like it was even better than the Hole imho because we left SolB to go to the Hole during this run due to SolB being spammed by level 50's and we found that ultimately our leveling benchmarks were way behind projections the whole time we were in the Hole.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the hole, 42-50 was pretty slow even running pots the hole time. I'll try oot next toon I level.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
There are so many more shitty people playing this now than back in 99/2000. It's crazy. People with super tracking teleporting and sniping named. Moving in on camps without a care in the world for a group that's clearly already there. No empathy for their fellow gamer.

It's always been a bit of cancerous behavior even back with the whole Play Nice Policy, but now that they can't afford GMs, nobody even tries to be nice now. People know there's no real support, so they even run the track program on their EQ box, and taunt you as they steal the named with what is clearly a 4 box on a 2 box server =\

• 1Worf

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
There are so many more shitty people playing this now than back in 99/2000. It's crazy. People with super tracking teleporting and sniping named. Moving in on camps without a care in the world for a group that's clearly already there. No empathy for their fellow gamer.

It's always been a bit of cancerous behavior even back with the whole Play Nice Policy, but now that they can't afford GMs, nobody even tries to be nice now. People know there's no real support, so they even run the track program on their EQ box, and taunt you as they steal the named with what is clearly a 4 box on a 2 box server =\

I think you're being a little dramatic. I've taken 3 characters to 50 and only seen a few instances of people trying to snipe. There might be a few ultra competitive spots, but it's nothing like you're making it out to be

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I gave up trying to level in areas with loot that is of interest to level 50s pretty quickly on.

It's just the natural order of things on a competitive server where valuable loot is scattered in areas that sub-50s can get to. It's kind of refreshing vs the modern paradigm of get useless garbage until you hit cap, but it has its downsides.

• 1Like

yerm

I always disagree with this sentiment that people are shitty now and 99/00 was some kind of utopian paradise. People were shitty then, and in equal maybe even higher percentages. There were less 50s, less raiders, and most importantly the people complaining now were not even trying then. 50s didn't take your am or freeti camp because you probably weren't that level and even if you were probably not worried about their items like you are caring now. Back then the rmt market was VERY lucrative and camps were used very maliciously. Lists controlled by friends, loot at the mercy of the guy right clicking, #1 guilds locking down almost every raid target and never giving others a chance to scratch at that part of the game, etc.

If you actually play with the same casual, unfocused, and slow paced style that over 90% of eq players had back then you probably won't run into many toxic players if any at all! Toxic people at frenzy? Just hang back at cav/sav area, maybe saunter over to crusader keep, or try something wild like perma basement. But you need an fbss? Oh, well, you have a way better chance now of getting that without using USD than you did then - whether you care to believe this fact or not.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So has anyone experienced any actual GM enforcement or involvement? I thought Aradune had GMs, but Rob's post seems to indicate otherwise.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 2 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I’ve not had many issues with sniping, might just be lucky - but as earlier posted got a pick up invite to an efreeti group and got my boots on a roll no problem. Have had several Hole groups pulling names with no issues. Also no issues in the LGuk groups.

Biggest gripe I have is the min/max jackasses who gripe because you charmed the blue golem instead of the yellow one, and you used Aug instead of Swift LTW... this is with two enchanters in the group, both with golems...

• 1Solidarity