Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
twink/plvls or any other rules?

Totally fresh like the server just opened, no outside help etc. It's meant to emulate how you'd play and what you'd do if you were trying to get 50 as quickly as you can on a fresh server launch.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Totally fresh like the server just opened, no outside help etc. It's meant to emulate how you'd play and what you'd do if you were trying to get 50 as quickly as you can on a fresh server launch.
Where you planning to play in the forties? We are checking places out and haven't found anything with enough respawn for the three of us. In kedge right now, it's a pain to box in.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Go into your EQ directory and delete the following files:

spellsnew.edd
spellsnew.eff

Then find your everquest executable in that same folder and make a shortcut of it. Go to properties and add "patchme" after the quotes on your shortcut target. It should look like this:
"C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme

Then use that shortcut to log in from now on. You only need to redo the file delete process once every patch day.

EQ001058.jpg

Just tried this on an old char. Man, this is a game-changer. I forgot how much I missed these old spell effects.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Where you planning to play in the forties? We are checking places out and haven't found anything with enough respawn for the three of us. In kedge right now, it's a pain to box in.

We do 14-45 in Sola/SolB

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
SolB is a mess, buncha randos farming everything and half hour spawn times.

Yeah seems like the first 24-36 hours or whatever you'd have everything to yourself instead of fighting over every spawn like it is now

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah seems like the first 24-36 hours or whatever you'd have everything to yourself instead of fighting over every spawn like it is now
which is what makes zaide's marathon particularly interesting.

It's too bad classic (to my knowledge) doesn't have areas with particularly powerful monsters that most people would avoid. There are a few areas that are tough because of mobs that mez or are tightly packed (mistmoore), but there's just no where a solid group can cut their teeth into mobs that are too tough for less capable groups.

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
which is what makes zaide's marathon particularly interesting.

It's too bad classic (to my knowledge) doesn't have areas with particularly powerful monsters that most people would avoid. There are a few areas that are tough because of mobs that mez or are tightly packed (mistmoore), but there's just no where a solid group can cut their teeth into mobs that are too tough for less capable groups.

What do you mean? I think there is, it is just that everything is level based and a solid group is just a camping ass/sup at the same level another group is camping BR, for example. There just aren't as many other forms of character progression or mob difficulty as there are later in the game.

The level based challenge dries up at the high end when there just aren't many 50+ mobs in the game. To my knowledge the highest/hardest regular xp camp would be undead in the hole.

IMO this problem is much worse in later expansions, especially Luclin, where all exp camps are incredibly trivial (especially for raid geared characters) and the only 'challenge' is how efficiently you can mow them down.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Hey folks, just started up on Aradune and was wondering if anybody wants to group up or if we have a guild on Aradune? It's been forever since I have played so need a good refresher. Looking forward to playing, just wanted to make sure, Aradune is single toon only per IP correct? I don't want to be on a server with a bunch of neckbeards boxing entire 5 man groups.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Took us 11 hours to get 38 so far. Feeling good about wrapping this up in like 26 hours max.