Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I always disagree with this sentiment that people are shitty now and 99/00 was some kind of utopian paradise. People were shitty then, and in equal maybe even higher percentages. There were less 50s, less raiders, and most importantly the people complaining now were not even trying then. 50s didn't take your am or freeti camp because you probably weren't that level and even if you were probably not worried about their items like you are caring now. Back then the rmt market was VERY lucrative and camps were used very maliciously. Lists controlled by friends, loot at the mercy of the guy right clicking, #1 guilds locking down almost every raid target and never giving others a chance to scratch at that part of the game, etc.

If you actually play with the same casual, unfocused, and slow paced style that over 90% of eq players had back then you probably won't run into many toxic players if any at all! Toxic people at frenzy? Just hang back at cav/sav area, maybe saunter over to crusader keep, or try something wild like perma basement. But you need an fbss? Oh, well, you have a way better chance now of getting that without using USD than you did then - whether you care to believe this fact or not.
Yeah I agree with this.

I think people played casual AF in 99/00 but not because they willfully chose it, they just didn't know any better. I sure didn't. Now even casual-joe is expecting to hit 50 and start farming BiS gear.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So has anyone experienced any actual GM enforcement or involvement? I thought Aradune had GMs, but Rob's post seems to indicate otherwise.
Aradune has GM enforcement, but they all act clandestinely because, like just about everything DPG does, their policy is self-defeating.

An extremely visible GM presence would be very effective. Bannings and suspensions should be made public on the forums. Hell if I had my way if you get banned the name of all your characters should be posted along with the guilds those characters are in. People would start policing themselves before the GM got to them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
So has anyone experienced any actual GM enforcement or involvement? I thought Aradune had GMs, but Rob's post seems to indicate otherwise.
The GMs are really only enforcing training. I know a few people who got vacations for intentionally (and even unintentionally) training groups. If you are a 50 and have a swarm of shit on you that kills someone, you might get pinched.

As far as camps/KSing. Everyone's told me that the position of DBG is that there are no such things as camps and that the loot/dps rules are already in place such that the group who did the most damage to the mob earned the loot.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The no-training rule is horseshit. Training is an integral part of the EQ experience.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
I get visited by a GM at least once a week, also seen lots of people get banned for stupid stuff. One guy got banned for AEing in sola.
If doex is online she is normally pretty quick to take action (normally mild action like kicking from zone and chat muting) but action nonetheless

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
The no-training rule is horseshit. Training is an integral part of the EQ experience.
I agree with this statement!

As for GMs, apparently each of the 2 new TLE servers has one. I was secretly hoping for random GM events, but that's a thing of the past. Wonder what the legal issue was with the whole guide program...

• 1Like

Vedette

<Donor>
Yeah I'm not a fan of the hole, 42-50 was pretty slow even running pots the hole time. I'll try oot next toon I level.

It takes charms. Everytime we powerlevel the general route is sola>solb till 33 then put them in a double/triple charm group in undead hole. i have yet to see a better spot in classic then undead with charm pets.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Something I have been wondering. There has been a level 27 solo Mage named Marv farming Raiders in South Karana near the NK zoneline for weeks. Every time I go there day or night he is there, still 27, still killing them on spawn.

What’s the scoop, what is this Mage farming? Is this a plat farm we don’t know about?

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
There are so many more shitty people playing this now than back in 99/2000. It's crazy. People with super tracking teleporting and sniping named. Moving in on camps without a care in the world for a group that's clearly already there. No empathy for their fellow gamer.

It's always been a bit of cancerous behavior even back with the whole Play Nice Policy, but now that they can't afford GMs, nobody even tries to be nice now. People know there's no real support, so they even run the track program on their EQ box, and taunt you as they steal the named with what is clearly a 4 box on a 2 box server =\
It's a direct reflection of the moral degradation of our society thanks to liberals.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

I mean, that's just the fact. Sniping. Running in and nagging a rare spawn. Give chanters back their pre-nerf Sentinel for some extras lulzz

You either can play around the mayhem or be good enough to make it hard for people to do mayhem to you. Some places can get hellish, absolutely, but then I don't know what to say. Log out take a nap and wake up at 3am and play with the Aussies. I don't know.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Despite the big zem Kedge loses to most other zones because mob throughput is so low. Density is poor and movement speed is awful which means pulls take longer.

Alizewsaur is the main reason that Goblins win the exp race. It's better than SolB even if you have all of Efreeti and BnB. So from 46+ that's the ideal route. It looks like it was even better than the Hole imho because we left SolB to go to the Hole during this run due to SolB being spammed by level 50's and we found that ultimately our leveling benchmarks were way behind projections the whole time we were in the Hole.

With Kunark coming up, whats the best leveling path 50-60?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Chardok was really good on Selo.

There were 3 or 4 different camps there that had great mob density, 2-3 names, and fast repops. The Bridge, the Kennels, the Mines, and the Herbalists all were crazy good exp.

I love Sebilis, but Chardok was much faster.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Am I the only person coming into Kunark on Aradune with a level 50 and the plan to try and see all the level 45+ content as I level and not really worried about XP-quality?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Am I the only person coming into Kunark on Aradune with a level 50 and the plan to try and see all the level 45+ content as I level and not really worried about XP-quality?

I've gotten into the raiding pretty nicely, 3 nights a week and apparently might go up once Kunark Velious hit so I'm looking to get 60 ASAP for the raids. I'm liking the old EQ raids alot, they are pretty low intensity and actions required. Just kinda chill, kill shit, get loot, no stress. Last raiding I did was in WoW, was fun but running around, dancing, doing all kinds of mechanics and trying to make the parse with DPS was just like too much work for me at this point, so the EQ raiding is a very nice shift away from that style.

Last edited:

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I get visited by a GM at least once a week, also seen lots of people get banned for stupid stuff. One guy got banned for AEing in sola.
If doex is online she is normally pretty quick to take action (normally mild action like kicking from zone and chat muting) but action nonetheless

so basically they're going to ban people doing seb AE groups?? lol

• 1Worf