Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Down again. I think clown is an understatment at this point. Imagine having all your servers down for an entire day on a pay to play game.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 302981

The current state of login chat atm

1600315668083.png

I got into it with people in WoW general chat earlier. I like how this guy drew a false equivalence about people being pepper sprayed, then quoted Richard Spencer. I (blue name) went on to say that huge BLM crowds gathering in the middle of a pandemic was insane, and almost right away I got a "Go kill yourself you fucking fascist" tell. I've noticed that when people say things like "Biden 2020" they generally just get some lol's but if anyone says "Trump 2020" they get like vicious hate spewed their way. Intredasting.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 303038
I got into it with people in WoW general chat earlier. I like how this guy drew a false equivalence about people being pepper sprayed, then quoted Richard Spencer. I (blue name) went on to say that huge BLM crowds gathering in the middle of a pandemic was insane, and almost right away I got a "Go kill yourself you fucking fascist" tell. I've noticed that when people say things like "Biden 2020" they generally just get some lol's but if anyone says "Trump 2020" they get like vicious hate spewed their way. Intredasting.

Politics in MY WoW thread? It's more likely than you think ;)

LowBait.jpg

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
seeing people with tunare sword transmog now.. lol.. why..

IMO the weapon ornaments hurt the game more than help, especially in early TLP. The ornaments were added during the Seeds of Destruction expac IIRC or around then, when most weapons suddenly looked like total ass incidentally. Of course, ornaments sold like hotcakes. For that era they're fine, and in later expacs when the "uber weapons" aren't as distinctive, ornaments have a place. However in classic TLP I feel like they just kill the mood somewhat. Half of the fun of classic/Kunark/Velious for me back in the day was seeing exactly what weapons people had equipped, and the status symbol element of high-tier weapons like epics and primals.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
I noticed the current fad is for everybody to use sword ornaments, I think GMs are handing them out at the "events". Like casters and priests using sword ornaments as well as melee

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's mostly because people don't want to see they have the same weapon as literally everyone else and with DZ instances that's how it is. You're a warrior? Nice Brutish Blade and Epic 2.0. You now have the same weapons as every other warrior. This expansion especially is bad as everyone has their 1.5 or 2.0 or alternate 2.0 graphics. I used some of my free DBG money to just buy a shield and weapon aug for the first time in 4 years because I had like 3500 points and it cost me like 300 to buy.

That said MOST of the DBG skins look dogshit. There's a few that look cool, but they're over-used by people.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
IMO the weapon ornaments hurt the game more than help, especially in early TLP. The ornaments were added during the Seeds of Destruction expac IIRC or around then, when most weapons suddenly looked like total ass incidentally. Of course, ornaments sold like hotcakes. For that era they're fine, and in later expacs when the "uber weapons" aren't as distinctive, ornaments have a place. However in classic TLP I feel like they just kill the mood somewhat. Half of the fun of classic/Kunark/Velious for me back in the day was seeing exactly what weapons people had equipped, and the status symbol element of high-tier weapons like epics and primals.

There's no status symbol to weapons. Epics are given out like candy with people crying on the forums that VP loot is worthless in the same breath that sk epics should be a 4 hour respawn. Stuff like AOW will be dead day 1.

Cosmetic sales are THE BEST way for a company to make cash without doing real harm to the game environment.

Needless

Toe Sucker
they're missing out, add shit like a cosmetic that gives the original whip and whip animation to a 1hs weapon, or the old "just the tip" 2hb animation

I'd buy that shit twice over no question

yerm

I always liked the idea of being able to take a weapon you own anyway and use its graphic with a different weapon, so that you had to "earn" the transmog appearance to use it but weren't saddled with a shit graphic if you didn't want to be... but that doesn't earn anyone their rubles.

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
I always liked the idea of being able to take a weapon you own anyway and use its graphic with a different weapon, so that you had to "earn" the transmog appearance to use it but weren't saddled with a shit graphic if you didn't want to be... but that doesn't earn anyone their rubles.
So the transmog system from wow?

yerm

So the transmog system from wow?

Yes. But people in wow (or diablo or various other fantasy games) aren't making the owners any money. EQ needs to keep revenue churning so the owners can wash funds; blizzard's system doesn't do that. So you get transmogs that look like you need to compensate for something for $$$ from the store.

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just find it lame that a GM is handing out tunare sword transmogs. Thats one of the best velious 2h graphics and a major epeen item. Now casual billy is running around dual weilding it on his retard dwarf warrior.

Dont fucking devalue chase items :I'm Fine:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What would be the best healer to put with 5 Necros for a murderball box army in classic? Not doing it, just wargaming it.

Cleric: Rez, group heals
Druid: Ports, SoW, get to camps quicker, evac if necessary
Shaman: SoW, another EBolt
Another Necro: YOLO it

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What would be the best healer to put with 5 Necros for a murderball box army in classic? Not doing it, just wargaming it.

Cleric: Rez, group heals
Druid: Ports, SoW, get to camps quicker, evac if necessary
Shaman: SoW, another EBolt
Another Necro: YOLO it
It depends, what are you trying to do and are the 5 necros boxed?

Problem with a necro murderball is that unless you're splitting DPS or something the necros' most lethal option, DoTs, aren't nearly as effective because mobs die too quickly. They'll just be sending their pets in and spamming lifetaps.

My regular group-mate always plays a necro and he's invaluable throughout the EQ experience due to his survivability, utility and consistent DPS but in a packed murderball group all of that starts to fade away and only his modest burst DPS is used.

Last edited:

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I just find it lame that a GM is handing out tunare sword transmogs. Thats one of the best velious 2h graphics and a major epeen item. Now casual billy is running around dual weilding it on his retard dwarf warrior.

Dont fucking devalue chase items :I'm Fine:
I thought you were talking about the Ivyshae blade, which is a quest reward that happens to have Tolan's Longsword. look

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It depends, what are you trying to do and are the 5 necros boxed?

Problem with a necro murderball is that unless you're splitting DPS or something the necros' most lethal option, DoTs, aren't nearly as effective because mobs die too quickly. They'll just be sending their pets in and spamming lifetaps.

My regular group-mate always plays a necro and he's invaluable throughout the EQ experience due to his survivability, utility and consistent DPS but in a packed murderball group all of that starts to fade away and only his modest burst DPS is used.

Yeah I was thinking about mages being potentially better for that reason. The idea is boxing a group that are all doing the same thing. I'm not going to do it but it's fun to think about. Necros wouldn't be able to meet their full potential DPSwise but they'd also be impossible to KS.