Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Needless

Toe Sucker
do people not research anymore? cant find 16-24 necro spells for the life of me
nvm i guess its just like the pet haste thats still researched, woops

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I haven't done the TLP train like a lot have, but I can easily say that GoD and OoW are my favorite expansions thus far (at OoW on Mangler). People who never see those expansions are doing themselves a disservice.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I haven't done the TLP train like a lot have, but I can easily say that GoD and OoW are my favorite expansions thus far (at OoW on Mangler). People who never see those expansions are doing themselves a disservice.

GoD basically was the deathknell of EQ for many players, me included, due to SOE's greed at trying to sell GoD and OoW as two seperate expansions instead of one level-appropriate one. GoD content was initially tuned to level 70 which wasn't available until OoW. Needless to say the shitstorm on the forums and the subsequent nerfing in difficulty levels did nothing to improve SOE's already turd-like reputation.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It doesn't help that you do three months of PoP and then two more months of PoP with LDoN added on.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
LDoN always felt like an experimental expansion.

Can we make instanced content work kinda thing.

They all get a bit blurry around that time. I hardly remember anything about LoY.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
LoY didn’t have a ton of end game content but had armor dyes and a bunch of cool (imo) leveling zones like Dulak / Gunthak. Lotta undead/pirate type mobs on a beach and some docks with boats full of mobs.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
LoY didn’t have a ton of end game content but had armor dyes and a bunch of cool (imo) leveling zones like Dulak / Gunthak. Lotta undead/pirate type mobs on a beach and some docks with boats full of mobs.

AND FROGS AS CHARACTERS!

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

GoD basically was the deathknell of EQ for many players, me included, due to SOE's greed at trying to sell GoD and OoW as two seperate expansions instead of one level-appropriate one. GoD content was initially tuned to level 70 which wasn't available until OoW. Needless to say the shitstorm on the forums and the subsequent nerfing in difficulty levels did nothing to improve SOE's already turd-like reputation.
A lot changed in 15 years.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Was LDoN when they released Chardok B? Fucking loved that place

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
LDoN always felt like an experimental expansion.

Can we make instanced content work kinda thing.

They all get a bit blurry around that time. I hardly remember anything about LoY.

LDON had the same soulless computer generated dungeons that were just random square rooms joined together, same as that vampire add on pack for EQ2. Almost like an intern was in charge of the whole thing when compared to hand crafted dungeons with character (Guk, SolA even Velks :p )

It was probably the same goddamn intern that said 'Yep, this new Freeport is much better!'

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I liked LDoN in concept although the execution wasn't great. Coming from an EQ with no pickzones, having a dungeon specifically for your group and a points rewards system where you were (if you didn't get a drop) at least working towards a reward was a decent motivator.

It could have been really great if the dungeons had been more inspired, some storytelling opportunities were left unused there. Some minibosses and visual progress through a dungeon (think Deadmines) could have made it a standout expansion. As it was, the "dungeon" expansion had the least interesting dungeons of all EQ expansions.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I liked LDoN in concept although the execution wasn't great. Coming from an EQ with no pickzones, having a dungeon specifically for your group and a points rewards system where you were (if you didn't get a drop) at least working towards a reward was a decent motivator.

It could have been really great if the dungeons had been more inspired, some storytelling opportunities were left unused there. Some minibosses and visual progress through a dungeon (think Deadmines) could have made it a standout expansion. As it was, the "dungeon" expansion had the least interesting dungeons of all EQ expansions.

I remember when it came out at the time the loot was ok unless you were in the top guilds, most of it was upgrades.

DickTrickle

Yeah, and sharing the same zone for raids hurt the raids too. There never was any sense of awe or uniqueness to the raids because you'd seen everything before. It'd been like if Seb just had a bunch of frogs milling about in Trak's area 90% of the time or something.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I have aspirations to go back and actually play for GOD and OOW and a few of those. Hasn't happened on a TLP yet -- I usually end up touching the sun and burning out due to RL reqs.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Come play rizlona with me, cuk. Aradune is for suckers and krono farmers.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I'm a bit short on "DB cash" to do a name change, but don't wanna tie a CC to this account. Suggestions? I cannot remember a way to avoid that other than through the Steam install.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I'm a bit short on "DB cash" to do a name change, but don't wanna tie a CC to this account. Suggestions? I cannot remember a way to avoid that other than through the Steam install.
I think paypal would work.

• 1Like

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Any sort of gift card from a local store should work

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Paypal does work, its how i do my purchases